TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Most forgettable stint in a promotion

Guest Duke_The_Dog
"The Rebel" Dick Slater in the WWF, late 1980s if my memory serves. I don't even know if he had a feud, I just remember him having a wicked short run there, dressed in full Southern Civil War-era garb.

He lasted nearly a year as he wound up teaming with jobbers near the end of his run

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Curtis Hughes 1000 WWF run

Buzz Sawyer and Billy jack Haynes' 1984 one week WWF stints

Ditto the Rockers in 87

Bill Irwin worked as a WWF jobber in 94 ish. Curt Henning put him over on Superstars as a Wily vet.

Guest Fook
The Freebirds in the WWF.

I don't remember this at all.

When was this? Did they do anything of note?

The Freebirds in the WWF.

I don't remember this at all.

When was this? Did they do anything of note?

This was in late 1984. They beat The Moondogs at arena shows and apart from one scene with Cyndi Lauper did nothing else before leaving by the end of the year.

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Birds came in July of 84 beating jobber heel teams in 6 mans. They were drunken and unruly to deal with and reported Gordy or Roberts passed out drunk in a meeting with Vince. Roberts may have fallen out of the ring once as well. Gordy and Roberts left within a month Hayes stuck it out til Sept teaming with someone else who's name escapes me. Then he quit as well.

Guest Duke_The_Dog

They came out to Freebird and Cyndi Lauper (think Britney Spears 1999) and her manager did an agle with them.

Guest jm29195

The Headhunters in the WWF circa 1996- they came out with Cornette on one RAW and didn't appear since, not sure if they were under contract or not though...

Bossmans stint in 2002- I can't remember him doing anything of note apart from being in the rumble and helping Booker T fight Austin a couple of times in December 01

The Headhunters in the WWF circa 1996- they came out with Cornette on one RAW and didn't appear since, not sure if they were under contract or not though...

Bossmans stint in 2002- I can't remember him doing anything of note apart from being in the rumble and helping Booker T fight Austin a couple of times in December 01

Weren't the Headhunters in the 1996 Royal Rumble as well?

And I will forever remember Bossman for being in the segment where Booker T revealed his catchphrase to counteract the "What?" chants Austin had ushered in; "Who?" Bossman and Vince McMahon's reactions were gold.

Second mention for Greg Valentine, for his early 90s run in WCW. Must have been 92ish. I remember him winning the worthless United States Tag Team Titles and that's about it.

Mike Awesome, WWE. After about a month, they buried him.

Justin Credible, WWE.

Jerry "Mr JL" Lynn in WCW.

By his standards, Goldberg's WWE run was pretty forgettable, although it probably shouldn't count amongst these.

They were indeed...and were squashed by Vader in short order.

My picks for most forgettable stints are Public Enemy in the WWF 1999 and Jerry Lynn in the WWF 2000.

Does Big Bully Busick's fall '91 WWF stint count?

I swore I was the only person who remembered this man. He came in right after I started watching and I remember thinking that he was gonna be somebody important...then he vanished after about a month.

And I will forever remember Bossman for being in the segment where Booker T revealed his catchphrase to counteract the "What?" chants Austin had ushered in; "Who?" Bossman and Vince McMahon's reactions were gold.

I need to see that :huh:

Just thought of another guy...Jimmy Graffiti in WCW. I think this was around '95 or early '96. They brought him out on WCW Saturday Night and it seemed like they were going to give him a big face push. Never saw him again.

Just thought of another guy...Jimmy Graffiti in WCW. I think this was around '95 or early '96. They brought him out on WCW Saturday Night and it seemed like they were going to give him a big face push. Never saw him again.

I'm pretty sure that was Jimmy Del Ray

I almost forgot... The Harris brothers in SMW, ECW, WWF, WCW, and TNA.

Although, it warms my heart that they apparently decided to shake a little fear into HBK before they left WWF.

Let's not forget Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom (Aka The Beverly Brothers using their real names) in WCW. They teamed up on a few Thunders and WCW Saturday Nights but nothing really ever came of it. Although Enos was in WCW as a singles wrestler for a while from 96ish to 99 and he did get a pay per view match against Chris Benoit at Souled Out 99.

Another one even though it lasted two or three years, Barry Horowitz's WCW career. People remember him as a WWF jobber, not a WCW jobber. I vaguely remember Barry Horowitz had a brief WCW Saturday Night only angle with Alan Funk in 2000 but the show was cancelled before anything came of it. I think the feud was based on Alan Funk making fun of Barry never winning a match.

Two other WWF lower-midcarders/jobbers in WCW, Jim Powers and Pat Tanaka. For some reason, I thought Jim Powers was going places as he was managed by Teddy Long (anybody with a manager can't be a jobber!) and won a few squashes on Saturday Night and Pro. But he was basically used in the same role as JTTS as he was in WWF. Pat Tanaka was in WCW for like six months in 98, he wrestled mostly against cruiserweights and I thought that division could have used him but alas it was not to be.

DDP in TNA

At least he competed in a PPV main event in TNA... I'd actually put DDP's WWF run in 2001 as a member of WCW. Lost to Taker's wife, jobbed left and right, and was gone (due to injury) in less than a year. At least he got a European title run out of it and a WrestleMania win over Christian.

Like either of those mean anything, but still. :lol:

The fact that he got a title run, and that you remembered so much of what he did, kind of negates it being a 'most forgettable stint', no?

Let's not forget Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom (Aka The Beverly Brothers using their real names) in WCW. They teamed up on a few Thunders and WCW Saturday Nights but nothing really ever came of it. Although Enos was in WCW as a singles wrestler for a while from 96ish to 99 and he did get a pay per view match against Chris Benoit at Souled Out 99.

It's worth noting that Mike Enos was in the ring when Scott Hall first appeared in the crowd in May 1996, kicking off the biggest angle in WCW history.

I'm pretty sure that was Jimmy Del Ray

Ah, yeah, I think you're right. I'd completely forgotten who he actually was. I just remember his idiotic costume.

Guest J0bber

I swore I was the only person who remembered this man. He came in right after I started watching and I remember thinking that he was gonna be somebody important...then he vanished after about a month.

I totally forgot who Busick was until I recently read an old WWF magazine from fall 91ish hyping his debut. He kind of had the look to be an upper midcard heel at the time, and I believe he was managed by Harvey Wippleman. One of the reasons he didn't take off was because he wasn't that good of a wrestler.

I remember The Brooklyn Brawler actually getting a win over Busick on an episode of Prime Time Wrestling. That's saying something about how well you're really going to get pushed.

How about the Rock and Roll Express in WCW in 96? I watched back WCW almost religiously at that point and even I didn't remember there stint there. The only way I found out about it was cause I was reading some WCW House Show results and I saw they were on a few of them curtain jerking.

It's worth noting that Mike Enos was in the ring when Scott Hall first appeared in the crowd in May 1996, kicking off the biggest angle in WCW history.

Another wrestler in a forgettable stint with a company was Enos' opponent that night. Who was his opponent you ask? Steve Doll, formerly known as Steve Dunn of Well Dunn (non) fame.

How about Techno Team 2000 in WWF '96? Blinked and you missed them.

Speaking of Harvey Wippleman, did he ever manage anyone halfway decent? It seems like he was always stuck with lame gimmicky heels that lasted for two months before disappearing.