TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Worst Song of 2005

Look, I know that last year, I went overboard with the best of and worst of lists, so this will be the only one. Anyways, here's my picks for worst song of the year

Trace Atkins-Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk (Quite possibly the whitest song in ages)

Simple Plan-Untitled

R.Kelly-Trapped in the Closet (This is unbeliveable. I thought that You Saved Me couldn't be topped, but it has. That out of the way, I can't hate this one)

Thrice-Image of the Invisible

Hawthorne Heights-Ohio is for Lovers

Are you kidding me?

My Humps, by a landslide.

Agreed. What's terrible is on the radio they had an intro of some woman saying it's the sexiest song all year. Scared the hell out of me that people could find that sexy.

"Niki FM" by Hawthorne Heights

Agreed. That's not a chorus, it's a cry for help.

Also

"BYOB" by System of a Down. Not only was it overplayed, it was hilariously bad.

Trace Atkins-Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk (Quite possibly the whitest song in ages)

Agreed. The bit I heard of that song was easily the STUPIDEST thing I'd heard all year. Not just music-wise, either.

"BYOB" by System of a Down. Not only was it overplayed, it was hilariously bad.

When he says "WHY DO THEY ALWAYS SEND THE POOR?", it really makes you think, you know? Why DO they always send the poor? Serj Tankian opened my eyes. Thank you, Serj Tankian. Where would I be without you.

"You're Beautiful" - James Blunt

Hello! This was up there, definitely. Was that Athlete album released this year? Everything I heard off that was pretty shocking, even for them. U2 continue to pollute the planet. Kaiser Chiefs must die. There are others, but those are people upon whom I wish automobile accidents.

Edited by PLAGIARISM!

my humps is fucking radical. deal with it.

I would argue that 'Hollaback Girl' is a 'radical' song and doesn't deserve to be on the worst of 2005 list. It's just quirky, it's not bad.

I dislike "My Humps", though.

Hawthorne Heights is terrible, it's like they scraped the absolute dregs of the emo barrel and decided to inflict them upon the rest of us.

Photograph by Nickelback is an awful song and it sounds just like their other crappy songs.

I find a couple of Nickelback's songs to be acceptable mainstream pop / rock. This song is just ridiculously bad, though. However bad you may think their previous songs are, this is several degrees worse. I'm confused as to whatever possessed them to think it was worthy of being recorded, let alone put on an album, and I'm even more perplexed as to why the song is actually a hit for them.

The only redeeming thing about the Nickleback song is if you imagine him trying to come up with rhymes while writing it. Some of it he so obviously forced that it becomes hilarious.

Maybe he wrote them all in the old arcade. You know, where he blew every dollar that he ever made?

That song got old the second time I heard it, and considering that it was played on 5/10 of my radio presets, I was wishing I could block individual songs after a few times of hearing it.

Holla Back Girl sounds like it was recorded using a Fisher Price keyboard by a kid writing a song for the elementary school talent show. Then, mix in non-sensical lyrics where a woman in her mid-30s is RAPPING ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL and spelling the name of a piece of fruit.

Any of you fuckers that like this song will look back a year from now and want to kick your own ass for liking it.

Hawthorne Heights is terrible, it's like they scraped the absolute dregs of the emo barrel and decided to inflict them upon the rest of us.

Theres something we can all agree on. I've always hated emo, and Hawthorne Heights is the worst thing to come to music this year.

Also, while it is dumb, I hardly think that "Hollaback Girl" is the worse song of the year. Mr. Jerk, I take it you haven't hear Trace Atkin's "Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk". That makes "Hollaback Girl" look like the best song of the year.

The only redeeming thing about the Nickleback song is if you imagine him trying to come up with rhymes while writing it. Some of it he so obviously forced that it becomes hilarious.

HOW DID OUR EYES GET SO RED?

AND WHAT THE HELL IS ON JOEY'S HEAD???

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that "Mr. Lonley" song. I'd put that inbetween "My Humps" and one of the Simple Plan songs from this year.

Also, who the fuck are Heathrow Heights?

My humps is so laughably, enjoyably, bad, I can't imagine it being worse than any Nickelback song I've ever heard. Of course I think I'll never have to listen to it again.

I remember on Letterman, Alan Calter (the announcer) did a bit where he rapped "My Humps". It was pretty funny.

Holla Back Girl sounds like it was recorded using a Fisher Price keyboard by a kid writing a song for the elementary school talent show. Then, mix in non-sensical lyrics where a woman in her mid-30s is RAPPING ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL and spelling the name of a piece of fruit.

Any of you fuckers that like this song will look back a year from now and want to kick your own ass for liking it.

You don't know me. I assure you, I shall nestle this song to my bosom and nurture it forever.