TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Comments that don't warrant a thread

So I'm watching the AAFL Draft right now...

The "Team Texas" jersey's are fucking god awful. White jersey.. what appears to be a grey shoulder area in between burnt orange trim on the neckline and arms with maroon lettering and numbering.

Oh, we also just selected Eric Crouch as our first pick. 3rd overall.

We're doomed.

I see Chris Leak didn't get drafted until the 6th round. Ouch.

Draft Results

Fun to pick out random names from the past like Tee Martin, Chris Doering, and Kliff Kingsbury but I'll be damned if I recognize even 2% of these players. This league has no chance.

And now I see Peter Warrick, picked in the 7th Round!

Ryan Moore from Miami's on there too. I remember Lee Corso saying during a Miami/LaTech game that opened the season one year that Moore was one of the best HS players he'd ever seen.

We'll leave it at that. Antonio Perkins of OU fame is there too. I looked around just for the hell of it, and USC is the only big program with nobody on there. I recognized way more people than I probably should have.

He Hate Me, a steal in round 36.

And for anybody keeping tabs, the AAFL's first Mr. Irrelevant is Pedro Holiday, a receiver out of Middle Tennesee State University.

I'll keep an eye on the league only to see Leak and Crouch. That sounds absolutely filthy no matter how I word it, so I'm going to just leave it at that. I always thought they could've been good NFL quarterbacks, so it'll be interesting to see them lead their teams to glory against a bunch of nobodies.

EDIT: Oddly enough, Mike Furrey of Detroit Lions "I'm Wes Welker Jr.!" fame was a last-round selection in the XFL, so who knows, maybe some of these nobodies will turn out to be somebodies.

The names I recognize besides the ones already mentioned include some random Michigan players (Jeremy LeSeur, Willis Barringer, Darnell Hood, Adam Stenavich, and Garrett Rivas), MSU's Sean Poole and Kyle Rasmussen (both local guys, saw the former play in high school), Clint Stoerner, Marcus Randall (QB before JaMarcus), Bryan Randall (#2 overall, QB at before Marcus Vick), B.J. Symons and Woody Dantzler.

Barbaro's getting a statue at Churchill Downs. Well deserved, I say. People loved that horse, and they raked in millions of dollars in laminitis research funding thanks to him & his sacrifice. Unfortunately no progress was made on the selective breeding of horses that make them susceptible to the leg-shattering injuries that usually lead to death in the first place, but what can you do?

If B=j and you move all the consonants one down, and all the vowels one vowel down, Barbaro = JesJesu, which sounds like someone stuttering as they say Jesus. I rest my case.

http://iamthebestintheworldatnhl94.blogspot.com/

My parents had HBO at their house when I was younger, and I'd stay up late to try to catch Real Sex or something like that, which always turned out to be disappointing because it was always like weird hippies or old dudes.

Some of the comments are good, too. Like the one guy bragging about scoring 10 goals with Bill Berg.

http://iamthebestintheworldatnhl94.blogspot.com/

My parents had HBO at their house when I was younger, and I'd stay up late to try to catch Real Sex or something like that, which always turned out to be disappointing because it was always like weird hippies or old dudes.

Some of the comments are good, too. Like the one guy bragging about scoring 10 goals with Bill Berg.

Good find treble. This is some funny shit right here.

Guest Vitamin X
When asked how he felt, Kevin replied, "Obviously, I'm Hart-broken."

This made me LOL.

Ladies and gentleman, meet the genius behind Ken Tremendous.

http://imdb.com/name/nm1321658/

Holy shit. I didn't think it was possible to like the guy any more than I already do, but wow.

Ken Tremendous is married to JJ Philbin? HOLY SHIT! WHAT THE FUCK? I can't believe this shit. They must have met on SNL when they were both writers. With Ken being an exec producer on the Office and JJ an exec producer on Heroes they have to be bringing in some serious coin.

And Ken being on SNL explains the Seth Myers cameo on the site a few years ago (both are Red Sox fans also)

Who the fuck knew that when Ken was talking about his wedding on the site a few years and Regis was talking about his daughter getting married they were talking about the same thing.

I really can't believe this shit.

The best part of the video: "Well, I have. But I'd like not to recall it."

Did the PBP guy previously kill a hooker or what?

There was a goalie for the Sabres a while back who took a skate to the throat, too.

Amazingly, after receiving more than 300 stitches to close the wound, Malarchuk returned to practice four days later, having spent only one night in the hospital. And about a week after that, he was back between the pipes against the Quebec Nordiques. "Doctors told me to take the rest of the year off, but there was no way", Malarchuk said. "The longer you wait, the harder it's going to be. I play for keeps."

The best part of the video: "Well, I have. But I'd like not to recall it."

Did the PBP guy previously kill a hooker or what?

The idea of Rick Jeanneret killing a hooker greatly amuses me.