TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimensions

Huge Mofo Signed to WWE

My most vivid memory of Giant Singh is him in NJPW botching the powerbomb two or three times in succession and the crowd booing.

So he probably gets signed, feuds with Big Show...company can't figure out what to do next......... instructs Cena to make fun of him for being of arab descent, things get messy....he is promptly released.

If WWE wants to avoid another death, they'd better keep Singh out of the ring or in very short matches for the most part.

They shouldn't have signed him in the first place, though.

While training at the All Pro Wrestling school in May 2001, Singh was linked to the death of 24 year-old wrestling student Brian Ong. According to a January 2004 East Bay Express article, Ong (who had previously suffered a concussion but yet continued training) was powerbombed by Singh. Ong took the bump wrong, landing on his tailbone with his head hitting the mat backwards due to the whiplash effect of the bump. The trainers didn't realize how badly Ong, who told them he was dizzy, was hurt until he got on all fours, vomited, and collapsed. They called 911. Ong passed away while being transported to the hospital via ambulance. The official cause of death was acute and subdural hemorrhage due to head trauma. Ong's family sued APW for his death, receiving a $1.34 million ruling against the school and its owner, Roland Alexander. Singh did not testify during the trial and was not implicated legally in Ong's passing.

What I don't get is why did it take 6 months for Vince to get on this? You'd think he would of done it back when, you know....strike when the iron is hot.

You're talking about a guy who just recently took the white thug rapper gimmick and made him a champion. I'm just saying, Vince loves Eminem.

Actually with the guy who got killed. Roland Alexander's (whose is an asshole in the first place) APW was training this kid. Singh who was there helping out, why they let Singh help train I have no fucking clue, gave the guy a slam. I'm not sure what kind of slam it was, I just know this guy got hurt in the first place. The guy told the trainers he was hurt but the trainers and I think Alexander was there as well, not 100% sure if Alexander was there or not but after the kid who told the trainers he was hurt, the trainers told him to take it again. Singh did the move again and the kid took it wrong again but it hurt him much worse, which caused the death of the kid. Those whiplashes, they fucking hurt. They hurt a lot. I've had that happen to me before it made me dizzy for awhile, but i told my trainers I needed a rest and they gave me one. I was considering on going to that school too and after I found out that a trainee was killed there, I changed my mind and started training in a differant promotion. One I feel much safter at. And to be honest, I don't blame Singh on what happen mainly because I don't know if he exacuated it wrong or if the guy just took it wrong. If it was a powerbomb from Singh and depending on how much experiance the guy had, if the guy didn't have that much experiance no one, NO ONE, should have told the trainee to take that powerbomb, espically from a guy the size of Singh. Espically again if the trainee got hurt in the first place. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Alexander is the asshole who told him to take it again, Roland's a piece of shit and I stand by that.

Edited by Scroby

http://www.wrestlingclothesline.com/bramsS.htm

APW showed how much they really, truly cared as they rang a fucking bell at their next show on June 2nd in his "honor" and some of them wore red armbands. Wow. That certainly must have been quite consoling to the poor kid's parents, who watched their child go off to a $6,000.00 wrestling school endlessly touted by its fat fucking carny of an owner as the "best"- just to get killed in front of a bunch of people either too self-absorbed to care or too clueless to see he was in no condition to take any more bumps. It's heartwrenching to imagine having to answer the phone to hear that your son had died- a phone call that no one in APWLand certainly made to Ong's parents- and it's even worse finding out how he died. The class acts in APW are too busy fleecing a couple of naive idiots out of six grand and letting them continue to take bumps from people who clearly have no business performing them in the first place.

According to others, the "locker room" was really upset the night of the Pacifica show, with several people, including Rolo, openly crying. Of course, it didn't stop them from running the show, booking future shows (until that well ran dry- then it was on to those free fair shows), not divulging to anyone HOW Ong died, never mentioning it to future applicants, and most importantly, not bringing the incident up to the representatives from Japan's NOAH wrestling company, who came into town soon afterwards and scooped up several of APW's wrestlers. Certainly, New Japan had no knowledge of this incident when they decided to hire this gassed out freak Singh last year. Organizations like NOAH and New Japan have a certain sense of reality and code of honor, things that are sorely lacking in the APW "boot camp."

Too bad they weren't enough in the loop to know that the suit was served to Rolo on March 8th, 2002, meaning Rolo's known this lawsuit was coming for at least six months, never bothered telling anyone outside of the others who were named in the suit, and that he only, finally, got served on March 8th because he tried so hard previously to avoid being served. They had to track his fat ass down at a fucking fair to serve him. And no one's talking about Rolo's working relationship with a bunch of untrained, wannabe wrestlers who not only have appeared on APW's "See Us for Free" shows, but get to rent out the same ring Brian Ong died in.

The trainers may have been negligent, but Rolo was the one who made them trainers and who hired them in the first place. He also made the stupid, unconscionable, and fateful decision to keep this all quiet just for the sake of attracting more rubes. Rolo's known all along exactly what happened, covered it up just so he can attract more students into his Ring of Death at $6,000.00 a pop- and when it came time to be responsible and deal with the situation like a man, he ran like a scared toddler from being processed. He has no excuses.

Did Singh start out in APW? Because if he did, odds are, Alexander will make 10% off what Singh makes in WWE.

Checking his IMDB page, I found this little gem under a topic called, "BEST FIGHT EVER!! THIS GUY vs KANE"

"This guy,

7'2''

300+lbs

Kane

7''

326lbs

Kane would win, he is an experienced wrestler and will know how to deal with him, this guy thought was tested against New Japan wrestlers and failed miserably. Kane would own this guy bad, Kanes a psycho. And Kane is undefeated against Big Show, Kane picked up big show and threw him over the top rope by himself at the Royal Rumble."

"Dalip Singh is not just 300 + lbs. He said himself in his interview he is 400 lbs. He is a very talented wrestler and i think he could beat kanes BUTT anyday. I think he can take any WWE wrestler , easily !"

They will probably go down the Arab gimmick route with him, get cheap Heel heat. Then he fucks up and they realize he's actually really shit and he gets depushed. After 1 year he's gone, off to "acting"

This guy may suck in the ring, but he is no gigante. He is a legit 7 footer and he has alot of mass and muscles at 400 pds. Yeah probably a bad singing, but should be intresting to watch for 2-3 weeks.

With his movie credits, he should have been brought in as MNMs enforcer.

It uses Giant Singh in the only way you can and it fits with Melina's character to bring in a hollywood "star".