TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Comments that don't warrant a thread

And Serena Williams buries her sport again.

If you're at "40, maybe 50%", then what the fuck are you doing on the court, you stupid bitch? What's with these stupid female athletes who get hurt, play horribly, then whine about how bad they're hurt and act like it took an act of fucking God for them to lose...only to be seen playing again as soon as the next tournament rolls around to repeat the process?

I'd wish for them to get hit by a bus, but then they'd just roll out in a wheelchair, complain about how there's no cripple division in their sport, and proceed to win a dozen major tournaments by default while they sit there and wave their money-counting hands and smiling that attention-seeker smile that they apparently failed to lose upon turning 11.

I was watching the Angels game a week back, and some toddler got hit in the face with a foul ball.

Awesome.

Guest Vitamin X
Fox Sports broadcaster Bill Maas arrested on drugs, weapons charges

July 8, 2007

PEORIA, Ill. (AP) -- Former NFL player and Fox Sports broadcaster Bill Maas was charged with drug possession and weapons charges following a roadside safety check.

The 45-year-old Maas and a passenger in his Hummer, Sarah J. Murphy, 27, were arrested late Friday by Illinois State Police. During the stop, police indicated Maas seemed nervous, and he agreed to a search of his vehicle.

Police found a .22-caliber revolver, 5 grams of suspected marijuana, 6 grams of suspected cocaine and 28 pills of Ecstasy. Maas and Murphy were charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana. Maas was also booked on a charge of unlawful use of a weapon.

"We didn't recognize him until about 5 p.m. this afternoon," Trooper Tony Halsey told the Journal Star of Peoria on Saturday.

Halsey said he had no idea why Maas and Murphy, both residents of Lee's Summit, Mo., were in the area.

They were taken to the Tazewell County Jail in Illinois and will appear for a bond hearing Sunday before a county circuit court judge.

Maas was drafted from the University of Pittsburgh by the Kansas City Chiefs in 1984, and was the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year. He was a two-time All-Pro selection. He played with the Chiefs until 1992 and joined the Green Bay Packers the following year.

Maas joined Fox in 1996. From 1998-01, he served as studio anchor and game analyst for NFL games. Last season he reported games for the network.

lolz

Hey, Mets fans. Sell me on the Picnic Area of Shea Stadium. I'm being offered tickets, don't really know much about it.

Hey, Mets fans. Sell me on the Picnic Area of Shea Stadium. I'm being offered tickets, don't really know much about it.

Its a sweet deal. Two tents plus an underneath the bleachers area called "Long Ball Alley" with a bar (not a working bar, just a place you can stand, relax and enjoy the game) and concessions that you can peek out and watch the game if it gets too hot for you out there.

Plus you have access to the main stadium which you don't have at Yankee Stadium.

Sadly I was there for a game that never got started, but I'd say its like any other outfield bleachers spot. About 400 feet away but a great view.

You will also get a very dramatic look at Citi Field as it is going up, very impressive.

Overall its a nice place to chill and watch a ballgame.

One day, i am going to lose my grip on reality and have a psycho moment and murder someone for using the phrase "race card". I am SO sick of seeing that shit that I have a grip on reality right now and want to hunt down everyone on the espn comment section of the McNabb story by their ip address and kill them all.

I'm probably going to be laughed off the boards for this (not like it would be the first time), but I have a serious question about recruiting in college sports. How do you recruit successfully without breaking all the rules that the NCAA has? Now, I'm a novice when it comes to college sports, but I know a little bit about human nature.

If I'm an 18-year-old guy who knows he's very good at what he does, and can go to any college he wants, what do I want?

1) free stuff

2) women

3) the chance to be seen on sportscenter

4) money

5) warm weather

Call me a cynic and I know not every recruit would think this way, but how do you wow an 18-year-old without breaking the rules? I honestly don't know.

Of course, you do read about colleges getting caught recruiting illegally and kids taking stuff they're not supposed to. But does it happen a lot more?

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Of course it does. Think of all the people who steal music and don't get caught, or all of the people who cheat on their taxes and don't get caught. Just apply that to recruiting.

Which school was it that that prostituted its girls to prospective athletes? Was that Colorado?

Guest Gym Class Fallout

That's like the seediest shit ever. Like, how do you even let that school play sports after that?

So Bonds' ball gets an asterisk. Nothing like defacing a historical piece of memorabilia to prove a point like a bunch of petty crybabies. What's next, they mail back Barry Bonds all of his love letters? Leave a bag of dog crap on his door step and light it?

For me, it's the last home run he hits that would mean the most. I agree that it serves zero purpose other then to satisfy some pretentious attention seeking blowhard.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

This is my favorite for the year. College coaches are a special kind of douchebag. The other one I want to get a clip of is the Colorado football coach who does a heel turn. He's like "well, you know, there's really not much you can do...IT'S DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL!!!"

EDIT:

oh, there it is.

Czech, I can't see YouTube on my work PC...is that the one with the guy screaming "IT'S DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL! IT'S THE BIG TWELVE! IT AIN'T INTERMURALS! YOU GET 4 WEEKS OFF! Go play intermurals, brother."

Rome plays that clip NONSTOP

"PLAYOFFS?" still rules, simply because of Mora's facial expressions. Classic!

Next is "Practice???", only because Iverson had to set some sort of record for how many times a word is repeated in one rant.

So...how about the U.S. women's soccer coach blowing it by switching goalies? It was pretty funny watching Hope Solo throw her coach and teammate under the bus after the game.

Although, judging by the way the game went, it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Czech, I can't see YouTube on my work PC...is that the one with the guy screaming "IT'S DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL! IT'S THE BIG TWELVE! IT AIN'T INTERMURALS! YOU GET 4 WEEKS OFF! Go play intermurals, brother."

Yes it is, and thanks for pointing out that he's yet another idiot who cannot pronounce "intramurals," when actually, yes, division one football is intermural.