TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Tom

Proposed Main Page Relaunch

How are the categories looking..? They are pretty much modeled after the forums, so that should be well off and broad enough. Any other names for the random category?

How are the categories looking..? They are pretty much modeled after the forums, so that should be well off and broad enough. Any other names for the random category?

Will we be adding a current events type category?, and also... for the random category..how about: The Crossroads or "In Other News..."

Tom, thank you for this early Christmas present by starting this thread. I'd also like to thank everyone who has offered their help to the front site. The offers for the front site have been awesome so far. Thanks.

I have to say that this setup is pretty cool. I think I worked out all the kinks and tested some things out, so I think this thing's ready to go. Didn't have any problems yet.

I got no such PM either meaning my offer to do an NFL Mock Draft and write about things concerning that day (such as sleepers at each position) isn't something likely to happen. That doesn't upset me though, what does upset me is the fact that resident Hip-Hop expert The Czech Republic will not have a column on Rap. You guys dropped the ball on that one.

I PMed Tom, but I'm assuming he has a life and actually spends Christmas with family/friends, like myself, so it's understandable why I didn't get one back yet.

Now if I don't get one at all, clearly they aren't interested in anything MMA-related on the front page, which I guess is their deal, which is fine of course. I'd just like to write, I just feel like I would do a good job and would enjoy it.

Did you fill out that card thingy on the first page?

There's just no way I'm going to fill out an application to write for this site. My offer is in this thread and that's where it shall stay.

I just find it strange and unessecary to fill out an application to write for this site...unless of course admin wants to throw $5 my way for doing an NFL Mock Draft with potential sleepers article followed by a post draft article. I figure if I fill out an application and get accepted then you gotta place me on payroll!

I also don't like applications at the moment since I filled out many of them as of late with no real luck because the job market in Mass is terrible.

I just find it strange and unessecary to fill out an application to write for this site...unless of course admin wants to throw $5 my way for doing an NFL Mock Draft with potential sleepers article followed by a post draft article. I figure if I fill out an application and get accepted then you gotta place me on payroll!

I also don't like applications at the moment since I filled out many of them as of late with no real luck because the job market in Mass is terrible.

Also, you're a whiny little bitch.

The one thing that I don't like but doesn't bother me is how skinny the writing columns are. The writing area seems kinda crowded, but there's probably nothing that can be done about it.

Guest Leelee

It wouldn't be much trouble to fix the sizes. The left bar is bigger than it needs to be. Infact, it's probably better to put all the topic links at the top of the screen.

Guest Leelee

I'd also write up fantasy football material, so we have one person here who knows what they're talking about.

This site needs to go up soon.

Tom, thank you for this early Christmas present by starting this thread. I'd also like to thank everyone who has offered their help to the front site. The offers for the front site have been awesome so far. Thanks.

Ahem.

Suggestion. Instead of having the articles listed as follows on the front page...

TNA iMPACT! Saturday, December 24th, 2005

Wrestling > TNA

Posted by Coffey on Dec 24, 2005, 08:45

Jeff Jarrett goes over entire roster. News at eleven.

How about doing something closer to this:

WRESTLING > TNA

TNA iMPACT! Saturday, December 24th, 2005

Posted by Coffey on Dec 24, 2005, 08:45

Jeff Jarrett goes over entire roster. News at eleven.

Having the category and the author together in the original format makes for a lot of redundant bold text, kind of obscures the information. Along with that, the space between the byline and the article information lets the byline breathe a little bit.

One other thing - I'd say move the categories up to the top, ditch the subcategories (Hockey, WWE, etc), but have the subcategory listings linked with the article postings. For example, the TNA text in the quote above would be a link to the TNA articles, rather than using the current subcategory links on the left. Makes for better use of whitespace on the articles, and puts all of the site navigation (search included) to the top.

Edited by The Man in Blak

Guest Leelee

Also, what are "foreign" sports? Just put other there. That would get US tennis fans in a tizzy, if they'd ever read the site.

Edit: Are you going to be "testing" people on if they can write for the site? Or, are you just letting everyone in right now? If there will be "testing", please let me know who is involved in this decision-making.