TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pgi86

How should TNA use Sting?

I got this topic idea right off DVDVR and all credit goes to the original poster. Title says it all, how do you think TNA should use Sting for the 1 year he`s under contract with them?

I got this topic idea right off DVDVR and all credit goes to the original poster. Title says it all, how do you think TNA should use Sting for the 1 year he`s under contract with them?

Scorpion Death Drop Larry Zybyszko and tell him that he's been replaced.

Guest Leelee

Have him "invade" a WWE show, but Sting turns on TNA after realizing WWE is where he should be, with all the other old men.

Guest Coffey

Put the belt on him. It's better than Jarrett. Have him lose it to Samoa Joe before the year is up.

I'd use him if/when they start doing house shows, or on ads for PPVs, as one of the big names advertised as appearing. Hype him up as a former world champion and international superstar and blah-blah-blah. Use his name to get casual fans to want to come check him out.

And then have him either curtain jerk and beat a relative nobody or wrestle mid-card and lose to a future star.

Guest Coffey

So you think Sting should come in and go over David Young (as an example) in the undercard while the Jarrett antics continue in the main-event?

Sting, Vampiro, ICP, the Misfits, Dale Torberg to invade TNA and taking all of the gold.......oh yeah Shaggy 2 Dope for X division champion, KISS Demon & Vampiro for tag team champs, and Sting for NWA champion.

Sting vs Dale Torberg in a home run derby.

Or they can have Sting vs Raven vs Jeff Hardy to see who is emotionally unstable.

Sting puts over Monty Brown and DA POUNCE in a injury angle.

Sting over Jarrett for the World Title

Joe, Christian, Monty over Sting for the belt

rest of the time is spent feuding with Raven, then either re-sign or book a retirement angle.

This big team thing reminds me too much of when Sting came back to WCW as Crow and they did the Team nWO vs. Team WCW....please make these evil memories go away.

I think there are 2 good options. First, if Sting brings in a lot of new fans, and can still work, I would put the title on him. Down the line he either drops it to Joe or Brown. It should be Joe, but I am too pessimistic to believe that will ever happen. Second option is to put the belt on Christian and let Jarrett feud with Sting so Jarrett can be appeased.

Sting, Rhino, Christian, and Team 3-D vs Jarrett, Abyss, AMW, and Bobby Rude in WarGames would be the greatest thing they could do at the moment.

There are too many ways that TNA can screw it up. The last time they tried a multi-person cage match it was an utter disaster due to the lack of space and absolutely horrible camerawork. The six-sided ring already gets complaints that it's too small, so a ten person match won't work unless they can bring out two rings, which would eliminate a lot of the crowd.

Their best bet is to just do a ten man tag and try to bust out a Canadian Stampede match.

Guest Coffey

Their best bet would be to have shows in front of non-Orlando crowds and go back to the traditional four-sided ring.

Having a show in front of a Chicago, NYC or Philly crowd would instantly make the show look more credible.

So you think Sting should come in and go over David Young (as an example) in the undercard while the Jarrett antics continue in the main-event?

Yes and no.

Yes, I think Sting should come in and go over people like David Young (who, admittedly, I don't know from a hole in the wall).

No, I don't think that the Jarrett antics should continue.

But I don't think Sting's antics would be much more tolerable, and since the question is what we would do with Sting (rather than what we'd do with the whole organization) I only answered what was asked.

Guest Coffey

They're paying $500,000 for one year of Sting...and you think he should come in and just squash jobbers? That's bad business.

This big team thing reminds me too much of when Sting came back to WCW as Crow and they did the Team nWO vs. Team WCW....please make these evil memories go away.

Bash at the Beach 96 but with Sting in the Hogan role.....Abyss also turns and comes back with a new gimmick of DC comics Lobo.

Guest Coffey
Abyss also turns and comes back with a new gimmick of DC comics Lobo.

He's going to go into blood lust frenzy and murder people with guns and chains? They need a Hellraiser gimmick. Someone that has "so many great things to show you" and that "is a demon to some, an angel to others."

They're paying $500,000 for one year of Sting...and you think he should come in and just squash jobbers? That's bad business.

Coffey, paying $500k for a year of Sting is bad business regardless of what they do with him. If I was making the decisions, I wouldn't have signed him at all.

I stand by my original post: have Sting beat jobbers (even if it means having him curtain jerk) to pop the fans but have him lose to midcarders and future main eventers to help build them up.

Having him hold the title, or even feud for it, is not going to help this company in the future.

In a perfect world, I'd have Sting feud with Jarrett over something other than the belt, and have Killings/Christian/Raven/etc feud over the world title.

Guest Coffey

"Crow" Sting is responsible for myself and I'm sure several others, coming back to watch wrestling again. I was on a two-to-three-year hiatus until Sting showed up to thwart the nWo.

That being said, it doesn't mean that it'll still work to this day and that he can't become stale if he isn't already but it'll be cool to see the gimmick at least once more, even if it's just for one show.

Guest Bulwark
"Crow" Sting is responsible for myself and I'm sure several others, coming back to watch wrestling again. I was on a two-to-three-year hiatus until Sting showed up to thwart the nWo.

That being said, it doesn't mean that it'll still work to this day and that he can't become stale if he isn't already but it'll be cool to see the gimmick at least once more, even if it's just for one show.

Crow Sting was respoinsible for me flipping over to RAW. I was(and still am) a huge fan of The Crow comic book and the first movie, so it just pissed me off to see them rip it off.

Edited by Bulwark

Why does TNA value Sting over Chris F'N Benoit?

Because Sting was a star (key word "was") during the Attitude/nWo era, therefore he must mean money.

I don't think TNA had a real shot at Benoit anyway. It's weird because basically we are never going to see Benoit in a top spot for awhile, if ever. If he stays in WWE, no way he gets re-pushed back or near the top. All that talk you hear in the WWE folder about how if they just have Benoit do such and such and so and so, he could main event whatever ppv is wishful thinking. That is a pipe dream. WWE basically views him as a mechanic who can have good matches with anyone to help anyone they want to look good look good. If he had gone to TNA, he'd be in main events or near the top, but he would be fed to Jeff Jarrett.

Guest Macaroni

Bash at the Beach 96 but with Sting in the Hogan role.....Abyss also turns and comes back with a new gimmick of DC comics Lobo.

That would be awesome, I doubt anyone would expect them to honestly do a heel Sting. But then you could build a star to take him down - Christian, Rhino, Joe, etc. And the Abyss turn would be neat too.

I like this idea.

I think there are 2 good options. First, if Sting brings in a lot of new fans, and can still work,

He won't and he can't. Sting has not been a draw since 1998 and hasn't had a good match since then either. He was never a very good worker now was he ever a very good draw outside of his feud with Hogan.