TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Feedback for 12/29 HeldDown~!

Great show guys. I've only read the Lethal Rumble so far, and may I say, fucking good job by KC.... but it doesn't seem to have an ending.

Bohemoth leaves Black to writh on the canvas as he goes back to Frankie, who's having the laces of Christian Wright's boot raked down his face and eyes ruthlessly. Directing traffic, Wright then pulls Frankie up and throws him towards Bohemoth, who drills the Sooner Bruiser with a FRONT SPINEBUSTAAAAA~!

COLE

Better than that guy who doesn't work here anymore~!

Awesome. I'm sure we'll have the ending sorted soon.

Edited by Nice Guy Adam

Anderson Cup: Tournaments rule, and seeding is something that needs to be done more often in wrestling.

PRL/Boricua-SF & CH: The faces jumping the heels from behind makes them look cowardly. Was the finish a no-contest? I got kind of confused. The hate was there, though. The segments afterwards...the first one was alright, but the in-arena one could have been shorter and still have gotten the point across. A mask match is usually a big deal, and I would have saved it for a PPV bout. But, it still brings interest to next week's show.

COD/SCM: I'm not really a fan of COD matches, because of the way they're written. If they're meant to be a spoof, then they're great. Otherwise...I can see how you could get into them, but I'm not a fan.

Axel Promo (yeah, I skipped some for the sake of not being up all night): It seemed kinda heelish, bragging about satisfying his own wants and all.

Lethal Rumble: Random notes here: Why would, when in there with both members of a tag team, Christian Wright initiate an attack on one of the two team members? It's asking for trouble logically. The New New's basically running things early on was cool; makes them look stronger. Ned's kind of a dick for ditching his partner like he did. Loved Rodez acting cowardly of young Frankie Frankensteiner. The Frank/Bohemoth showdown was sweet. You'd think that the Six-Man Tag Champs would have their shit together better. Bohemoth being ganged up on for his elimination was sweet; puts him over while putting him under. I thought the abrupt ending was some sort of cliffhanger. Ah well. Good bout.

The Anderson Cup is shaping up really well. I liked the explanation of the seedings, and this was a nice build by just two guys talking. Simple and effective.

It's funny how Caboose changes personality when calling PRL matches. He busts out the capitals a lot more. But anyway, decent enough stuff here, although PRL has gone around with these characters so many times now it kinda washes over me. A new feud, or entirely new main character, might help.

I liked Coach's orating. And I do like COD matches, something different to break up the normal flow of things is great. Kill Whitey...heh. Plus lesbian kiss and ROH reference equals me entertained. The equals button on my keyboard doesnt work. So no more equations in this feed. Sorry.

1989 rules? I was 10 in 1989. I bet some of you kids were born then, or something. Go on, get off my lawn.

Cool womens match, lots of innovative moves here. The 6 way should be great.

Lethal Rumble was really great. Lots of cool spots and sequences. Certainly a sudden ending..maybe Dan and Simon landed on the power switch...or something...

AGH!

The end of the Rumble is edited in.

Also, pre-Rumble promos are (hopefully) in which I forgot about until now because my damn computer is a piece of shit that had to be completely programmed back to how it was the day I bought it for some reason which stopped it from even getting to Windows. You know, technology really sucks.

It's too late now, but I wish I would've held the AC brackets until the New Year's show because it gave away who was winning the Lethal Rumble. Then again, my promo last week covered that up pretty well when the NNMX said they had a plan, that's why they didn't enter the AC.

Eski's right, PR's crew have been fighting each other for so long that most of us have developed an immunity. I had to read the match a couple of times before understanding what happened. The match never took place, but I thought PR did a good job furthering his angle. There's so much heat -- no pun intended -- between those involve I can see why the faces would go off the way they did.

KC's pre-Rumble promos were great; captured the feel of the old school drawings perfectly...complete with "Mean" Gene! The Universe's Finest Tag Team? Just like Bill Watts' UWF, your universe is bigger than their world.

Do you know Maya's initials are M.O.M.? Hopefully she ends up nothing like her mother. The successful businesswoman yes, the drinker no. "Gargantuan" is quickly becoming my favorite word thanks to Patty. Real contrast of styles from a wrestling and lifestyle standpoint. A fine match written by a fine person, everybody's favorite...Patty O'Green. His writing is a nice change of pace like Eski said. So Marcellus liked seeing his little sister violated by another woman? The dude IS hardcore. The Alix cheerleader bit was hilarious.

Good segment between Rikjin & Foshi with RM doing all the talking while Foshi did all the listening.

Street should've taken the draw, much better on the record than a loss. She ended up paying for it. Fun match.

Though he was acting a bit devilish, I thought Axel did a good job explaining his motives.

The tag team Lethal Rumble was terrific. One of the best HD main event's ever. Excellent job KC.

MOTN: Tag Team Lethal Rumble

I was 6 in 89, thus making me cooler than all of you put together. Hooray for youth!

Anyway, I promised feedback, and here it is. Are you ready? Huh? Are ya? Are ya?

Ok!

We start off the logo...who made that? That's nice! 5 Star! A-Triple-Plus!

I'd like to take this time to mention how cool I think it is that matches are being held at the Angle Awards. I remember watching the Slammys back in the day and thinking how cool it'd be for them to hold matches in that makeshift ring they used for the stage.

I hate Lil Jon. Nothing to do with this show, but it needed to be said. Anyway, on PRL's segments tonight...I think this was pretty solid stuff, but it would've been a lot more effective if it was done in a single segment. The belt storyline really didn't go anywhere, and I think it kinda lessened the impact of the initial attack (which I liked, BTW). I think it probably would've come off stronger with just that attack, and the promo from PR at the end, because what's in between kinda waters everything down.

Interview medley...AND THERE'S CORNETTE...AND BLACK T!!!!!! YES!!!

I'm really feeling this thing with the Sk8ter Boiz bulking up. Their promo...specifically the last part with Marv speaking, had me laughing.

COD vs SCM: There was this one simile in there that I thought was just fantastic, but looking back through, I can't find it. Anyway, this was great. I think Patty's matches are great in that they're actually a lot more fun to read than they are to visualize...did that make any sense at all? I hope so. Patty's great.

Edit: "His fists act as a hell spawned paint brush, painting black and blue across her beige canvas." I loved that one.

Not much to say on the Foshi segment...I have to see what comes of it before I can comment effectively.

WOMEN'S ACTION~! means automatic five stars from me. Good action here. Confusia looked really strong, as did Ashley by calling for the restart at the end--really drove home that she was a fighting champion. Looking forward to the AP Title match, although THESE GIRLS NEED PICS!

AXEL SPEAKS...short and sweet.

The mark in me says that the Lethal Rumble SUCKED for Black T getting robbed in the end (BOOOOOOO!!), but really this was great all around. I kinda saw the finish coming, but great job of downplaying Ned towards the end. And the Sooner Bruisers came off really strong too. I marked for them SOONERLINING~! the hell outta everybody.

Good show.

If some of you who left feedback notice something missing, it's because a certain segment you commented on was not supposed to be shown on HD, but rather the NYE special. It wasn't even in complete form, but it'll be on and in full on the NYE show.

If some of you who left feedback notice something missing, it's because a certain segment you commented on was not supposed to be shown on HD, but rather the NYE special. It wasn't even in complete form, but it'll be on and in full on the NYE show.

I saw it and what was there was top notch.

Also, I was 2 in 1989 so fuck all'ya!

Anyway, what was there was entertaining. My stuff kinda took up a lot, so I'll just compliment PFL on his match and giving Confusia a little more credibility in the process of a good match.

Sign in to follow this