TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
k thx

MOTY 2006

Ah, prediction time.

Simple question: what do you reckon will be WWE match of the year come the end of 2006? Which pairing has the potential to put on the best match in the next twelve months.

I'm going to start off with an unlikely one: Batista vs Orton. Assuming they're gonna feud for the title, I can see a good stipulation PPV main event for the title. They've got a lot of history, the creative team are more likely to give them a good feud than anyone else, and if they play to their strengths it could end up being match of the year.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Чэв

Who knows who'll step up or bust onto the scene this year, but based on the current landscape, and my own personal bias, I'll say a Shawn Michaels/Shelton Benjamin rematch, hopefully with more time given.

Edited by Hoff

Guest JoeJoe

Shawn Michaels vs. some above average worker in some random big match environment.

Guest dreamer420

Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe. Seems pretty likely that Joe will make the jump to the WWE and I'd love to see him and Kurt try to kill each other.

Also Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania. Sure they are a couple of old guys but they could pull of **** on the front lawn of a nursing home.

Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe. Seems pretty likely that Joe will make the jump to the WWE and I'd love to see him and Kurt try to kill each other.

Also Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania. Sure they are a couple of old guys but they could pull of **** on the front lawn of a nursing home.

No.

No they couldn't.

If Flair and Steamboat just stood around and chopped each other for 30 minutes, Flair fans would give it 4 stars and call it the greatest match of the year. All of the guys at deathvalleydriver would be going nuts. :)

Seems pretty likely that Joe will make the jump to the WWE and I'd love to see him and Kurt try to kill each other.

Please don't say things like that. It's the worst thing Joe could do.

As for match of the year, why not another Micheals/Angle match. Do it with a proper build up and they should put on a fine contest.

I'll go with Brent Albright vs. Chris Benoit, followed by Benoit vs. Orton and Michaels vs. Benjamin II.

Albright would be fed to Angle on Raw, so hopefully he goes to SmackDown.

Shelton Benjamin's mother versus Lita. You know it'll happen, and it'll rock.

*Lita hits her crappy Moonsault onto Shelton's mama and breaks her own ribs*

Lita, in an interview on her millionth injury:"It's not worse the rithk!"

Guest Nathan

I doubt anything they put out this year will be considered MOTY quality. Mysterio is our only hope.

Guest JoeJoe
I doubt anything they put out this year will be considered MOTY quality. Mysterio is our only hope.

Since 1997, has Rey ever even come close to having a legit match of the year?? I guess your only hope is fish-oil pills. I hear they swell heads.

Guest Nathan

Since 1997, has Rey ever even come close to having a legit match of the year?? I guess your only hope is fish-oil pills. I hear they swell heads.

The Mysterio/Guerrero matches from 6/23 and GAB were the only WWE matches of 2005 even worthy of having MOTY spoken in the same sentence as them.

The Mysterio/Guerrero matches from 6/23 and GAB were the only WWE matches of 2005 even worthy of having MOTY spoken in the same sentence as them.

*ahem*

HBK vs ANGLE AT WRESTLEMANIA!!!

Guest Leelee
Samoa Joe squashing some little guy.

Samoa Joe squashing Randy Orton in under 30 seconds would get my vote.

But first, Joe has to join WWE. Please tell him to. Then, I'm sure WWE will grant your wish in a future matchup.

Seems pretty likely that Joe will make the jump to the WWE and I'd love to see him and Kurt try to kill each other.

Please don't say things like that. It's the worst thing Joe could do.

Samoa Joe has a better chance of winning a world title in wwe than tna.

Guest Nathan

*ahem*

HBK vs ANGLE AT WRESTLEMANIA!!!

No.