TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Final Resolution lineup

Alright...from the Impact Spoilers we know some stuff...from the TNA site we know some other stuff...from the Bank shot on the TNA site we know some more stuff...and from PWInsider.com we know who AJ is facing at the show...

Here's where we are:

Christian and Sting vs. Jarrett and Monty Brown (announced on the stuff taped for the 1/1 Impact)

X title: Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels (announced on the site)

NWA Tag Titles: AMW vs. Team 3D (announced in the Bill Banks column)

Abyss vs. Rhino (announced in the Bill Banks column)

Raven vs. ? (announced on the site. If Raven wins he gets a title shot, if he loses he's fired)

AJ Styles vs. NJPW's Tanahashi (PWInsider.com audio update)

That leaves:

-The entire B and C teams of the X division (Sabin, Bentley, Williams, Strong, Aries, Shelley, Dutt, and Shannon Moore who I forgot about until Zack mentioned him. That just proves my point about Impact)

-The New Age Outlaws/4 live Krew crap

- The left over part of the roster of Team Canada and the Diamonds in the Rough and Hoyt/Naturals.

Edited by "Hail" bps21

Shannon Moore vs. someone like Dutt, or Aries or Sabin. Probably Sabin actually, since he did a dark match against him. That way he and AJ can faceoff at the next PPV due to the attack at the tapings.

If they can't get Kidman to take on Raven, then who? It seems that they're positioning Raven as more of the face lately, so I doubt it'd be someone like Sandman who is guaranteed a babyface pop. They tried for Kidman but he's not hearing it, unless they manage. Maybe Perry Saturn?

I know I'm the only one...but if Raven is FEUDING WITH ZBYSZKO (which...he is) then the blowoff to the feud should be Raven vs. Zbyszko.

Let's face it...a Raven match at this point isn't going to be good anyway.

So at least it makes sense...and would get crowd reaction.

Guest Leelee

Ah... so now TNA is bringing in another Japanese guy that only the smarkiest of smarks know. Way to get the common fan excited about AJ, one of your biggest stars.

It's also another one of those months where the "Main Event" shouldn't be the last match on the card.

Joe/Daniels should end the show. The Tag Team title match could even do it if Team 3D were to win the titles (which I don't think they are). But instead...

Ah... so now TNA is bringing in another Japanese guy that only the smarkiest of smarks know. Way to get the common fan excited about AJ, one of your biggest stars.

The other option was Shannon Moore, which seemed premature at best to actually do a match already with those two. Honestly, there isnt any other decent option that doesnt scream AJ v. glorified X division jobber. I have no problem with bringing in this guy from NJPW, as it will likely make AJ look better anyway (since this NJPW guy is pretty good from what I've seen) and give him some needed rub with a win from losing the title last month.

Honestly, I'm really surprised they still have any sort of repriore with NJPW after the crap with Liger being brought in as he was. Plus Dickerson is out of the company and apparently he was always the guy that dealt with NJPW.

----

As far as the Raven thing goes, I think TNA really should push hard to get Terry Funk in for a shot, have him job to Raven (obviously, as the Larry Z-Raven feud is LAME) and then afterwards, you have some sort of angle where Funk actually takes over Zbysko's spot as CEO or whatever the fuck he is. Whoever this opponent ends up being, I just hope it's good as this seems to be the blowoff to this feud with Raven/Larry. And I can't agree with having Zbysko be that guy who takes him on, talk about a dissapointment if thats the case.

Sting wouldn't agree to go on second to last. There's no chance of the Main Event being anything other than the tag match, even though it won't be the best match on the card.

Okay. So who would you book Styles against, given that every other uppercarder is busy? Williams yet again? Roode?

Tanahashi isn't well known at all in the States, or even close, but apparently New Japan offered him for the PPV. Sounds like he'll be able to have a pretty good match with Styles.

Another #1 contender screwed. I still say Christian should have gotten his title shot, have Sting debut and cost Jarrett the match, and then JJ and Sting feud.

'Cause that's the smart way of making your champion look strong, right?

Guest Coffey
Sting wouldn't agree to go on second to last.

