Guest Coffey

Better wrestler poll #2

Poll #2  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better worker?

• Bobby Roode
    • Sonjay Dutt

Guest Coffey

...because it came up earlier in another thread and I'm curious how many people actually like Dutt.

I voted for Dutt; not for anything that he's done since TNA was put on Spike TV, and not for anything that he did in CZW or wherever else he's wrestled (which I don't have access to), but for a couple of matches that I'd seen of him back when TNA was still doing weekly's, particularly vs. Amazing Red from 2004-05-04. That match, while nothing spectacular, was better than anything I've yet to see Bobby Roode in, in my opinion, so I suppose I voted based on who I feel at least has the aptitude to be better.

Guest Duncan Eternia

My vote goes to Sonjay. Mostly because I met him during a CZW a while back, and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. PLus I enjoy his work.

I dunno if Roode has given enough matches to prove himself...I can only remember him in matches against 3LK, so that doesn't help. I think from what I've seen though, he can be a major player.

I know a lot of people hate Sonjay, but every time he's on tv, I watch. I find him entertaining and I love spotfests once in a while, and he's perfect for those. So right now, I have to go with Sonjay just because I like his matches more.

I voted Dutt, but to be fair I haven't seen much of Roode outside of TNA and most of his TNA work that I've seen has been tag team matches. Roode seems like he has a fuckton of potential but I haven't seen him do anything spectacular yet.

Dutt, but not by much. He at least has charisma, and had a pretty good match with Chris Cash in CZW (dunno the date or the event, but it's on the Aerial Assault DVD that XEG put out for CZW). I've yet to see a Bobby Roode match that I haven't yawned during.

Sonjay's such a great spotfest guy, it's fun to watch him (and I'm the only sprinkler mark in the world). I also like Roode, think he's a solid (re: jam up, etc. who are you to doubt bobby roode?) guy, and the second best wrestler in Team Canada behind Petey.

But I'm a Sonjay mark. :)

Bobby wins. Sonjay is just a spotmonkey. plus "The Sprinkler" are you fucking serious? I hate both these guys, but at least I recognize Roode is useful, Sonjay could be easily replaced by another spotmonkey from NWA Florida.

Guest Coffey

Even if I'm just going by what I've seen in TNA, I think Roode smokes Sonjay. Roode hardly ever messes up whereas I can't think of a match Dutt was in where he didn't blow at least one spot. Roode reminds me of Rick Rude and Curt Hennig in the way that he bumps and shows intensity. I think he has a good look too.

Hell, just Roode's match with Christian a couple weeks back on iMPACT! was damn near better than anything I've seen from Dutt. I hope Roode gets a solo run and push soon because I see superstar potential in him.

Sonjay, Truth, and Joe...

...DUDE! POSSIBLE STABLE FOR THE FUTURE! Truth and Joe trade off who goes after the World title, Joe and Sonjay trade off who goes after the X-Division belt, and Sonjay and Truth tag up here and there.

1. Joe is awesome.

2. Truth is awesome.

3. Dutt is pretty good.

YAY~!

Voted for Roode.

I dislike Sonjay, he's just like every other highspot indy wrestler. There's nothing overly exciting about him, unlike Jack Evans.

See, the one wrestler I don't get the love for 'round here is Roode. I think he's just average with no discernable qualities besides being in Team Canada with a man who can bump his ass off (Young) and a man who is a pretty damn good heel (Williams, although he's nowhere near as good an X-Division heel as Kid Kash was). Somebody mind explaining to me why they dig him?

Guest Coffey

He's got a good look, he's an intense promo, he's a helluva bumper and his selling hasn't sucked thus far. He doesn't botch a lot of spots and he keeps it simple, for the most part, in the ring. He doesn't need a bunch of showboat moves like corkscrew planchas and Canandian Destroyers. He just comes off intense and real to me. Like Rick Rude used to. A simple lariat to the back of the head is his finisher. Simple but effective.

It's the little things nowadays that stand out to me.

I voted for Bobby Roode, because I'm a Bobby Roode mark. He used to wrestle in one of the local indies, so I got to see him live every two weeks or so; the guy is *good*, that's all there is to it.

Sonjay Dutt does the Sprinkler, which is about the worst thing I've ever seen, hence, I didn't vote for him.

Guest Coffey

There's just some things, certain intangibles, that you just can't teach. Some people just have it. I thought Val Venis had it. I think Bobby Roode has it. If you don't see it, we disagree. If you do see it, you know what I'm talking about. It's hard to explain.

To say "Roode just flat out sucks" is being close-minded and ignorant. Sometimes you have to look past a push. It's not Roode's fault that he's lumped in with the rest of the no-name Team Canada. Push Roode as the cocky heel with D'Amore as his manager or turn him and have him run the anti-D'Amore rebellious babyface and he'd get over. I'm pretty sure of it. Hell, a midcard feud with Roode against Styles wouldn't be bad.

Dutt has impressed me in the air but there are loads of wrestlers who can do the same and even better (AJ Styles, Daniels etc...). So I choose Roode because he has a lot of potential, I see him being a main eventer and he can go further then Dutt who just put matches together with spots.