TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

Family Guy/American Dad 12/18

"Family Guy" (households: 4.2/6, #14; adults 18-49: 3.4, #8) and "American Dad" (households: 4.8/7, #9; adults 18-49: 4.1, #3).

This is bizarro world. Have so many people turned off to Family Guy that American Dad is now the more popular of the two?

My guess is people turned on to see Family Guy at 9pm and saw Bush sitting in his chair and turned it assuming it wasn't coming on despite the promos for a new episode.

That is what a bunch of my friends did.

That just comes across as incredibly sad and bitter. Did they think that would get a laugh?

It did from a lot of people. On another message board most people loved the joke, as did I and the few people I've repeated it to.

I liked the Mr. Burns/Grandpa Simpson island plot. A lot of it made me laugh out loud.

The steroid Peter was one of the funniest things I'd seen on that show in a while.

Guest JMA

I hope Stewie and the fish don't become the characters that rip on everything that's popular. I hate characters like that.

Anyway, the episodes were both good.

American Dad (or as The Simpons refered to it, the "Plageriser of the Plageriser") soundly beat it this week though.

I'm not up on my pop culture beefs. Someone wanna elaborate here?

The Simpsons producers/Matt Groening are a bunch of bitter washed up hacks who can't stand the fact that Seth McFarlane's Family Guy and American Dad are doing great while the Simpsons keep circling the shit-covered toilet and Futurama is dead and never coming back.

According to the DVD commentary on Volume 3 (btw, James Woods is absolutely hilarious for his commentary), Matt told Seth to just f the feud and admitted liking Family Guy. Seth also had nothing but good things to say about The Simpsons.

Guest JMA
According to the DVD commentary on Volume 3 (btw, James Woods is absolutely hilarious for his commentary), Matt told Seth to just f the feud and admitted liking Family Guy. Seth also had nothing but good things to say about The Simpsons.

That's good news.