TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Comments that don't warrant a thread

More steroid hearings today. I want to make a couple quick points.

1. Much of this blasting of professional sport leagues is to do with the Mitchell Report and various internet pharmacy busts leaking out. Most of these involved situations dating back two or three years. It is new information, but it did not happen recently.

2. There is still no reliable test for HGH. How can you blast professional sports for something they can not detect at any level?

3. Is it even constitutional for the government to enact drug testing for professional sports?

I've grown real uncomfortable with some of the reporting on the steroid issue. It's gotten to the point where people are literally lusting for the blood of professional athletes. They're entertainers. Sports are not wholesome and pure, and they never were.

Steroids was an issue that I cared about moderately until it was beaten into the ground from every angle. By the time we got to multiple Congressional hearings and Clemens parading around like a buffoon, I realized that I had gained the ability to block out the entire discussion. I just don't care anymore.

Test the athletes for what you can, suspend them when they get caught and move on. I don't think there's anything more we can discuss about the past given the findings of the Mitchell Report. We all know that the previous era was tainted; let's not drag it into this one.

I love uncomfortable pauses.

Hah! Completely stonewalled.

Regarding the steroids, I'm with those who are starting to feel uncomfortable with the hunt - the media is going wild on it, and that's fine I suppose. I imagine there are people who feel like it's their job to "fix" the problem because they feel like they were steroid cheerleaders during the home run chases, but... I don't know, it feels like too much.

As far as our government is concerned, I'd love to see them spend some time on things that matter. I'm angry with the ferocity of the chase, and suspicious of the tendency to go after big names. I don't like that so much time and energy is spent on the problem, when there are innumerable problems that are far more pressing and ponderous. I don't want my politicians reverse star-fucking. Pisses me off.

Guest Vitamin X

Much like my observation last night in the election thread, more fun with AP press release typos..

Link

Just as adding Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen is one of the best things to occur in Boston in years. The Celtics became the first postseason qualifier when they beat Detroit 909-78 behind a season-high 31 points from Garnett.

Wow.

Yeah, all the Canadian races are off except maybe the one in Edmonton, thanks to scheduling conflicts with the two circuits merging.

Tony George can burn in hell for destroying open-wheel racing in North America.

Much like my observation last night in the election thread, more fun with AP press release typos..

Link

Just as adding Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen is one of the best things to occur in Boston in years. The Celtics became the first postseason qualifier when they beat Detroit 909-78 behind a season-high 31 points from Garnett.

Wow.

That sucks. He could only drop 31 out of 909 points? I mean, come on. Step it up KG.

Thoughts on competitive long-driving anyone?

I'll watch if I happen to see it on but I don't know...it seems like it takes itself way too seriously (especially when you watch the ESPN pieces on some of the contestants).

Cool as a lark, not something I follow. Entertaining to watch for a little bit, but it's all pretty well the same. One of the reasons I like golf on television is different strategy to each course by each player ("horses for courses"), along the same lines of different ballparks in baseball.

Speaking of golf and baseball comparisons:

Tripp Isenhour pulls a Dave Winfield.

Cool as a lark, not something I follow. Entertaining to watch for a little bit, but it's all pretty well the same. One of the reasons I like golf on television is different strategy to each course by each player ("horses for courses"), along the same lines of different ballparks in baseball.

Speaking of golf and baseball comparisons:

Tripp Isenhour pulls a Dave Winfield.

After Tripp hit the Hawk, he won a Toyata Tundra

Interview with Ken Tremendous/Mose Schrute/Michael Schur... whatever you want to call him

Interesting interview with Ken Tremendous from Firejoemorgan.com. Ken reflects on the popularity of the blog, stats versus scouts, what writers really think of him and the evoluation of Mose Schrute. Fun stuff.

Sports Illustrated launched the SI Vault which has scanned copies of every issue of Sports Illustrated...ever. The magazine is no longer relevant but I see I will be wasting several hours looking through old issues.

Edit: Err scratch that, it has articles to every issue but only select issues have fully scanned copies. Oh well.

Guest Smues

My Tivo decided that I would like it to record the NFL Network's showing of the tuck rule game. Fuck you Tivo. and Fuck you too NFL Network. And Fuck Tom Brady just because.

So I guess Danica Patrick avoided Anna Kournikova/Michelle Wie status by finally winning an Indy Car race this weekend, huh?

Guest blame that goot.

She looks like a troll. Not attractive unless you really get turned on by females operating vehicles.

On ESPN E:60, Bill Simmons is doing a segment from Bismarck, ND. Not sure why he is in my home state for a segment of the show though. Only thing my friends and I have come up with is the Dakota Wizards of the NBDL league. Other then that, we got nothing.

I don't know racing all THAT well, but why is it a good thing to have finally won 1 race out of 50 tries? Besides the fact you finally won a race, but I mean wouldn't her career be considered a disappointment up to this point?

I guess I have a weird taste in women. I think Danica Patrick is hot, but I don't find Wie or Kournikova all that good looking. I was never attracted to Asians and I don't really like blondes either.