TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Most forgettable stint in a promotion

Guest Stuttsy

Absolutely, Stan Dupp. He didn't seem to really *get* the gimmick, but he still showed a lot of potential and I think he was ultimately a good fit for it.

Brakkus was hyped on RAW in those skits where he spoke German, and challenged The Harts, Austin, Vader, etc. during spring/summer of '97. He was sent to ECW for seasoning during the WWF/ECW angle as Lance Wright's bodyguard (Wright had moved to WWF to be one of the B level announcers, then came back to ECW after that stint ended and was used as a WWF connected heel manager/shitstirrer). That led to the infamous Taz promo at November To Remember '97 when he called Brakkus Lance Wright's "suckboy" and said that "Lance Wright's boyfriend likes to put needles in his ass". Taz/Brakkus was built up and Taz choked him out in quick fashion at an ECW Arena show.

Brakkus wound up on RAW during the Brawl For All, and had one match against one of the Boricuas before vanishing for good. He went back to Canada to the late 90's/early 00's incarnation of Stampede, and hasn't been heard from much since.

They held him off TV quite a while. The guy was working house show matches for the WWF as early as Nov. 96.

Guest CM Punk

Judge Jeff Jones: I am your Judge and I am your Jury And you are fixing to face my executioner

You can say hes a lil bit Psycho and he gonna deal out my brand of Justice in a ViciousManner

I give you THE MAN

sid.jpg

CM Punk (the poster here).

You should know that newcomers and I don't get along. But you're off the hook by referring to Judge Jeff Jones in one of your first two posts. That being said, Sid in ECW wasn't that forgettable.

To be fair, the Tomikaze isn't the same move as the Cop Killa/Kudo Driver/Vertebreaker. It's Christian's Unprettier. One's a powerbomb/piledriver-like move with a reverse double underhook, and the other is a facebuster/flapjack-like move with a reverse double overhook.

Tommy Rogers in WWF during the start of the Lightweight division.

Still marked for the Tomikaze, the tame version of Da Cop Killa/Gringo Kila.

And in the same vein, Tommy Rogers' brief and uneventful run in WCW in early '00 (During the brief period when Kevin Sullivan was booking). IIRC, he only appeared on WCW Saturday Night. He showed up and won two or three matches against guys like Shark Boy and The Villanos and then on one of the last episodes of Saturday Night before it became a recap show, he had a surprisingly competitve (and decent) match with Lash LeRoux that went a good 8-9 minutes. I thought Tommy was going to pull off the minor upset but Lash eventually beat him. Then that was the last I saw of him in that stint.

Speaking of Lash LeRoux, he had two forgettable stints in NWA: TNA, one in 2002, where he basically appeared in the Gauntlet for The Gold match at the first pay per view and second in 2004, where he jobbed a couple of times on Xplosion. I vaugely recall him being in the Gauntlet for the Gold but don't remember his stint in '04 at all.

I can't be the only Lash LeRoux mark on this board. For some reason, I've always liked the guy.

And in the same vein, Tommy Rogers' brief and uneventful run in WCW in early '00 (During the brief period when Kevin Sullivan was booking). IIRC, he only appeared on WCW Saturday Night. He showed up and won two or three matches against guys like Shark Boy and The Villanos and then on one of the last episodes of Saturday Night before it became a recap show, he had a surprisingly competitve (and decent) match with Lash LeRoux that went a good 8-9 minutes. I thought Tommy was going to pull off the minor upset but Lash eventually beat him. Then that was the last I saw of him in that stint.

Speaking of Lash LeRoux, he had two forgettable stints in NWA: TNA, one in 2002, where he basically appeared in the Gauntlet for The Gold match at the first pay per view and second in 2004, where he jobbed a couple of times on Xplosion. I vaugely recall him being in the Gauntlet for the Gold but don't remember his stint in '04 at all.

I can't be the only Lash LeRoux mark on this board. For some reason, I've always liked the guy.

Somewhat unrelated, but you mentioned Gauntlet For Gold and it reminded me: Didn't Abyss make a rare appearance unmasked, as Eric Justice?

No you're not the only one. I liked it when him and Disco were friends/partners against The Mamalukes but, to bad that only lasted like 2 months before they break up.

And I kinda liked him in the MIA to and for awhile his catchphrase was pretty over with the crowd. "Laissez les bon temps rouler!" which means Let the good times roll.

Like a "-lite" version. Granted the Kudo Driver is alot more effective, but it's in the same vein.

Sorta...just in the sense that the Pedigree and the Tiger Driver are in the same vein.

Sabu's WCW stint didn't set the world on fire, though it was WCW in 1995.

Like a "-lite" version. Granted the Kudo Driver is alot more effective, but it's in the same vein.

Sorta...just in the sense that the Pedigree and the Tiger Driver are in the same vein.

Right, as in not the same vein. The Kudo Driver would be more akin to the Tiger Driver 91 and the Pedigree would be more akin to the Tomikaze.

Two neck bumps and two facebusters. I guess some people jsut see things differently. And when I say differently i really mean incorrectly. :D

you're not I always like him too for unkown reasons. I liked it when he used to have a scramble board on the ramp on wcw sat night. I also was excited to find out he was in WCW Mayhem the game (and the on screen life bar actually refers to him as "Ragin' Cajun" . it sucked when he joined the MIA as Corporal Cajun

last I heard of him he was drawing pics for PWI (yes its still around) last issue I got of it was last years awards issue(yes they are still doingn the awards) he drew a great pic of eddie guerrero in a tribute .

I remember reading somewhere, he was doing less wrestling and working more on his art. Good that he has something to fall back on, I guess.

It seems that he got lazy towards the end of WCW. I remember once they "punished" him for getting lazy and out of shape by having him squashed by Rick Steiner on an episode of Nitro in '01. It was just brutal, I don't even think Lash got in an offensive move.

Speaking of forgettable, has anybody mentioned Curt Hennig in TNA?

Looking at the card of the first TNA show, there were a bunch of guys that fit this category; the aforementioned Lash LeRoux and Prince Justice (Aka Abyss sans the mask), Rick Steiner, Gangrel, etc.

How about Emory Hale? He was the king of WCW Saturday Night (He got a Goldberg-esque push on the show towards the end of its run) but I don't remember him ever appearing on Nitro and Thunder. He did second Jimmy Hart in one of his matches against Mancow *shudder* Then he was set to get a monster push in XWF and then XWF folded and he died a couple years later.

How about the Briscos as a tag team in WWE, around 84/85?

Jack quit the company very early on in the run because of the hectic travel schedule. Same reason Barry Windham and Terry Funk left