TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Todd Grisham Calls Fan "Retard" On Byte This

At the 51:08 minute mark on last night's edition of Byte This, a caller, at the end of his call, said "TNA is better than WWE." Todd Grisham responded, "Then why are you calling our show, retard? Call TNA's show ... if they have one ... which I doubt. I think it airs, uh, Sunday night ... at 4am ... in Japan."

This caller totally caught Todd off track and he freaked out big time. Go watch. It wasn't edited out of the archived version.

EDIT: It's edited now. A commercial advertising the Melina/Batista angle is in its place.

At the 51:08 minute mark on last night's edition of Byte This, a caller, at the end of his call, said "TNA is better than WWE." Todd Grisham responded, "Then why are you calling our show, retard? Call TNA's show ... if they have one ... which I doubt. I think it airs, uh, Sunday night ... at 4am ... in Japan."

This caller totally caught Todd off track and he freaked out big time. Go watch. It wasn't edited out of the archived version.

EDIT: It's edited now. A commercial advertising the Melina/Batista angle is in its place.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...c=72088&st=1140

For some reason, I have this sudden urge to get 1o of my friends together, all of us call byte this at once and keep calling until someone can get through and go "TNA Rules!" Each and everytime someone can get through.

Guest DuDe
For some reason, I have this sudden urge to get 1o of my friends together, all of us call byte this at once and keep calling until someone can get through and go "TNA Rules!" Each and everytime someone can get through.

Oh yeah, that'll show them :rolleyes:

Ha, Todd's got some balls.

Doesn't sound like he freaked out to me...in fact, he was pretty quick witted, and kept his cool. +1 to Todd from me.

I agree. I don't see the need to make a fuss about this. Good for Grisham, putting the caller in his place.

Yeah, looks like Todd was pretty quick on his feet about it. He quickly put the guy in his place and moved on....probably got a good laugh out of Vince......when somebody TELLS him about cause God knows he wasn't watching it

Ha, Todd's got some balls.

Doesn't sound like he freaked out to me...in fact, he was pretty quick witted, and kept his cool. +1 to Todd from me.

Saying "um" about 50 times in your comeback does not constitute quick witt, my friend.

Grisham was quick witted..doesn't matter about the um, he verbally owned that caller RIGHT AFTER the person said "TNA RULES"

Grisham was quick witted..doesn't matter about the um, he verbally owned that caller RIGHT AFTER the person said "TNA RULES"

I'd hardly call it 'owning'...

I would hope that the host of a show who can cut off somebody and effectively have the last word would "own" somebody. Really though this is a tree falling in a forest in the grand scheme of things.

I would hope that the host of a show who can cut off somebody and effectively have the last word would "own" somebody. Really though this is a tree falling in a forest in the grand scheme of things.

I think the caller actually just blurted out his line and then hung up.

This is hilarious. They should have Grisham just go around and insult people randomly.

Simon Dean on the callers:

"I'm convinced that the American school system is a complete failure after listening to some of these people try to put one complete sentence together."

There's no such thing as an "American school system". Its a collection of 50 state school system, which get various levels of results.

Grisham: Now is the wrestling in Japan similiar to Lucha Libre?

Benoit: Uh...no.

Todd: So, is the food different in Japan?

Malenko: Well...yeah.

Malenko just sounded like he wanted to kick Todd's scrawny ass during that match.

But hey, I thought Todd was pretty funny in that response actually.

Guest Fook_Theta

Hah that was actually pretty good from Todd.

Shake that ass, KOAB. SHAKE IT FOR ME OVER AND OVER

"I'm convinced that the American school system is a complete failure after listening to some of these people try to put one complete sentence together."

There's no such thing as an "American school system". Its a collection of 50 state school system, which get various levels of results.

Maybe he meant the general approach to education that is taken in the United States. That one is a complete failure, wouldn't you say?

Maybe he meant the general approach to education that is taken in the United States. That one is a complete failure, wouldn't you say?

No. "Complete failure" is entirely too strong a term when the real problem isn't that widespread. There are some really bad urban and poor rural school districts that are dragging the standardized test score averages down and making the rest of the country look bad. Plus, we test almost every single kid (opposed to most western countries which only worry about their college-bound kids). And kids with IQs as low as 60 are taking the same tests as everyone else because the percentage of kids exempt from taking regular standardized tests is set way too low.

Grisham: Now is the wrestling in Japan similiar to Lucha Libre?

Benoit: Uh...no.

Doesn't touch

Todd: This is Chris Benoit, known as the Wild Pegasus facing, uh... JUH-shin Thund...

Benoit/Malenko (immediately): JOO-Shin!

To be fair, I think Todd has gotten better, and is fine in the dorky interview guy role. I don't listen to Byte This, so I don't know how that goes.

No. "Complete failure" is entirely too strong a term when the real problem isn't that widespread. There are some really bad urban and poor rural school districts that are dragging the standardized test score averages down and making the rest of the country look bad. Plus, we test almost every single kid (opposed to most western countries which only worry about their college-bound kids). And kids with IQs as low as 60 are taking the same tests as everyone else because the percentage of kids exempt from taking regular standardized tests is set way too low.

I see what you're saying with standardized tests, but what about from a pedagogical standpoint? Too many teachers aren't concerned with imparting any knowledge, they just teach the tests so you know how to get the A, then forget what you learned so you can get to the next chapter, so you can get the A in the class you need to inflate your GPA to impress the colleges so you can get in there and get a degree you won't use. I'm sure there are some bright ones out there who can actually make their students smarter, hopefully Jerk is among them, but if that's a road that has a B- or two in it, he's gonna hear about it from the parents of shallow overachievers, and that'll be that.

We're sending all the wrong people off to college. Our population isn't overeducated so much as just overaccredited. Look at all the vapid girls and meatheaded guys that higher education is waving through. It's nuts. I probably won't finish college; it bores me and I don't feel I'm getting any intellectual or personal growth from it after the year and a half thus far. Oh well. I'll have to make it some other way. Or not?

I see what you're saying with standardized tests, but what about from a pedagogical standpoint? Too many teachers aren't concerned with imparting any knowledge, they just teach the tests so you know how to get the A, then forget what you learned so you can get to the next chapter, so you can get the A in the class you need to inflate your GPA to impress the colleges so you can get in there and get a degree you won't use. I'm sure there are some bright ones out there who can actually make their students smarter, hopefully Jerk is among them, but if that's a road that has a B- or two in it, he's gonna hear about it from the parents of shallow overachievers, and that'll be that.

We're sending all the wrong people off to college. Our population isn't overeducated so much as just overaccredited. Look at all the vapid girls and meatheaded guys that higher education is waving through. It's nuts. I probably won't finish college; it bores me and I don't feel I'm getting any intellectual or personal growth from it after the year and a half thus far. Oh well. I'll have to make it some other way. Or not?

I can't argue with any of that, although newer state tests are increasing trying to measure writing skills instead of regurgitating unconnected facts or random guessing.

My only advice for people going to college now is to only major in things you really want to do (or can make money at). The first couple of years of college is usually just a review of what you should have learned in high school.