TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

What do you do when....

...you're talking to someone about a movie/show you've both seen and they feel the need to "quote" a scene in said movies and you don't want to hear it? I hate being polite and fake laughing after the person is finished and I'm looking for a new response to this nonsense.

I'd usually be like "yeah, that part was good" if its just after the movie, to be polite. When it reaches day three and they are still going on about it, or other people are coming up and saying the exact same thing to me, I usually will just tell them "i've seen it, i know what your talking about" in a sort of way that i'm not really impressed.

I used to know a girl like that, who'd quote movies all the time. It got old.

I'd usually just respond with "yeah, yeah, I remember it..." and change the subject.

A couple of months ago I started a thread about Degrassi Junior High, and I knew the first reply would be someone posting the lyrics of the theme song. Thankfully, the Czech Republic came through for me.

I usually just say "uh-huh" and then get up and walk away. It works great in any situation where you don't wanna listen to somebody. I did it tonight with some guy going down a list of his crappy recipes after I cooked dinner at the place I now spend my days at.

Guest mr. teh awesome

Honestly, I've never talked to too many people who excessivly quote movies.

When it happened to me before, I just stared at them blankly. They would then usually say, "Did you see that part?", in which I replied, "Yes..." then they would go "Well, didn't you think that was funny?" I would just say "Not really." Usually does the trick.

A couple of months ago I started a thread about Degrassi Junior High, and I knew the first reply would be someone posting the lyrics of the theme song. Thankfully, the Czech Republic came through for me.

:(

Should I have done "Everybody Wants Something" instead?