TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Duke_The_Dog

WON Notes for Dec 27th

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Steffi and Gerwitz pushed for the Tim White gun angle. Kevin Dunn and Bruce Pritchard watched the skit from the arena and thought it was hilarious.

Vince wouldn’t let Beniot etc work the Eddy Tribute show Mexico’s proposed for 12/15, but he did let Crazy and Psicosis wrestle 12/23 vs Crazy Boy and Chuck Palumbo

Personal note: I’m still astounded Japan has a wrestler named Razor Ramon Hard Gay.

Tiger Mask I (Sayama) made a recent comeback.

Daniel Puder and Christy Hemme were talking about doing a radio talk show together. Hemme was sent down to OVW to try to make her quit, then she was told she cost to much and was fired. She offered to take a drastic paycut, and they told her they had nothing for her to do.

Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer) is playing a role in Russo’s Ring of Glory promotion as the heel who tries to convince wrestlers not to give their lives to Christ. Oddly enough there was a ceremony honoring Ron Simmons World title win in WCW on the show as well.

WWE thinks they can sign Samoa Joe whenever they want due to vignettes of him that were shown on Impact that Joe didn’t receive pay for. Joe wants a raise as Sting’s big contract and Nash’s $5000 a show contract are huge compared to his $500 a show contract. Joe invited Gerwitz to ROH to show TNA he’s willing to jump if a raise isn’t made at some point.

Dixie Carter turned down a 20 million $ offer to sell TNA to Morphoplex (Which is nearly how much in debt TNA is right now)

TNA is also talking a great deal about signing Test to a deal.

Charlie Haas is being brought back to the the WWE, Jesus (Carlito’s bodyguard) and Chuck Palumbo are both very close to being resigned as well. Chuck’s resigning interest is due to his bro’s military involvement.

Johnny Ace said Samoa Joe could become the top level heel Rikishi failed to be.

Dave noted Snitsky’s post steroid physical change, which some on here have claimed is not possible yet.

Shawn Micheals book debueted at no 35 on the Best Seller’s list.

Tatanka is set to start working house shows teaming with Shelton.

In a recent interview Vince joked “That people like JBL work hard for years too get in the main events, others just marry the bosses daughter” Big Show laughed.

Regel gave an interview: On Eddy "I wish I could be like other people, but I don’t have faith. Everyone is saying “He’s in a better place” A better place to me seems like he’d be here with his kids and for me to still be able to talk to him daily"

Eugene is out of rehab

Tajiri wants to work Mexico starting in February

JBL and Orton are tormenting Juvi. Juvi complained that he wanted his non English speaking girlfriend to come out at a recent SD! Taping. The agents told him no. He pouted a lot about his title loss as well. Psicosis and Crazy want to split up from him on air.

Kendrik and London are working an Avatar gimmick.

Trish Stratus just turned 30 (uh oh) and Lawler spanked her for it on a house show.

Edited by Duke_The_Dog

I'm loving the weekly Juventud drama.

Samoa Joe better not fall for the sudden "love", he's getting from WWE because they just want to sucker him into signing with them.

Guest Fook
Steffi and Gerwitz pushed for the Tim White gun angle. Kevin Dunn and Bruce Pritchard watched the skit from the arena and thought it was hilarious.

Well of course they did - they're retarded.

Charlie Haas is being brought back to the the WWE, Jesus (Carlito’s bodyguard) and Chuck Palumbo are both very close to being resigned as well. Chuck’s resigning interest is due to his bro’s military involvement.

They never should have let Haas go. I never cared for the other two.

Tatanka is set to start working house shows teaming with Shelton.

Poor Shelton.

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Is tatanka Shelton's cell phone buddy?

Shelton can wear a head dress and put down the white man for stealing his land.

I was reading some of this on DVDVR's message boards until it went kaput. Is it dead for anyone else?

In a recent interview Vince joked “That people like JBL work hard for years too get in the main events, others just marry the bosses daughter” Big Show laughed.

:D

Kendrik and London are working an Avatar gimmick

Well, as long as it gets them on TV.... :(

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Matt Striker was the voice of Ric Flair in the “Conan O’Brien” style sketch with Edge last night on Raw.

The backstage shot of Shelton Benjamin on the phone last night was the set up for his “mother” to debut.

John Cena © vs. Kurt Angle was announced for next Monday’s Raw. The match will be a first blood match.

The Outcast Killaz were given a tryout last evening before Raw, and may get one before Smackdown as well. The Outcast Killaz have worked for Ring of Honor and JAPW in the past as well as many other Independents.

