TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pochorenella

Survivor Series buyrate and RAW ratings

Both taken from PWInsider.com:

The first estimate for the Survivor Series buyrate is out and the show appears to be a bit down from the last year. With an early number of 375,000 buys, it trails last year's (about 400,000) and the 2003 (450,000) shows but is about 25,000 buys ahead of the 2002 show.

Not bad, specially if you take into account that most buyrates rise somewhat significantly after initial estimates. This year's SSeries could wind up matching last year's.

The Tribute to the Troops edition of Raw did a 3.7 cable rating, with a 5.7 share. The show did hours of 3.8 and 3.6.

AM Raw from 12/17 did a 0.7 cable rating, with a 1.9 share.

Not surprising for RAW. And AM RAW matched TNA Impact ratings for this week

I see lowered buyrates as being caused by running so many PPVs per year. When I first started watching wrestling, PPVs seemed like a bigger deal, now its like "Oh, look, another pay per view *yawn*..."

I'm sure total buys for the entire calendar year is up though, since its probably the same 200,000 people throwing their money away no matter how shitty the build up is.

If big name PPVs like SSeries didn't have crap like Bischoff Vs. Long or Trish Vs. Melina on the card, it would have had better a better buyrate. Of course, with rookies like Masters and Carlito being in the main event when they have no business being there didn't help either.