TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Most forgettable stint in a promotion

WCCW Tag Champs Matt Borne & Buzz Sawyer beat Steve Simpson & Dingo Warrior via DQ.

Crusher Yurkoff pinned Brian Adias (9:24).

It's funny that the card had both the Ultimate Warrior & Bam Bam Bigelow, but one lost & the other took almost 10 minutes to beat a guy that only had a job because he was friends with the Von Erichs. They were both pretty green at the time, but still ...

Scotty Anton had his brief ECW run fuding with RVD

Robbie Brookside and David Sammartino both had cruiserweight title shots in WCW in 1998

Phantasio turned up in WWF for about 2 weeks before disappearing and Louie Spicolli as Rad Radford didn't set the world alight.

Norman Smiley in TNA

Ernest Miller in WWE

Scott Hall in ECW

I actually attended one of the ECW shows that Scott Hall appeared on in Schenectedy, NY back in late 99/early 00 I believe.

I'm pretty sure his run was only a 3 show stint.

Dames

Steve Armstrong as "Lance Cassidy" in the WWF any one??

Terrific Terry Taylor's 2nd WWF run?

Lance Cassidy was that cowboy gimmick right? I do remember both from early 1993 or so. I believe they went to a 15 minute draw against eachother at one time. I also reckon that was the last match I saw with either of the two. If my memory doesnt fail me I used to think it was a nice little match they had.

On the subject of long gone WWF wrestlers in 1993. Damien Demento wasnt in for that long. He got a jobber squash push and was in the Rumble that year but I believe he dissapeared after that.

I also remember he had a match with the Undertaker back in the early days of RAW that they kinda of hyped up.

Lance Cassidy was that cowboy gimmick right? I do remember both from early 1993 or so. I believe they went to a 15 minute draw against eachother at one time. I also reckon that was the last match I saw with either of the two. If my memory doesnt fail me I used to think it was a nice little match they had.

On the subject of long gone WWF wrestlers in 1993. Damien Demento wasnt in for that long. He got a jobber squash push and was in the Rumble that year but I believe he dissapeared after that.

I also remember he had a match with the Undertaker back in the early days of RAW that they kinda of hyped up.

That was, in fact, the main event of the very first Monday Night Raw.

Demento was actually around for quite a while, debuting in 10/92 at the TV taping where Bret won the title, and then was still around until September 93, jobbing to likes of Razor Ramon or Men on a Mission in tag matches

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Billy Jack Haynes was in the WWF for 1 week in 1984 IIRC

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Buzz Sawyer was another blink and he's gone from 84 IIRC

Guest jm29195
I actually attended one of the ECW shows that Scott Hall appeared on in Schenectedy, NY back in late 99/early 00 I believe.

I'm pretty sure his run was only a 3 show stint.

Dames

Hmm I have two shows that Hall was on, one where he was in the tag main event, and another where he jobbed to Sal E Graziano in the opener and then beat Credible in the main.... I don't recall him doing any other business with ECW though, just that one weekend in Novemberish 2000

Akira Hokuto, the greatest wrestler to ever live, was in WCW and did jack shit aside from winning the truly worthless women's championship. It's quite sad.

As a female wrestler, what more could she do in the company?

Oh, she retired Madusa too (for about 2 years) ... though about 5 people remember that.

Shane being put over Barbarian, who was still seen as a credible (and decent working) midcarder (see: Rumble 91, WM 7) in 1991 is really odd.

It should be said that the Shane Vs Barbarian match that I saw was from an MSG show and probably not shown on regular Prime Time Wrestling, he was probably just getting some ring work as they prepared to debut him on "regular TV" with the Rock Star gimmick and all.

Shane worked against Haku at the Garden, and won, but never faced the Barbarian at MSG.

Shane only worked the Brooklyn Brawler, Haku, Paul Roma, and Dino Bravo at MSG. I think he was injured before the MSG show he was scheduled to work in 95.

