TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Tom

Proposed Main Page Relaunch

I could write fantasy sports stuff, although mostly just baseball and football. I'd really like to just write a general sports column though, because I figure there are already a lot of people focusing on the particular sports.

Foreign Sports is something I came up with. There are a few Aussies and Brits on the board, so some columns about international sports such as cricket, soccer, and yes, even boring old tennis, would go there.

Guest Coffey
I'd also write up fantasy football material, so we have one person here who knows what they're talking about.

This site needs to go up soon.

Is this like a parody now? You've volunteered to do every single thing thus far. Is there anything you wouldn't be interested in doing?

Guest Leelee
Is this like a parody now? You've volunteered to do every single thing thus far. Is there anything you wouldn't be interested in doing?

Many things.

Such as any articles only on wrestling.

The only subject that I can write on a regular basis would be sports material.

Foreign Sports is something I came up with. There are a few Aussies and Brits on the board, so some columns about international sports such as cricket, soccer, and yes, even boring old tennis, would go there.

Ok, dear... but "boring" old tennis... oh, fuck it, I shouldn't be able to read this.

I'd love to see a World Sports summary, catching us up on international sports such as soccer and the like. American media ignores virtually everything outside our borders.

I like watching Formula1, but the U.S. GP this year really turned me off on it. This season was the best in a while, because Schumacher didn't win the world title.

Guest Leelee

Change "foreign" to other, at least.

I'll be writing about tennis, and it's not "foreign" or "international" or "world".

I don't want to make a big deal about it just because it's inaccurate... but, let's be realistic in that most people who visit the site will ignore "foreign" sports.

F1 and the World Cup of Soccer will be covered, definitely. If others want to help out with a monthly round-table discussion of all sports outside the US, say in here.

Oh, and Leena has me on ignore? I feel special.

I'd also write up fantasy football material, so we have one person here who knows what they're talking about.

This site needs to go up soon.

At least I remember what leagues I'm in...

Guest Leelee

Now that I'm a successful professional, I don't have time for the leagues with kids in them.

Guest Coffey
most people who visit the site will ignore "foreign" sports.

Honestly, the site is TheSmartMarks.com. I doubt if a terrible number of people will be coming to the site and reading the main page looking for sports reviews and new DVD's available. It's all about the wrestling in my eyes. It's a wrestling site.

Guest Leelee

I don't see why any happenings on this board would make a difference.

Plus, Coey used to write here while being banned.

Honestly, the site is TheSmartMarks.com. I doubt if a terrible number of people will be coming to the site and reading the main page looking for sports reviews and new DVD's available. It's all about the wrestling in my eyes. It's a wrestling site.

Change the name, then. The supposed centerpiece of this forum is the worst part of it. It hasn't been "all about the wrestling" for years here. It's a place for people who used to like the WWF to come and bullshit about life and other stuff they like now. As for TheSmartMarks, just do what we all do here, and what MTV, ESPN, CNBC, TNN, OLN, et al all do, where the abbreviation becomes the primary ID because the full name no longer applies as well and was not as frequently used.

just do what we all do here, and what MTV, ESPN, CNBC, TNN, OLN, et al all do, where the abbreviation becomes the primary ID because the full name no longer applies as well and was not as frequently used

And KFC, cuz it's not really chicken!

Guest Leelee
So, you want it bot ways? First you say HTQ is in the wrong for talking shit about posters on his blog which is "part of this site" but you are alright with a PBP writing for the main page because it's not part of the site??

I hate people like you.

And Lord knows I hate ignorant kids like you too... but, since I'm in a good mood today, I'll try explaining this situation for the 123423th time.

HTQ is a MODERATOR. That means he can ban people, edit posts, do whatever he wishes to anyone here. Including send me his nasty messages despite me having him on ignore. I'm FORCED to deal with his shit. And he's shown many, many times that he's a troll, and encourages others to join him. An informative troll that can back up his opinions, but still, a troll.

If he was not a moderator, then I would not care. He can be his trollish little prick self all he wants.

Being a writer for this site is entirely different. You have no power over people. You write stuff. People have the choice to read it. Infact, I think HTQ would be a great writer, as long as he stuck to his content.

That's like taking credit for the proper invention of the bacon cheeseburger.

I don't understand why Tom should get the credit for starting a thread that's just a continuation of another thread.

Guest Vitamin X

Change the name, then. The supposed centerpiece of this forum is the worst part of it. It hasn't been "all about the wrestling" for years here. It's a place for people who used to like the WWF to come and bullshit about life and other stuff they like now. As for TheSmartMarks, just do what we all do here, and what MTV, ESPN, CNBC, TNN, OLN, et al all do, where the abbreviation becomes the primary ID because the full name no longer applies as well and was not as frequently used.

I agree. http://www.tsm.com/ would just look/feel weird, though.

Although, we'd have to come up with a new definition for the acronym for TSM.