TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Comments that don't warrant a thread

So I was talking with my brother who apparently met and had a conversation with current Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin. Now, according to my brother, Mike told him that the reason why Cowher resigned from his position was because he was screwing his personal assistant, his wife found out and told him she was leaving for North Carolina abd you can come with your family or you can stay with her.

I find it very hard to believe that Mike would admit to a perfect stranger what "really" happened behind closed doors. Has anyone heard anything like that?

Hey, has anyone else heard of the A-11 offense? It looks basically like a fake punt being run every play. Pretty crazy stuff, wonder how long it'll last or how far it'll go.

On another note, forgot to mention the new ESPN.com homepage...thoughts anyone?

So I was talking with my brother who apparently met and had a conversation with current Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin. Now, according to my brother, Mike told him that the reason why Cowher resigned from his position was because he was screwing his personal assistant, his wife found out and told him she was leaving for North Carolina abd you can come with your family or you can stay with her.

I find it very hard to believe that Mike would admit to a perfect stranger what "really" happened behind closed doors. Has anyone heard anything like that?

Was it at a bar and Mike Tomlin had one too many in him? Otherwise I am calling bullshit and you gullible.

So women's college b-ball #1 UConn demolished #2 UNC by 30 yesterday. I mean Jesus, talk about a top-heavy sport. It's pretty much Tennessee/UConn (won 10 out of the last 14 championships) and everyone else.

Was it at a bar and Mike Tomlin had one too many in him? Otherwise I am calling bullshit and you gullible.

I don't usually believe a single word my brother says.

So women's college b-ball #1 UConn demolished #2 UNC by 30 yesterday. I mean Jesus, talk about a top-heavy sport. It's pretty much Tennessee/UConn (won 10 out of the last 14 championships) and everyone else.

Hey, Maryland had a good run in there!

But yeah, it's ridiculous. I think UT isn't as good this year, though. Vandy destroyed them last week.

Hey, has anyone else heard of the A-11 offense? It looks basically like a fake punt being run every play. Pretty crazy stuff, wonder how long it'll last or how far it'll go.

On another note, forgot to mention the new ESPN.com homepage...thoughts anyone?

That offense just looks like an overly gimmicked spread. I'm sure you'll see someone use it as a package now and again, but not as a basis to run the whole offense through, since I don't see the three man line being that effective against college level talent.

Surprised this hasn't gotten more play. The UM player's dad ended up confronting one of the MSU players at the end of the game. Both MSU players were suspended for the rest of the season. Just a rough school year for the UM guy (Steve Kampfer) all around, as he was the same guy who got assaulted and had his skull fractured by a former UM football player last October.

I got an e-mail read on Jim Rome today. That was pretty cool.

I had one on Hardcore Hockey Talk a few weeks ago. It is kinda cool to have them say your name on air, isn't it?

Definitely. Not only does he read it but plays the soundbite it was referencing (which was Chase Utely dropping an f-bomb during the Phillies WS parade).

I had one on Hardcore Hockey Talk a few weeks ago. It is kinda cool to have them say your name on air, isn't it?

What was your email?

At this point it's not really that difficult to get your letter read if you refer to one of his beloved soundbites, which of course leads to him playing said soundbite, guaranteed everytime. He's become like a morning drive DJ with his love of constantly replaying the same soundbites again and again.

"Dear (losing team),

Tell me how my ass tastes.

Sincerely,

(winning team)"

Also, he needs to bring back the classic buzzer already. Rome just saying AAAAAAHHHHHHH is fucking annoying

Listening to the talking heads whine about Michael Phelps was annoying. He let down his fans? Hasn't it been 15-20 years since we first learned about not putting athletes on pedestals? And yet every time we get a new young sports sensation, we get all the stories of what a great person he is. Hey sportswriters, want to not get disappointed again? Either stop putting your trust in athletes, or refuse to write about their shortcomings, ala Babe Ruth. But spare me the moral outrage.

Guest Smues

It amazes me that there is more outrage (it seems anyway) over the pot smoking picture than his DUI. I would think the DUI would be the bigger issue, since he could hurt other people driving drunk. Not so likely smoking pot at a party.

At this point it's not really that difficult to get your letter read if you refer to one of his beloved soundbites, which of course leads to him playing said soundbite, guaranteed everytime. He's become like a morning drive DJ with his love of constantly replaying the same soundbites again and again.

"Dear (losing team),

Tell me how my ass tastes.

Sincerely,

(winning team)"

Also, he needs to bring back the classic buzzer already. Rome just saying AAAAAAHHHHHHH is fucking annoying

You're right but I figured like a hundred people would have sent what I did so it was surprising that he read mine, plus it was the first time I ever e-mailed him.

What I'm noticing a lot with Phelps (not that I'm really defending him), is a bit of hypocrisy from the media. "Folks, Michael Phelps did something terrible. A picture of him doing something terrible is available. We're outraged by how terrible this picture is. Now, have a look at this picture!"

What was your email?

Both were pro-Boston Bruin. Yuck. Three emails make it on per show: the first is whomever answers trivia correctly the quickest, then the two emails related to the 'Question of the Night". Steve Kouleas called my latter email 'elite', and Mark Osborne said "excellent point, Brian from St. Kitts". Part of me wishes I could have had the Quizno's gift card given to the trivia winner.

Not that anyone cares, but Pat Summitt won her 1,000th game tonight. Where would you say this accomplishment ranks among all-time coaching achievements?

Not that anyone cares, but Pat Summitt won her 1,000th game tonight. Where would you say this accomplishment ranks among all-time coaching achievements?

I heard she is the 2nd non-baseball coach to win 1,000 games in 1 place. Crazy.

One more quick comment on Michael Phelps. I am not a marijuana fan by any stretch. I hate the stuff. But if Michael Phelps can smoke the stuff and then become the most successful Olympian of all time, how harmful can it possibly be?

Unfortunately it's not rational people making the decisions, it's a group of

helen_lovejoy_symp.jpg

"Ohh! Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?!" maniacs who condemn him for doing something most of the country has done in their lives. But because he's an olympic athlete he's supposed to forget about doing anything fun for the rest of his life. Everything he ever does now has to set an example for some idiot kids who are probably going to smoke worse things than some pot out of a bong at a college one weekend.