TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I don't know racing all THAT well, but why is it a good thing to have finally won 1 race out of 50 tries? Besides the fact you finally won a race, but I mean wouldn't her career be considered a disappointment up to this point?

Because a race isn't a one-on-one contest, so it is harder to win on a regular basis. She's overhyped as far as talent, but it's not like she is undeserving of a spot in the circuit. Frankly, her presence is good for IndyCar racing.

I don't know racing all THAT well, but why is it a good thing to have finally won 1 race out of 50 tries? Besides the fact you finally won a race, but I mean wouldn't her career be considered a disappointment up to this point?

1) She's a girl.

2) She had a respectable start to her career, and did well in her first Indy 500 (I believe she finished fourth and led a lap or two along the way) so everybody just assumed she'd be dominating by now.

3) She is/was the only person in the IRL that had any sort of marketing at all.

Therefore, it's good for the IRL for her to win. They don't have any sort of advertising for anybody else (name me some IRL drivers that didn't switch to NASCAR.), so Danica winning is a lock to get IRL on every sports newscast in the nation for at least one night.

The IRL is stupid anyway, the cars are too fragile for the American hick (the top auto racing fanbase) to bother watching. NASCAR cars and pretty much every other car on the planet can just take a side-to-side scrape and keep on going (so long as you don't cut a tire down), but you have two open-wheel cars bump side-to-side and the cars fucking explode into a million pieces.

Guest blame that goot.
name me some IRL drivers that didn't switch to NASCAR

Tony Kanaan and Helio Castroneves

In other news, I have this basketball class I'm taking in the morning this semester, and it kinda blows for one pretty big reason- we've got guys from our Div. I basketball team in there, probably just taking it to make up some bullshit credit. Now, I'm definitely not a tall guy at all, but I can play against taller guys without much of an issue (point: I took a layup inside the other day-- most people are scared of going inside for some reason, fucking pansies-- and I got called for charging against some dude who's 6'3", 250-270 lbs. WTF! That's what happens when you get a rugby player playing basketball I guess..) but these guys are just sick. They're both at least 6'6", and can dunk and shoot from the outside. For reference, the Portland State men's b-ball team made it to March Madness this year for the first time and their only game was a small loss to eventual champion Kansas. That shit just isn't right at all.

Begs the question of... why YOU are taking it then, if not for the same reason?

Guest Vitamin X

a. to get myself back into shape after having a couple nasty injuries that cut my season short at the end of the year last year

b. to make up full-time status

c. I'm not a collegiate basketball player, so it'd be nice to play against some people who aren't as well.

You're awful ornery today, Porter. Everything going alright?

I guess I have a weird taste in women. I think Danica Patrick is hot, but I don't find Wie or Kournikova all that good looking. I was never attracted to teenagers and I don't really like blondes either.

Fixed.

a. to get myself back into shape after having a couple nasty injuries that cut my season short at the end of the year last year

b. to make up full-time status

c. I'm not a collegiate basketball player, so it'd be nice to play against some people who aren't as well.

You're awful ornery today, Porter. Everything going alright?

Sorry. It's not meant to come off that way. I've been in a bad mood since pretty much the NFL draft, but nothing that I can't handle. Thanks for asking, VX.

The woman on ESPN Deportes :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

They need to cut to her more often. I'd like to know how she feels about the Pistons rebounding and winning in 6, or the Rangers surviving a little longer against the Penguins.

Theres a topic coming up on PTI called "Horse Sex"

It's either about Catherine the Great or The Kentucky Derby

And FUCK ESPN Deportes. They cut away to a different anchor, when their normal anchor could deliver the news... and the anchor they cut away to speaks English, but does so in a heavy spanish accent. It isn't even in spanish. Why!?

Seeing how shitty it was...

I decided to massively update the Run & Shoot Wikipedia page.

I included

- Names of Positions

- Motion Names

- Names of Routes

- Playbook Designations

- List of colleges/pro teams that utilized the Run & Shoot

- External Links to videos and playbooks

Anyone ever read any books on, or see anything about, Ben Hogan? (And by anyone, I mean the four-ish people beside me here who follow golf.) My piece-readings of him have given me mixed opinions - either way, I've become very interested in his life. On the one hand, he was, by all accounts, a prick. On the other hand, the way he reacted during his '49 car crash should negate that. And even without looking at his personal character, there's plenty of interesting stories about him: his father's suicide when he was 11, the car-jacking in his 30's, a .1000 winning percentage at the Open, a sort-of rivalry with Snead and Nelson, reverence from nearly every great golfer and writer ever, and 'The Swing' secrets.

I'm fascinated by all these details, but I still don't know how I feel about him altogether,

So I was at happy hour at my favorite bar here in Huntington and Ahmad Bradshaw came in. Several people were hanging off his nuts and making a big deal about it, but I could give a shit less. I knew him before he made it to the NFL. He was a fuckstick then, and he is no doubt just a fuckstick with money now.

So I was at happy hour at my favorite bar here in Huntington and Ahmad Bradshaw came in. Several people were hanging off his nuts and making a big deal about it, but I could give a shit less. I knew him before he made it to the NFL. He was a fuckstick then, and he is no doubt just a fuckstick with money now.

A couple of years ago I was in Grand Forks and Brooks Bollinger was home visiting and happened to come to the same bar we were hanging at. Guy was a complete asshole to everyone there.

Is there really any point to the U.S. women's softball team playing all these random college teams seemingly everyday? These games are constantly on ESPN2.

Guest Desensitized

Why are softball players so mannish? Tennis and volleyball require strength too, but most of them retain a considerable degree of femininity. Softball players seem kind of thick but without hips. This is from high school on up.

Not that anybody besides me gives a shit about horse racing, but no horse is winning the Triple Crown until they stop breeding them for pure speed and fragile ankles. Horses are faster, undoubtedly, but they can't hold up for three races in that length of time.

Why are softball players so mannish? Tennis and volleyball require strength too, but most of them retain a considerable degree of femininity. Softball players seem kind of thick but without hips. This is from high school on up.

I think you could also ask why male vollyball and tennis players are far less puddgy than the typical baseball player.

I'm a stick figure, and I have no real strenght issues when playing vollyboy.

Guest Smues

Holy shit did Big Brown smoke the field after the last turn. I think I blinked and he went from fighting for 1st in the corner to winning by a mile. I always like when we have a chance for a triple crown winner.

You could easily tell at the halfway point of the race that Big Brown was just cozying along before he wanted to make his move at 3/4ths. I don't really know if there is a horse out there that's going to beat him but the distance of the Belmont will be the test.