TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Holiday Bowl Thread

To keep the TWiCFB thread from falling apart I've decided this game will need it's own thread so here we are.

Looks like the Emerald Bowl isn't going to end by time they kickoff in San Diego.

And rumor has it that Oregon is going to wear their most outlandish jerseys yet.

That's what they said at halftime of this game. Anything short of real duck feathers won't impress me!

Well Im gonna have to go with Oregon 41 Oklahoma 31. This really is one of the best matchups this year and it could go either way. I just think Oregons big, physical, fast receivers end up being too much for the OU secondary.

And rumor has it that Oregon is going to wear their most outlandish jerseys yet.

That's what they said at halftime of this game. Anything short of real duck feathers won't impress me!

Nope Oregon is wearing their whites as they are the "visiting" team.

Oregon should be ok if Leaf doesn't re-enter the game.

That was just a stupid play by Peterson and Bomar. OU is having trouble getting Peterson going. Bomar has more rushing yards than Peterson.

Yeah it sucked pretty bad in the first half.

OU's offense appears to be rolling now though. Peterson is finally going.

This would do a lot for the Big XII if OU could make the conference 3-1 and knock off a Top 10 team while they're at it.

And as I type that Touchdown OU. 17-7.

Fuck I don't care if Texas loses the Rose Bowl if OU wins this game. It's been 2 years since OU had a bowl win.

OU decided to embarass themselves at the beginning of the year rather than the end this year.

Oregon's not playing well, and OU's playing as good as they've played all year.

Glad I wound up staying home.

Edited by Kingofthe909

Guest Smues

I'd like to watch, but for some reason instead of getting ESPN I'm getting the Golf Network. I seem to vaguely remember seeing a commercial saying the golf network was moving to channel 33, but I can't find where ESPN might have moved to. I can't imagine Comcast dumping ESPN for us but keeping ESPN2. Odd.

Edit: I found ESPN...at channel 11. Comcast is wierd. They group all the channels together, so all the sports are in the 30's, yet now they bump ESPN from the 30 group to 11, which is between a shopping channel and some local channel they use to sell houses. Double odd.

It's really hard for me to continue watching this game because there's isn't much flow. That's how OU wanted to play.

Holy shit OU did everything possible at the end of that game to give me a heart attack. I'm so fucking glad they actually won a bowl game now. It's been 2 years.

The OU offense played much like it did all year. Good in spots and very bad in spots. Same with the defense. Dominating at times and then giving up huge plays.

That interception by Clint Ingram was AWESOME. He's a senior too. What a way to finish your career. I'm sure that's how every senior wants to end it. On top winning the game.

If Heupel can set Bomar straight and if Vince YOung goes pro the Big XII should belong to OU again. Oregon should be around the top of the Pac 10 again if they can figure out their QB situation.

Well Leaf went out like a Leaf....throwing an INT in San Diego. If Ingram doesn't make that INT though then Oregon scores and wins.

If Young doesn't come back then OU definitely owns the Big XII.

OU preseason Top 15 next year? They should end the season ranked where?

Peterson finally started playing hard at the end of the game. He did his usual dragging of tacklers for a while there.

I'm as happy as I can be right now over this. Of course OU would've iced it if Peterson hadn't fumbled on the goal line like a retard.

Oregon's gotta find some stability at QB and in the secondary. Oklahoma's defense was good, but I'm not sold on that Urban Meyer type offense against quick defensive teams.

I never like the spread option much because its hard to pound the ball in short yardage situations. When its clicking though it does work pretty well.

Oklahoma looks real good next year.

I like the new O-Coordinators play calling. It provided some good balance and those young recievers are looking good. The defense looked really really good though. I'm optimistic about the future.

OU is now 6-0 against Oregon BUT they have to go to Eugene next season. They have to play Texas. They have to go to A&M, OSU, and ISU. The schedule looks murderous. They had the #1 schedule this season and they might have a Top 5 schedule again next season. So they may be really good but I just think the schedule will catch up to them.

What about Peterson cutting open his head on the celebration? That was retarded. The celebrations nearly killed OU the whole game! And Bomar at the end there? Stoops looked like he was going to murder Bomar.