Xavier was also backstage last night. He and The Outcast Killaz were used as security in the Cena/Angle pull apart. Xavier has been used in this role in the past.

Mike the Miz and Chris Cage will debut as a team against Gene Snitsky and Tyson Tomko on the RAW shows this week as well.

- Aaron Stevens will debut his Idol Stevens gimmick on the Smackdown shows this week against Matt Hardy.

- Jamie Noble will also return to the road this week on Smackdown shows.

- The Team Spirit gimmick that will feature Ken Doane and other new talents is apparently Vince McMahon's idea. Elijah Burke was going to be part of the group but asked management to remove him from the idea in favor of something else down the line. Mike Mondo could take his spot.

- There isn't any talk of bringing Charlie Haas back right now. He left WWE on very bad terms with writer Dave Lagana.

Credit: PWInsider.com

WWE is selling that Big Show broke his hand on RAW last night due to Triple H's attack.

- Terry Funk appears in a few scenes in the new movie "The Ringer." He does not speak and plays a thug.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Gaint Silva will be doing MMA in Japan on jan 1st

He's 44 and just getting Freak show pay

Giant_Silva2_profile.JPG

Guest JMA
Regal gave an interview: On Eddy "I wish I could be like other people, but I don’t have faith. Everyone is saying “He’s in a better place” A better place to me seems like he’d be here with his kids and for me to still be able to talk to him daily."

I respect the fact that Regal is willing to say exactly how he feels. I agree with him, too.

What the hell is avatar gimmick?

During the summer of 1995, the World Wrestling Federation signed Al Snow to join its ranks. Snow, a veteran of over a decade, had been turning heads in the now-defunct Smoky Mountain Wrestling, and was about to be given his first shot at the "big-time."

Fearing that the name "Al Snow" wouldn't capture the imaginations of Federation fans, Al was re-christened "Avatar." Basically, he would be a human version of the Milton Bradley Karate Fighters. He walked to the ring slowly and methodically, put on his green-and-yellow mask, wrestled, and then took his mask off and left. Sound confusing? It was. And by all accounts, Snow hated it. He had finally risen to the ranks of the greatest company in the industry, and was saddled with a hugely unsuccessful character.

Source: this page here.

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Spanky and london are the opposite. they run to the ring in masks, take them off and wrestle.

DVD MB had a pic up days ago. I'll try to find it.

Guest Jack Potts

Looking into my crystal ball, I can see Samoa Joe's future if he decides to jump to the WWE. What do you see, oh magic crystal ball?

Well, it says we can say goodbye to the Musclebuster finisher, everything interesting in his offense, and his Silent Tough Guy gimmick. (Just ask the guy in my avatar.)

Instead, McMahon will latch onto the Samoan dance routine Joe performed during his entrance for the recent TNA PPV, give Joe a grass skirt and make him a dancing/comedy wrestler. His first feud in the WWE will be with The Boogeyman, but the blow-off match will end in a DQ when Vince decides to debut Samoa Joe's grossly overweight Polynesian "wife," whose gimmick name will undoubtedly be a rib-tickling scatalogical pun.

Palumbo, baby! Now, go grab Stamboli, turf Vito, and reform the Nuzio/Chuck/Johnny FBI.

But why bring back Aaron Aguilera (Jesus)? Dude was terrible.

Suicide is painless...and hilarious! Why does nothing there shock me?

Guest Fook
Charlie Haas is being brought back to the the WWE, Jesus (Carlito’s bodyguard) and Chuck Palumbo are both very close to being resigned as well.

- There isn't any talk of bringing Charlie Haas back right now. He left WWE on very bad terms with writer Dave Lagana.

So, uh, which is it?

By the way, thanks to Duke for posting all this each week.

Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer) is playing a role in Russo’s Ring of Glory promotion as the heel who tries to convince wrestlers not to give their lives to Christ.

I can only imagine what other types of heel gimmicks that promotion has.

Dixie Carter turned down a 20 million $ offer to sell TNA to Morphoplex (Which is nearly how much in debt TNA is right now)

Can you imagine how bad a wrestling promotion owned by a "fitness" product would be?

Guest Rubin

I actually do think that in the long run people in TNA will be jumping to WWE if TNA keeps up with this mentality of wanting to give the biggest pushes and paydays to anybody hot off of exiting WWE or any unsigned talent with WWF/E/WCW/ECW pasts. Some of the workers may thin that the only way to make the big money and be guaranteed top spots in non-WWE promotions is by spending some time in WWE. However, I doubt that Samoa Joe will be the one to leave cause he's a big mark.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

TNA is also talking a great deal about signing Test to a deal.

No good can come of this. WWE will resign him out of spite and stick him on SD!