TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

The overacting in WWE is killing me.

Some of these segments are just awful. Edge, Lita, Angle, Cena, Vince - All of them who over-acted last night and made their respective segment a hundred times worse than it could have been. Watch a Vince promo in 1998 - he's not nearly as over-the-top arrogant as he was last night, and it made the segment seem a hundred times better. Angle is one of the worst over-acters in WWE today. His yelling is just ridiculous. Edge and Lita unnecessarily smiling and smirking is just as bad. The writing may be horrible but this shit isn't helping.

I don't really remember any segments last night with Cena other then his match. But even though I don't like Cena and think he's a terrible wrestler, he's one of WWE's best "actors"

p.s. I thought his match with Shelton last night was pretty good.

I thought some of the best Cena acting was when he had just gotten into the RAW brand, and he crossed HHH's path. The sheer disrespect that Cena "acted" towards HHH was awesome, and the disrespect that HHH showed Cena was great.

Cena, when he is struggling with a promo, start yelling and screaming for no reason than to get a pity reaction from the audience. It looks desperate more than anything else. What I was talking about, though, was in the ring. Cena's facial expressions are so over-the-top it's hilarious. Especially when he walks out from behind the curtain during his entrance. He looks like a tool. WWE needs to hire some guys to teach these guys how to act.

Remember when Vince brought back the nWo, and it looked like his head was going to explode ala "Scanners" at any minute? That was overacting.

Remember when Vince brought back the nWo, and it looked like his head was going to explode ala "Scanners" at any minute? That was overacting.

I'M GONNA KILL IT! I'M GONNA KILL MY CREATION!

To me the funniest thing is that Lita feels she even needs to overract when playing the role of a slut.

She's trying to badly act as a slut to make people think she's really not one since she can't act as something that should come naturally to her. Therefore, Lita is actually a BRILLANT actor!

I'M GONNA KILL IT! I'M GONNA KILL MY CREATION!

I was at that SD taping, and it was fun seeing that on the big screen while half the fans at the North Charleston Colliseum had already left and the other half were

completely indifferent to it..

Why in the hell has this thread gone this far without a mention of Randy Orton?

His overacting exposed him to the fans as far as I'm concerned.

"I am Randy Orton... I am The Legend Killer... Therefore I kill legends... and my name is Randy Orton..."

Does he still repeat himself a lot?

He's THE EVIL MIDNIGHT BOMBER, THAT BOMBS AT MIDNIGHT!

Guest Duke_The_Dog
Especially when he walks out from behind the curtain during his entrance. He looks like a tool.

I won't argue that.

Some one needs to do the Guy Smiley entrance and get lost in the curtain

Orton might be more entertaining that way.

They should just display a giant red X over Orton whenever he is on TV. Also they should have the webmistress of Paul London .com bitching at him for hotlinking frequently with a megaphone Jimmy Hart / Davari style during matches.

Edited by Mada

My memory is foggy, but I don't recall her going crazy until assholes from the board harassed her and posted pictures of her house online.

Or was it the other way around?

"I am Randy Orton... I am The Legend Killer... Therefore I kill legends... and my name is Randy Orton..."

Well, he did hang around with HHH for all that time.

No one in the WWE believes what they're saying except the McMahons and HHH when he gets to bury people on the mic.

No one's allowed to be creative in the current non-stop scripted WWE promos era.

its funny, WWE as well as their apologists bring up other shows in arguments or justifications constantly, like CSI, or more recently 24 ("wtf 24 uses terrorists, why arent u mad at them!?!?" during the hassan shit)... imagine if WWE was actually held to the standards of writing, dialogue, and acting of any hour long drama?

Especially when he walks out from behind the curtain during his entrance. He looks like a tool.

I won't argue that.

Some one needs to do the Guy Smiley entrance and get lost in the curtain

:D

or copy Jericho from 98 wcw during the Goldberg "feud" and get lost backstage and wind up in the parking lot or other places (though that apparantly was a rip off of Spinal Tap from what I have read)

Triple H is not as bad when it comes to repeating himself. Orton is in a league of his own.

Something that Triple H does often, alongside Chris Jericho (who's actually probably even worse at this) is repeating the question when someone is interviewing him.

A: "How do you feel about the main event tonight?"

HHH: "How do I feel about the main event tonight? You want to know what I feel about the main event tonight? I'll tell you what I feel about the main event tonight!"

Um, okay? It's a good thing that he and Jericho usually don't get interviewed by others I suppose.

But Triple H is terrible in the sense that he says the same thing in all his interviews. While he doesn't repeat himself in the exact same words the way Orton does, he still repeats himself in each interview and uses, like, a word different.

Triple H is not as bad when it comes to repeating himself. Orton is in a league of his own.

powerpuffgirlsclone5.jpg

:buttercup: :bubbles: :blossom:

powerpuffgirlsclone5.jpg

:buttercup: :bubbles: :blossom:

Pretty much what I previously posted then :firing:

Orton might be more entertaining that way.

They should just display a giant red X over Orton whenever he is on TV. Also they should have the webmistress of Paul London .com bitching at him for hotlinking frequently with a megaphone Jimmy Hart / Davari style during matches.

AHHH, that was the wrestler's website we did all that stuff to. I was thinking about that the other day.