TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Has anyone ever watched one of those Bulls dynasty, Celtic dynasty or Laker dynasty DVD boxsets?

Late in replying to this, but yes, I did, I have all five (76ers and Knicks are the others). Quite good stuff, especially the Celtics and Lakers ones (the Celtics one has the full Celtics-Suns Game 5 that went into triple overtime).

I agree with this as I have all 5 as well. I'm wondering when there will be new releases with other teams.

Hard to say, since I'm not sure how well the last couple sold. I'm assuming the Lakers and Celtics ones sold well just because of the history of those franchises, and the Bulls one because a lot of the generation that followed their great teams would be interested and have the funding to purchase the set. The Knicks and Sixers are different stories, though, since neither team had the same appeal as above.

I'm honestly shocked the Pistons didn't get one yet. I think it would sell better than Knicks and Sixers, because of their recent success, and also because the Thomas-Laimbeer-led teams weren't that long ago (much like the Bulls teams). Today's fans remember those teams more than the Walt Frazier-led Knicks, for example.

Well the other day at a Super WalMart they had a DVD collection of 5 of the greatest Indiana Pacers games for sale.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21431188-2,00.html

'Bone broken in Woolmer's neck'

From correspondents in Kingston, Jamaica

March 22, 2007 10:38pm

* Unconfirmed report suggests strangulation

* Officer claims bone in face also broken

* Second opinion sought on autopsy

PAKISTAN'S World Cup coach Bob Woolmer may have been strangled to death, two Jamaican newspapers reported today quoting unnamed police sources.

The Jamaica Gleaner said a "high-ranking police officer" had confirmed that fresh evidence has surfaced which suggested that Woolmer was strangled in his room at the Jamaica Pegasus hotel between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

According to the police officer, the 58-year-old Woolmer was found half naked in his room, partially wrapped in a towel, the newspaper said. He was lying in a pool of blood, vomit and faeces.

Pictures of his body appear to show cuts to his ear and eyebrow.

"A bone in the neck, near the glands, was broken, and this suggests that somebody might have put some pressure on it," the officer told the newspaper.

"We are now treating this as a homicide."

The Jamaica Observer also quoted unnamed sources close to the investigation as saying that bones in the lower part of Woolmer's face were broken, suggesting he had been strangled.

Woolmer died in hospital on Sunday after being found unconscious in his hotel room a day after Pakistan were knocked out of the World Cup following a shock defeat by minnows Ireland.

Assistant Commissioner of Police Owen Ellington, head of World Cup security, however refused to confirm rumours of strangulation, the Gleaner said.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Mark Shields had said on Tuesday that an autopsy conducted on Woolmer's body by a government pathologist proved inconclusive as to the cause of death which was being treated as "suspicious."

Shields said the police were awaiting the results of the toxicology and histology analysis from Woolmer's tissue sample.

Yesterday night, a press release from the Jamaica Constabulary Force director of communications, Karl Angell, said a second opinion was being sought on the autopsy.

"Following consultations today involving representatives from the Government of Jamaica and the police, a decision was taken to seek the opinion of a second pathologist," the release said.

Detectives also reviewed tapes from closed-circuit cameras at the hotel, which could give them clues as to who entered Woolmer's room during the period in question.

The Gleaner reported that members of the Pakistan team were interviewed on yesterday by the police.

"It is now unclear whether the team will be allowed to leave on Saturday as initially scheduled," the paper said.

Pakistan, who were knocked out of the tournament after losing to the West Indies and Ireland, defeated Zimbabwe in their last group D match at the Sabina Park yesterday.

And we think North American sports have crazed fans.

This brings back memories of the Colombian soccer player who was executed following the 1994 World Cup after he scored an own-goal to knock Colombia out.

I'll leave the SNL review to Bob Barron but the "United Way" sketch from last night one of the funniest skits I have EVER seen.

So many great lines.

"I'd kill a snitch. I'm not saying I have. I'm not saying I haven't. You know what I'm saying? Whatever. You kids don't know shit."

Didn't know Peyton Manning had that in him.

Peyton was awesome on SNL last night. I especially liked the coffee on the porch sketch, Forte as the basketball coach and "Mitch, throw the boulder!!!"

United Way was the best though

"Wanna go to my mansion?"

Kids: YAY!!!

"I'm just fucking with you".

Not really a surprise, he's been mocking himself for years and is good at comedy. All he needs to do is knock up a couple models and he's got Brady beat.

I'm finding myself missing the Boston channels on my former cable system (currently, I get the Detroit channels), just because I have a perverse desire to watch the Boston Marathon possibly be run in the snow tomorrow.

I'm finding myself missing the Boston channels on my former cable system (currently, I get the Detroit channels), just because I have a perverse desire to watch the Boston Marathon possibly be run in the snow tomorrow.

Clearly the Boston Marathon needs to be run in a warmer climate so this never happens again.

It's going to be all rain, but it'll still be fun to see tens of thousands of runners stampede through giant puddles like a herd of buffalo. Wonder if anyone has been unable to finish a marathon because of drowning?

Guest Vitamin X

And it's not an easy qualifier too, it's something of a bragging point in the marathon world to be able to say you qualified and ran in Boston. Which is going to make the marathon just that more special tomorrow.

Marathoners are a bunch of crazy bastards. This'll make them want to do it more, not less.

You'll be disappointed. The shots were incredibly lame, reminds me of what every female sports star gets when she poses nude. If you like looking at her rear, you have some good ones though.

But lots of shadowy pics, couple black and whites, and the rest are just tame nudity. As expected, Playboy tried to be artistic.

why the fuck are the angels sucking dick so bad. they lost 5 of their last 7 after winning 8 of their last 10 before that.

Guess there won't be any Leena coverage of Wimbledon. It's been pretty crazy so far.