Since when has Sting had a bad reputation in the business? He's played second fiddle to someone his entire career and now he's a born-again Christian.

Don't mind Leena. She's just mad because she doesn't understand that quality matches get people over in TNA and not an assload of overbooking.

In fact...overbooking is what leads people to not like wrestlers in TNA. Jarrett was at least RESPECTED until it became perfectly clear that all of his matches were going to be overbooked, and since then fans have just shat on him whenever he does something, even if he does something that would be considered entertaining.

Here's to AJ/Tanahashi being a fucking good match. I'm not ordering Final Resolution, but I may get the one after it (Hard Justice is it?) if the card looks alright. I'm actually having quite good luck financially as of late, so I could afford to throw down $30.

Here's some thoughts:

Christian/Sting vs. Jarrett/Brown: Christian's just in time to start playing second fiddle to Sting. Wasn't he supposed to get an actual title shot? I guess teaming with Sting is just as good, eh? He's gone from being a midcard bitch to a ME bitch the likes of Monty Brown. Speaking of which, reteaming him with JJ yet AGAIN is just one more thing that makes him look like shit. I think they've effectively ruined a good thing with Monty. Sting vs. Jarrett is no way to carry the ME.

Joe vs. Daniels: Daniels, of all fucking people, has come off to me as really vanilla during this whole angle. It's sad, because he's one of the best characters out there since Raven. Joe owns all, but throwing him, Daniels, and Styles at each other constantly is detrimental. Sooner or later, they're going to have to build up other X Division guys. The X Division's booking has been too fucking thin, while the ME suffers the problem of being too overdone.

AMW vs. Team 3D: Eh, AMW will probably get their job back, because Team 3D won the Tables Match, right? Pretty simple way to continue the fued, which hasn't been terrible so much as an afterthought. I'll chalk that up to not enough time on Impact.

Abyss vs. Rhino: I thought Rhino was supposed to be going after Team Canada? Once again, we have the obligatory hardcore brawl match with no fucking rules. Problem is, neither man needs to lose this. TNA has a problem with booking those kinds of matches.

Raven vs. ?: Raven can and should win this, but since when does winning a #1 Contender's match mean you get a shot at the title? Assuming that Raven wins this match, and assuming that he'll actually get a shot against Jarrett, I expect him to just play tweener off of the guys involved in the war. He certainly won't win the title off of Jarrett; that'll be Sting (we hope). I'm not sure what they're going to do with Raven. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if he lost this match and they went with a "you're fired" angle.

Styles vs. the Jap: Another obligatory workrate match. Don't know anything about Tanahashi, but I guess it'll be a spectacle to see. Styles will continue to play the Sting of TNA: looking good but not really going anywhere.

Guest Tuxedo Mask

Simply airing some video packages would let people know who Tanahashi is. The "smarkiest of smarks" already know and the casuals would say "wow, look at that guy!". It's not rocket science.

Guest Coffey

Not a bad looking line-up.

AMW/3D should've been for the titles last time. The Dudz don't really need the belts though. Of course, AMW don't either but they need 'em more than the Dudleys. I'm disappointed with this match most of all I think because it's the same match we got last PPV sans the tables.

I have no clue whom that dude fighting Styles is. I'll save judgment for when I see him work. The last time someone here said someone I'd never heard of was "really good" it turned out to be Shocker and he was the fucking shits.

Cage/Sting Vs. Jarrett/Monty? Eh, at least it keeps Brown & Christian in the main event. Match wise, it'll be an overbooked mess. I'm curious how Sting looks nowadays though. The last time I saw him was during Nikita Koloffs baptism thing and he had on extra weight. I did read that he's been working really hard lately, so I guess we'll see.

Abyss Vs. Rhino? Works for me. Both just came off of losses at the last PPV. Of course, Sabu, whom won, is no where to be seen and Jarrett is still in the main event. I wanna see someone else get the video package treatment that Rhino got.