Didn't Bravo have like black hair and red trunks/knee pads in that match? He looked like totally different from his "World's Strongest Man" days and more like he did before he joined the WWF

Nick "Big Bully" Busic??

Chris "Conan" Walker ring a bell?

I thought I was the only one who'd remember those guys.

Big Bully Busick was even scheduled to be at Survivor Series 91, but for whatever reason he was replaced by Hercules. I think I saw him a couple of times on Prime Time wrestling, one time jobbing to Kerry Von Erich. He was supposed to have this scary "Heartpunch" finisher. He sucked BIGTIME.

Chris Walker I also remember a couple of times on PTW, he almost pulled the upset on the Warlord. He looked like the Ultimate Warrior but that was about it. I think he only did the C House shows or something.

My favorite Busick moment was seeing him and Wippleman bully around (how apropos) Mike McGuirk when Sid Justice's music hit. Sid came down and beat Busick in a 20sec improptu match after the powerbomb. It was weird that the WWF still had the sack to continue "pushing" Busick for another 2 months before cutting him (or maybe he quit, I dunno). Would have been a perfect way for his run to end.

You know, I never saw Big Bully Busick wrestle.

I remember him being hyped in WWF magazine but never actually saw him. I always he assumed that he sucked, so I didn't think I'd missed anything.

Well they obviously thought a lot of Busick, he lost to the Brooklyn Brawler on TV (sure it was by DQ or count-out, but he still LOST to the Brooklyn Brawler)

^ Yes, without the nickname "Big Bully" Busick, and just as Nick Busick, if my memory serves. Other than that subtle change, though, I think his look & gimmick was spot-on to the one that he used in the WWF.

Which is what always struck me as strange about his signing: he never did anything that impressive pre-WWF, and yet was allowed to still run with the same shtick, where-as most everyone else that they signed was given a craptacular new gimmick.

Haku (AKA Meng) in the WWF in early 2001 when he was still WCW Hardcore champ.

A few more forgettable stints:

Jake Roberts in ECW (1997 or 1998)

Maxx Payne as Man Mountain Rock in WWF (1994 or 95)

Missy Hyatt in WWF late 1980's

Dustin Rhodes in WWF in 1991

Tugboat in WCW wearing a Stormtrooper helmet (1993)

Chris Adams in WCW late 1990's

Ultimate Warrior in WCW 1998

Terry Gordy in WWF in 1996 under a hood as the Executioner

Mike "Virgil" Jones in ECW (I could've sworn I've seen a tape with him VS. Terry Funk from around 1993)

I don't think this counts, but Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins appeared on ECW on TNN once. He was in the ring to "debut a new song" when Corino, Jack Victory, Scotty Anton, and Lou E. Dangerously (Sign Guy Dudley) came out, and Corgan hit Lou in the head with his guitar.

The Shockmaster and Warrior's WCW run are more "wish to forget" than "forgettable" if you ask me.

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but when I saw this topic the very first thing that sprung to mind was Jerry Lynn in the WWF. You'd be surprised at how many fans nowadays have no idea that Lynn actually held a title belt in the Fed.

On the subject of Chris Walker, I do remember him working MSG in late-91. A win over the Brawler IIRC.

Don't know if this was mentioned already, but does anyone remember Jim Neidhart's early '90s run in WCW? I could be imagining it, but I think it must have been around '92 or '93. I think it was between his "New Foundation" tag team with Owen Hart, and then coming back to the WWF to help Owen in his feud with Bret.

Yeah Neidhart in WCW - he had the "Anvilizer" as his finisher, which of course was the Million $ Dream

I always thought it was odd to give a power house brawler a sleeper finisher. I saw him squash jobbers and that was about it I think.

Tugboat in WCW wearing a Stormtrooper helmet (1993)

The Shockmaster? Forgettable? I suppose to casual fans, but it's probably one of the most infamous bad gimmicks of all time.

That was, in fact, the main event of the very first Monday Night Raw.

Yeah it was and what's funny is that they were hyping the match and Undertaker wins it in like a minute or two.