TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

First RAW of 2006 Thread

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/preview/

A McMahon-made RAW

January 2, 2006

With Mr. McMahon still interviewing for the next General Manager of RAW, he took it upon himself to make a huge match based on last week’s events.

Last week on RAW, John Cena defeated Shelton Benjamin but was then unceremoniously attacked by Kurt Angle and Daivari. Seeing the brawl, Mr. McMahon ordered a match for this Monday between Angle and Cena. But it won’t just be a typical match – it’ll be a First Blood Match, which ensures that by its very nature things will get out of hand. Who will leave RAW wearing the crimson mask, and who will walk away victorious? Watch RAW (9/8 CT; USA) to find out.

Also, after his latest devastating loss, Shelton Benjamin received a call on his cell phone. Whoever was on the other end of the line will be coming to see Shelton at this week’s RAW. Who will it be, and can that person help Shelton get off the losing track?

And Shawn Michaels looked seriously concerned as RAW went off the air last week. He had just received a threat from Mr. McMahon, who took exception to HBK’s comments regarding the infamous “Montreal Incident” of 1997. What will HBK have to say this week, and is Mr. McMahon finished with Michaels? Tune in to RAW to find out.

The only way I can see Shelton's mama thing being any good is if they have Artie Lange play his That's My White Mama role.

"Shelton could you go to the store and get me some cheese and crackers."

"Boy Shelton you better win this match or I'll brake my foot off in yo ass."

The word going around is that Charlie Haas has signed a new WWE deal and may return as soon as tonight's TV taping in East Rutherford, New Jersey to the Raw brand. There had been rumors of Haas' return floating around for several weeks, which had been shot down by sources PWInsider.com had spoken to as late as last week. As it turns out, those sources were wrong and I apologize for last week's error.

Haas and his wife Jackie Gayda were both released from WWE on 7/6/05. Gayda later signed with TNA. In a July 2005 WrestlingWeekly.com interview, Haas stated he wouldn't return to the company even if he was invited back, saying if he ever went back, he wanted it to "be under his own terms." Haas had been working regularly for Jersey All Pro Wrestling (where he first broke in as a tag team with his late brother Russ) since his WWE departure.

Haas had been openly vocal against WWE writer Dave Lagana, who heads up the Smackdown side after this release, which may explain why he's being brought to Raw. It's possible Haas could be used as part of Shelton Benjamin's new storyline, but that isn't confirmed.

I sure hope that is true, especially that last part:

It's possible Haas could be used as part of Shelton Benjamin's new storyline, but that isn't confirmed.

Why would Shelton call RVD though? Have they ever had any kind of storyline connection? How about Haas instead?

I mean I am not saying it's LIKELY it is RVD, but it being his mom would just be lame, if it was Hass that would be another big let down, I mean seriously can you already imagine the LACK of crowd reaction for Haas? I am just thinking of how they might re-introduce RVD...unless RVD goes right for the guy who attacked him before he left.

Didn't Shelton say "Love you too" or something to that effect to the person at the other side of the line? It could be seen as odd if he said something like that to RVD or Charlie Haas.

The whole "Mr McMahon" thing is sooooo outrageously old. I wonder if he "interviews" another diva.

Vince:"Wow, Victoria....your breasts are......HUUUUUUUGE....but since you don't know how to please Mr. McMahon by continuing to be a 'wrestler'..........YOU'RRRRRRRRRRRE FIIIIIRRRRRRREDDDDDD!"

The whole "Mr McMahon" thing is sooooo outrageously old. I wonder if he "interviews" another diva.

Vince:"Wow, Victoria....your breasts are......HUUUUUUUGE....

snl_tinyelvis1.jpg

:huh:

The problem with it being Haas, is that no one would care, I am not saying Haas coming back is a bad thing in itself, it is just that to use a "suprise" cliff hanger situation to bring back freakin' Charlie Haas will be seen by the fans as another letdown.

Trying to remember...

When's the last time Kurt Angle bled in a match?

Cena I'm sure was at Judgment Day against JBL...maybe there was one between that that's escaping my mind.

Why would he be against Haas coming back though? Everyone always reacts when their parents/in-laws say they are coming, and the fact that they were looking for someone to play Shelton's mom last month says something

I'd say it's obvious that he was talking to "mama" on the phone. What could happen, is that she'll show up tonight and tell Shelton that she took it upon herself to call and old friend and ask him to come back to help Shelton straighten out once again...and then enters Hass.

Now what I'd really like to see happen is the reformation of Team Angle, to battle Cena, but I doubt we'll see that. I can imagine Angle and Shelton running into one another backstage early in the show, then later in the night in the Angle/Cena match we see TWGTT run in and help Angle destroy Cena.

Now that would make my night.

you guys do know that they really are introducing a character called "Shelton Benjamin's mama". It's not RVD or Haas or any kind of swerve, it's an actual actress they hired from LA that they expect big things from.

Guest Nathan

Considering how poor of a year Shelton had, I'd much rather see WGTT helping the lacking tag team division.

Come the fuck on. Shelton in Team Angle, or at least just with Hass once again, would be about a million times better for him than what we've seen over the last year or so.

It isn't like the guy is going to be a main event anytime soon, even if they do push him.

all I'm saying is, the consensus wants to see the man get elevated into uppercard territory, how is he going to accomplish that running errands for Angle or dinking around in a dead tag team division? That's REGRESSION.

New Years Revolution

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters vs. Carlito vs. Kane (Elimination Chamber Match)

Big Show vs. Triple H

Intercontinental Champion Ric Flair vs. Edge

Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James

What else can be added to this?

New Years Revolution

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters vs. Carlito vs. Kane (Elimination Chamber Match)

Big Show vs. Triple H

Intercontinental Champion Ric Flair vs. Edge

Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James

What else can be added to this?

They could always give Chavo a match. He's due, dammit. :angry:

Man would I mark out for Team Angle. Haas may be a letdown in your eyes but not in my eyes. Besides, why does it have to be something big, as if his mom is not going to be a letdown. Shelton/Haas versus Kane/Big Show at WrestleMania would REALLY work for me. I'm afraid the WWE isn't that smart though.

Add Shelton Benjamin versus Chavo Guerrero to that card.

:D

Vince:"Wow, Victoria....your breasts are......HUUUUUUUGE....

snl_tinyelvis1.jpg

:huh:

thank you for that pic LMAO TINY ELVIS YEA

I really like that "thats my white mama idea" that would so rule and I would forgive wwe creative if they did that :D

Of course they could always get the actress who played Harriette on Family Matters for the role. Then Urkel could do a run-in at WM 22 with Carl and Eddie as backup :asshole2:

The problem with it being Haas, is that no one would care, I am not saying Haas coming back is a bad thing in itself, it is just that to use a "suprise" cliff hanger situation to bring back freakin' Charlie Haas will be seen by the fans as another letdown.

I agree . It being his Mom would also be lame as hell . RVD is a long shot but I can hope .