TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimensions

Huge Mofo Signed to WWE

- Mike Johnson reports today that WWE has signed Dalip "Giant" Singh. He is a 7"3' native of India who was trained by the All Pro Wrestling school in California. Singh appeared in an Adam Sandler remake of "The Longest Yard" playing a gigantic inmate named Turley who played for Sandler's football team.

Singh_Dalip_6b__as_Turley_342x588.jpg

From All Pro Wrestling, brief bio:

This is a man you have to see to believe. Dalip Singh is a legit 7' 3" 408-pound monster, who shows absolutely no mercy for anyone in his path. Dalip strikes fear into the hearts of fan's and fan-favorites alike. Uses a sick chokeslam to finish his opponents off.

Brought into New Japan by Team 2000 leader, Masahiro Chono ... He and Giant Silva had the Tokyo Sumo Hall crowd open-mouthed when they appeared on 8/12/01, the last day of the G1 Climax tour ... Teamed for the first time with Giant Silva at the Tokyo Dome on 10/8/01, the two labelled "Club 7" by Chono, and defeated Yutaka Yoshie, Kenzo Suzuki, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Wataru Inoue in a Handicap Match when Silva pinned Tanahashi AND Inoue at the same time ... Suffered his first loss at the Tokyo Dome on 1/4/02, being pinned by Hiroyoshi Tenzan, when teaming with Chono against Tenzan & Kojima ... Suffered another big defeat on 3/17/02, in the IWGP Tag Team Title Tournament semi final round, being pinned by Manabu Nakanishi, falling to a German suplex hold ... An absolute monster of a man, a physical freak and scary presence.

Appreas in Adam Sandler's movie "The Longest Yard" which is getting great reviews!

Guest nokia

Wasn't this the "wrestler" that caused a DEATH in a ring in Japan during training when he dropped someone on theire head?

Just what wwe needs; A Huge clumsy "wrestler"....

You know after I first saw the Longest Yard and found out this guy was a wrestler I wonder how long it would take for Vince to sign him.

And why do I have the feeling his gimmick is going to play off his movie character?

I remember reading at the time of The Longest Yards release that Meltzer called this guy one of the worst wrestlers to ever step foot in the ring.

The only way I can see this working out for the WWE is if they make this guy someone's bodyguard. He'll just have to throw out the occasional big boot and chokeslam so it should hide the rest of the guy's deficiencies when it comes to wrestling.

I was hoping WWE had just signed a guy called Huge Mofo.

That would be the best ring name ever.

The only way I can see this working out for the WWE is if they make this guy someone's bodyguard. He'll just have to throw out the occasional big boot and chokeslam so it should hide the rest of the guy's deficiencies when it comes to wrestling.

Yeah, and while they're at it, do the same for Carltio and Chris Masters

On Topic: Is this guy going to OVW or WWE? I imagine Vince giving him the World title in his debut match.

Guest Leelee
I'm feeling Giant Gonzalez II with this guy. Do they EVER learn when it comes to guys like this?

I know. WWE should discriminate against anyone who is tall.

Guest Leelee
El Gigante's son is coming to the WWE! Seriously, Vince, hire a fucking lightweight for once, make us happy.

But... no!

Fans of any one particular wrestler who's great outside the WWE shouldn't necessarily be happy if their favorite goes to the WWE. You can say that it's selfish, but who fucking cares? Them having more money doesn't effect you as a fan. Them wrestling 4 minute throwaway matches on RAW as opposed to working 20+ minute MOTYC every month does. The WWE style is only part of it, the limited moveset. It's also that your favorite worker, if they sign with the WWE, might not ever get to give a promo, and if he does, it'll probably be scripted. If they get a gimmick, it'll probably be something juvenile that was created primarily as an inside joke by the bookers or to Vince, rather than entertain. If they get put into a program, the storyline will probably be awful. They'll be playing the part of fake infomercial sales pitchmen or be given a name that's sole purpose is to allow the commentators to make a dozen penis jokes per match.

My point is - given the current state of the WWE (and the fact that they have no desire to change at this point for the better), if I was a huge Joe fan, or any other guy out there not yet in the fed, I'd be depressed as fuck if I heard they had signed or were going to sign with the fed. You can kiss just about everything you liked about them goodbye.

Blah blah whine whine.

I'd mark for him as Daivari's version of 911 hard, but you know they'll have him trying to wrestle 10 minute + matches with Taker.

I'm feeling Giant Gonzalez II with this guy. Do they EVER learn when it comes to guys like this?

I know. WWE should discriminate against anyone who is tall.

How about starting with discriminating against anyone who lacks talent?

Watch they put this guy in a feud with Big Show.

I can also see this happening in the near future. wrestlemania perhaps?

Actually, Silva supposedly improved a lot down in Mexico or Puerto Rico (whichever it was). He was doing suicide dives to the outside, and such. I mean, he will never bust out La Magistrol or chain werstle like Benoit, but he got loads better.

This guy, however, might make Nathan Jones look good.

I remember reading at the time of The Longest Yards release that Meltzer called this guy one of the worst wrestlers to ever step foot in the ring.

He did say something like that.

I can see it now...remember the Machines back in the 80s? You could have Huge Mofo, Super Mofo, and Giant Mofo. :bonk:

Seriously...Vince sees big guy, probably the workrate of a bottle of Pepsi...and he sees instant ratings. Then again...he needs to quit sniffing glue.

I can see it now...remember the Machines back in the 80s? You could have Huge Mofo, Super Mofo, and Giant Mofo. :bonk:

Seriously...Vince sees big guy, probably the workrate of a bottle of Pepsi...and he sees instant ratings. Then again...he needs to quit sniffing glue.

This guy is a double whammy because he's tall, huge, and roided to hell. Vince probably blew his load the first time he saw him.

How about starting with discriminating against anyone who lacks talent?

This means that the current WWE Champion would have to be fired.

There's a big difference between lacking talent and not being allowed to showcase it