TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Tom

Proposed Main Page Relaunch

that's way too many subcategories. Most of them can probably go.

Agreed.

Writers should not use their forum handles when writing articles. If this is supposed to be an actual website, not an extension of a messageboard, then it needs to look as professional as possible. If I see an article by "Kingofthe909," I'm not going to think, "Oooh, that might be interesting," I'm going to think, "WTF is a 'Kingofthe0909?'"

Agreed, but the only thing I'll add is that if I read an article by Bob Smith, I don't want to then try to figure out who he is at TSM. I might really be digging a certain columnist, only then to find out much later that's it's nl-asshole.

I don't think there are too many categories, it does leave some room to be filled in by writers and also allows us to expand in the number of articles and not be so cluttered. I.E Weekly DVD reviews and releases would swap out maybe an article about music, which was 2 weeks ago, but still a very good article.

The gravel pit is a place for anything which doesn’t fit a category…  or just the writers writing about whatever they want no real form, rhyme or reason.

I see your point. I just think it's a better idea to start small and expand rather to just start out big (in this case have many categories) and wait to get them filled. But I don't own the site, nor have any editorial control, so in the end I really don't care. Best of luck in getting the site up and running.

I love the fact that something I wrote 3 years ago and is buried under years of articles actually has a lot of hits AND four votes. I may not have known it at the time, but making fun of those crappy sites that used to / possibly still do things like ***TORRIE PLAYBOY PICTURE CLICK HERE*** sure worked in my favour.

Lol, the hits you see on the site is a different system than what monitors the real hits on the server. I just had that so writers could easily see how many times it’s been viewed. if that is the article I am thinking of, lol, its in the top 5 every month and been #1 for a few. Dames Diatribes are pretty highly viewed as well.

…So when are you writing another playboy article…? :)

wow, lol, 333 when i checked it.

That number is just based off a few days ago when that system was implemented.

I'm loving the stuff I've read so far, not many other sites can offer Fantasy NBA advice from an Australian.

I should have my first column up in a couple of days.

Not to pick "favorites" or anything, but I have always been a fan of the DVD releases, as I am a movie buff with a personal DVD collection (500+)

Guest Princess Leena

I'll start writing up some college basketball stuff this weekend, or sometime around there.

And tennis stuff, too.

Lol, the hits you see on the site is a different system than what monitors the real hits on the server. I just had that so writers could easily see how many times it’s been viewed. if that is the article I am thinking of, lol, its in the top 5 every month and been #1 for a few. Dames Diatribes are pretty highly viewed as well.

…So when are you writing another playboy article…? :)

Not anytime soon, seeing as how there is a new publishing URL that I don't know.

Speaking of old columns, you know what I always liked, never had a chance to be a part of, and would be worth bringing back now that we have a stable of writers again? The Crossface.

Guest Princess Leena

I'm surprised we don't have anyone writing any wrestling content. Especially reviewing PPV's and the weekly shows. I'm tempted to review the always exciting Impact this weekend... just so I can get 1000 hate e-mails.

They should be putting the e-mails at the bottom. You can PM them on the forums as well, by going to the members button in the top and the sorting by "TSM Writers" group.

I'm surprised we don't have anyone writing any wrestling content. Especially reviewing PPV's and the weekly shows. I'm tempted to review the always exciting Impact this weekend... just so I can get 1000 hate e-mails.

I'm surprised too. There definitely needs to be weekly RAW and SD reviews, as well as for PPV's. That's one of the main things that will keep "casual readers" coming to the site. I signed up for sports partly because I figured a bunch of people were already all over wrestling, but I guess I could help out with it if not many people are doing it.

I asked JHawk if he'd like a vacation a few months ago, since I've gotten back into watching Raw live in the last six months or so. I'd love to review it, especially since I can't think of what to write about for my own column.

Anyone seriously wanting to write something, simply send me your info as stated in the first post of this topic and we can get you setup as a writer.

*Current TSM writers, you can write on whatever you want, as you know, just let others in the TSM Writer folder know. Several views on things I think would be interesting to read.