TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Shelton Benjamin

I agree with Canadian chick 150%, RVD has been out with an injury for about a year and he's still more over than any babyface in the WWE. Shelton is a great athlete but he just doesn't have that main event charisma yet, maybe someday he'll be ready to take that next step but as of now he is still midcard material.

He doesn't NEED to talk. They are pushing Bobby Lashley but Shelton is much better then Lashley on the mic. Shelton can be a pure athlete who gets over by amazing the fans in the ring and actually WIN matches. Cause if he loses the matches, it makes him look dumb. He can be a main eventer without being able to cut 20 minute promos. Let him be a arrogant athlete like he was in World Greatest Tag Team and let him WIN matches. It would have been awesome if he was in the Elimination Chamber, he would steal the show.

He doesn't NEED to talk. They are pushing Bobby Lashley but Shelton is much better then Lashley on the mic. Shelton can be a pure athlete who gets over by amazing the fans in the ring and actually WIN matches. Cause if he loses the matches, it makes him look dumb. He can be a main eventer without being able to cut 20 minute promos. Let him be a arrogant athlete like he was in World Greatest Tag Team and let him WIN matches. It would have been awesome if he was in the Elimination Chamber, he would steal the show.

How do you know this? How do you know he'd get over by just having matches and winning them? How do you know he'd steal the show in the Elimination Chamber? It's possiible he would (it's possible Carlito could, in that case), but certainly not a sure thing.

It's gotta be RVD as the answer here. The jury is still out to some degree on Shelton, and to be honest he's never been all that over or connected with the crowd.

The others listed here like Jericho, Taz, DDP, and so on have at least had some sort of run on top of a promotion. RVD didn't even get his much deserved run on top in ECW.

RVD didn't even get his much deserved run on top in ECW.

Yeah. Even though Heyman's much better than the writers that WWE usually hires, he's had his share of flaws as well.

It's still baffling to this day as to why he pushed Justin Credible instead of RVD to the World Heavyweight title in ECW.

RVD didn't even get his much deserved run on top in ECW.

Yeah. Even though Heyman's much better than the writers that WWE usually hires, he's had his share of flaws as well.

It's still baffling to this day as to why he pushed Justin Credible instead of RVD to the World Heavyweight title in ECW.

My theory was that RVD's TV title reign was to make that title seem as important as the World Title, and then RVD's challenge for the World Title would be Title for Title.

Dono if this was posted or not-

Credit: PWTorch Newsletter

-- Apparently Shelton Benjamin has had his push decreased due to showing blatant negative and disrespectful attitude towards a veteran road agent.

How do you know this? How do you know he'd get over by just having matches and winning them? How do you know he'd steal the show in the Elimination Chamber? It's possiible he would (it's possible Carlito could, in that case), but certainly not a sure thing.

Because he was over when he was beating Trips, and Orton, and Jericho. And he stole the show in the Mania ladder match. He would very likely do the same in the Chamber.

-- Apparently Shelton Benjamin has had his push decreased due to showing blatant negative and disrespectful attitude towards a veteran road agent.

he'll be fired within 6 months...

Guest Jack Potts

I'm disgusted by how the WWE is run like some kind of ad hoc backyard treehouse club instead of a multi-million dollar corporation beholden to stockholders. Everytime somebody in back gets a bruised ego over the slightest breach in etiquette, they pull the legs out from under a qualified wrestler. However, if Vince breaks into a spasm of giggles over a sub-par wrestler with Sideshow Bob afro or a shuckin-and-jivin' karate instructor, he'll push them to the moon. The door to the WWE human resources department must lead to a back alley strewn with rotten garbage and drunken chimps, because they don't seem to have any reasonable, professional way to deal with problems and issues that arise.

If a wrestler is disrespectful, you pull him to the side, ask what the problem might be, address it, and move on like professional adults. Both sides make concessions if necessary, with the understanding that you don't want to see that sort of behavior/outburst again, and you outline the consequences if such an incident happens in the future. If it happens again, and a de-push was specified as a punishment, then the punishment must be observed. Now I honestly can't say that this didn't happen, but c'mon, folks! This is the same company that had their first undisputed champion walking Stephanie McMahon's dog on-camera, just so he wouldn't upstage her significant other during their big feud.

Instead, the WWE goes out of it's way to publicly humiliate people for every perceived infraction of their impossibly arcane, convoluted web of rules and backstage social mores. By doing so, you negatively impact the product by destroying a "character" who could be a long-term asset for the company.

This is the same company that had their first undisputed champion walking Stephanie McMahon's dog on-camera, just so he wouldn't upstage her significant other during their big feud.

