TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

2005: How was your year?

2005 has to have been the most uneventful year I've ever had. All I did was work and occasionally go out with friends. Every date I went on this year ended with the "I just want to be friends" talk. I swear I'm cursed.

Here's to 2006....let's hope it gets better.

2005 was the year of school and doing shit. Nothing big happened. 2004 was the worst year of my life. My friends' dad died and I HATED school. But 2005 has been very average. 2006 looks good though. 2000 was the best year no doubt about it. All the chicks dug me, I went to Euro Cup 2000 half-finale and school was easy. Good times...

Mine had its major ups and downs. I got to attend WrestleMania 21 and all 3 days of E3, which was awesome. I finally made some friends here after moving here in November 2004. I met an amazing girl and we got engaged in mid-August. I turned 21 in July, and that has led to a lot of fun times.

On the other hand, most of those friends turned out to be assholes who I wanted nothing to do with. I continue to hate my job, and worst of all by far, my 18 year old sister has been missing for almost 6 months.

Guest Dildo McFarland

Not too bad. I mean, every year is similar for me. Another year, another 365 days spent in a damp, smelly place. I'm talking about canada of course.

Mine had its major ups and downs. I got to attend WrestleMania 21 and all 3 days of E3, which was awesome. I finally made some friends here after moving here in November 2004. I met an amazing girl and we got engaged in mid-August. I turned 21 in July, and that has led to a lot of fun times.

On the other hand, most of those friends turned out to be assholes who I wanted nothing to do with. I continue to hate my job, and worst of all by far, my 18 year old sister has been missing for almost 6 months.

Is this the one who sold off your video games to support her habits?

Fairly average, uni is ok, student debt getting to be a issue, not a bad semester but a lazy one, don't really wanna be single much longer, lost one grandparent but they didn't suffer, still extremely close with my home crowd, still drinking far too much, would like to lose some weight, but no immediate life-threatening concerns.

Honestly I haven't had one of those outstanding years that I look back on fondly since 1995 (yeah that long), but I've had plenty of average years so don't think I'm all depressed or anything.

Not bad at all. Didn't do as well in school as I wanted to, but well enough to stay out of hot water. Thanks to the acquisition of an iPod, I was able to become real dedicated to working out, which has subsequently altered my eating habits. Obviously I'm looking to carry both over into the New Year and make further improvements, but they've really made a difference for me mentally and physically. I've got my fair share of goals lied out for 2006, but from a personal perspective, 2005 wasn't bad at all.

This year went by quick and was kinda meh for me.

Work

School

Moved again

Attended Disneyland's 50th Anniversary

So far 2006 looks to be a whole new beginning in my world. New mission (School priorities) and quite possibly a new girlfriend who will be a major upgrade.

It's been pretty good for me personally, but school has SUCKED and I really need to try to get them in order next semester. Here's hoping

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I went to Florida (inundated months later), Mardi Gras in New Orleans (inundated months later), Virginia (still standing), and I'm going to Jamaica tonight.

Pope died.

I met the love of my life, and got promoted at work.

No one I know croaked.

The Colts and Bears are both in good standing in the playoffs.

Good year.

Edited by Agent of Oblivion

2005 was a shitty year for me. Not as a whole, but more than 80% of it was nothing but pain / suffering / boredom.

Here's some highlights:

*I became a United States Marine. I went through some of the hardest training, lost a shit ton of weight + got in the best shape of my life, grew up, learned appreciation, etc.*

*Went home on leave in July, and had a hell of a time.*

*Went home on leave for Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. Ever. Period.*

*Bought some things that had been alluding me for years. Incredible Hulk #181. Enough said.*

*Got a cell-phone. Not really a highlight, but it was a goal accomplished.*

Low-points:

*I have only been home on January 1st-2nd, April 3rd-17th, July 1st-5th, November 20th-29th. Yeah, that sucks.*

*Being poor.*

*Having a heat stroke.*

*Finding out I have a considerable size hole in my heart.*

*I started smoking. A lot.*

*Alcohol in large amounts. Daily.*

*Broken leg.*

*Broekn arm.*

*Broken nose, three times.*

*Having few friends.*

That pretty much wraps it up. I worked through a lot of pain this year. The broken bones never slowed me down, but the heart problem sure does. Hopefully 2006 proves to be a much better year for yours truly.

That's why there on the low-point section, my friend. I'm trying to quit them. I've been drinking heavy since I was like 17 though, that's going to be tough. Plus, everyone drinks around here. Same thing with smoking.