I so don't care about the Raven stuff. I've never liked Larry Zybysko. In fact, he's the reason my dad stopped watching wrestling. His constant analogies to real sports ran him off. He compared Goldberg's winning streak to Babe's 714 HR's and my pops had enough. At one time, Raven was my favorite wrestler. That was a long time ago. I still like his gimmick but that's about it.

Joe/Daniels should be fun. I hope they don't hot-shot the title back to Daniels. I don't think they will but you never know.

Guest aural angel dust

TNA really need to elevate someone in the X-Division immediately. They're about to do the third of three possible combinations of the X-D 3 (Joe, Daniels, Styles) and they're going to have AJ spinning his wheels with someone who isn't even with the company, just to have him on the card seemingly. After they do another Triple Threat match they'll need some new challengers to stop the scene getting stale.

Just put on a Fourway match for the #1 contendership or something so a fresh face gets a title shot. Given TNA's habit of rehashing pre-spike stuff they should just throw Sabin at Joe again, even if it was the exact same match as last time he'd come out looking stronger than rest of the X-Division that Joe's already mow over.

Moaning aside, the card looks pretty good as usual.

Edited by aural angel dust

TNA really need to elevate someone in the X-Division immediately. They're about to do the third of three possible combinations of the X-D 3 (Joe, Daniels, Styles) and they're going to have AJ spinning his wheels with someone who isn't even with the company, just to have him on the card seemingly. After they do another Triple Threat match they'll need some new challengers to stop the scene getting stale.

You know that there is nothing wrong with a good old-fashioned exhibition match, right? There doesn't have to be a gimmick or an angle or a "story" behind every single match on the card. I'd also hardly consider it spinning his wheels. They had Joe vs Liger (another guy who isn't with the company) a few months back and look where Joe is now ---> holding the X title.

Edited by vivisectvi

Like so many people already said they need to elevate somebody in the X-Division. I'm saying go with Shannon Moore or Austin Aries. Have one of them beat Daniels after this PPV on Impact in a "huge upset". Build someone up, let another wrestle shine in the X-Division for once.

The Tag Team Main Event looks horrible. I hate Jarrett. I don't like Brown as a Heel. Christian needs to get a singles title shot and Sting is too old. The Tag Titles match looks alright. Abyss/Rhino looks like the same stuff they have been doing every PPV the last months. I don't really care about Raven. I DO want to see that Styles match, can't wait to see this Japanese guy.

Guest Mike
Christian and Sting vs. Jarrett and Monty Brown (announced on the stuff taped for the 1/1 Impact)

X title: Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels (announced on the site)

NWA Tag Titles: AMW vs. Team 3D (announced in the Bill Banks column)

Abyss vs. Rhino (announced in the Bill Banks column)

Raven vs. ? (announced on the site. If Raven wins he gets a title shot, if he loses he's fired)

AJ Styles vs. NJPW's Tanahashi (PWInsider.com audio update)

TNA is terrible. We get a tag team main event. AMW vs Team 3D for what, the fifth time. Abyss vs Rhino in a worthless garbage brawl. Raven vs ? in hopefully the conclusion to a god awful angle. Then a match that means nothing in AJ Styles vs Tanahashi. What a worthless PPV.

-=Mike

Hey, Mike's back with more hatred than ever! Haven't seen you for a while.

That AJ Styles/Tanahashi match has been officially announced on the website. I don't mind it one bit that TNA is trying to have a showcase match once in a while.

The main event should be Joe/Daniels. But the tag match to end the show will be interesting...I think Monty's the only one that can take the fall.

Guest Bulwark

Mike's either a troll or a complete idiot. Why watch or post about it if you hate it? Just ignore it, like I do with WWE.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to Joe/Daniels, Styles/Tanahashi, Abyss/Rhyno and Raven/?(What can I say, I'm a Raven mark.)

This'll be the 4th TNA PPV in a row i'm ordering.

Sting wouldn't agree to go on second to last.

Since when has Sting had a bad reputation in the business? He's played second fiddle to someone his entire career and now he's a born-again Christian.

The only thing that I can think of that can be said against Sting, is that when he became a born-again Christian, he refused to ever turn heel. That has hurt programs in the past, and it's just simply stupid as fuck. But yeah, that's all I can think of.