Is this literally or figuratively? And when did this happen?

Edited by hyperchord24

Probably Dibiase for his treatment of Virgil in the 80's. :P

Guest Coffey

I actually think the IWC overrates Shelton's abilities. His wrestling abilities, contrary to popular belief, aren't amazing. He seems to botch a lot of spots. A lot of people reference Shelton "stealing the show" at Wrestlemania, however if anyone else in that match would've done the ladder run, they would've been the one to "steal the show" and they probably wouldn't have botched the clothesline when they got to the top of the ladder either.

He was over in Team Angle because Kurt Angle was over. He was over against Orton and Triple H because people hate Orton and Triple H. I'm not seeing this charisma that Shelton supposedly has. I'm not saying he's never impressed me, I really liked his Gold Rush tournament match with HBK and his first match with Hunter, but he's certainly not the most misused wrestler of the decade.

for my own selfish reasons, I'd like to see a black wrestler succeed...yeah yeah color has nothing to do with anything, blah blah...I don't care, I'd like to see it and I think it's okay for me to want that...

Edited by Black Lushus

Guest Coffey

I actually want to see it too. It's not really selfish reasons on my part, as I'm white as bread, it's just I'd like to see at least a gesture that WWE aren't horribly racist. The Rock is probably, sadly, as close as you're getting though, unless WWE are stubborn with Lashley. Rock was half black & half samoan....

I've always accepted Rock's black side when it comes to the WWE pushing a man of color....you're not gonna find me saying "I want a black champ, the Rock doesn't count"...to me, that's the stupidest arguement anyone can make...it would just be nice to see more black superstars in the history books under the world title history sections...While Shelton is certainly not the greatest thing ever, he has the potential to be up there one day...he just needs to quit fucking up in the ring and, apparently, outside of the ring.

I dunno, that's just how I've always been...when Ahmed Johnson first came around I thought he'd be the first black man to win the World Title before he started fucking himself and others up in the ring and I was pretty disappointed when he turned out being a bust...let's face it, dude was over huge regardless of the fact that he couldn't talk worth a shit and wasn't that muchin the ring...now here's Shelton, who seemed to have all the tools in the world, and the fucking up starts all over again...again, it's pretty disappointing.

I guess Lashley is the next hope, but that dude has a LONG way to go...I'd be bold enough to say Ahmed was better in the ring and way more over at this same point in his run.

Edited by Black Lushus

Ahmed was the only black guy that was over enought to deserve the World Title. If he didn't keep getting hurt he probably would have been Champ at some point.

I always liked Ahmed, but I can never understand how the guy got over so quickly.

huge, intense black guy...at that point in time, that's all it took. You gotta remember, he debuted in 95 at the point where Nash was getting turned on by fans, Bret was just sorta around and HBK was starting to hit his stride...I may be crazy, but I think at one point in late 95/early 96 he may have been at least the 2nd or 3rd most over guy on the roster after HBK and UT...Lashley could probably be there but he hasn't seem intense enough, at least not the few times I've seen him...maybe he's getting better? someone else would have to make that call.

Edited by Black Lushus

Ahmed also had a unique offense for a big man. No big man from that era was doing scissor kicks and planchas over the top rope to the outside.

Ahmed was the only black guy that was over enought to deserve the World Title.

Yeah, that Booker T guy wasn't over. Despite being popular enough to co-main event Wrestlemania, and being one of the most over wrestlers in the WWE during 2002-2003. Booker T should have won the World Title at Wrestlemania 19, I don't care what anyone says. Espically after that borderline racist fued.

As for Shelton Benjamin, the guy is an exciting worker, and has great skills. It has been proven he has mic skills, but the WWE wont let him use it, instead they gave him these cheesy lines to say. I thought his promos with HBK in the past week were decent. He can get over by just wrestling, like a RVD, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, etc.

I wouldn't say Shelton has been the most mis-used of the past decade, because he did have a mini push, and pinned HHH cleanly. Chris Jericho, I think was the most mis used wrestler of the past decade, even when they gave him a chance to shine with being the undisputed world champion, they made him be Stephanie McMahon's severent and a cowardly heel. I don't even remember him getting a clean victory during his title reign.

Guest Scuba Steve

Shelton and Haas were both misused bad. They should have been like the Rockers 2003 because Shelton could have been like Jannetty and Haas like HBK. They both had the skills and talent to be main eventers.

Shelton and Haas were both misused bad. They should have been like the Rockers 2003 because Shelton could have been like Jannetty and Haas like HBK. They both had the skills and talent to be main eventers.

I think you got it the other way around. Just my opinion.