TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

2006 NFL Off-Season

So theres two teams that don't need coaches no more.

Vikings: Brad Childress

Chiefs: Herman Edwards

And also FFMS, why would the Saints take Leinart over Young? Young is proven to be a better playmaker, and will draw fans from all over North America to watch.

Vince Young = $$$$$$$$$$$$

Because Leinart's skills are better suited for the NFL, and I don't think the Saints want another Aaron Brooks.

Has anyone else noticed this draft is filled with a lot of projects at the top of the board and the guys who seem very ready for the NFL are being projected lower like in the late first to early second round?

Just the big names alone have flaws.

Young (if he decides to come out): His mechanics are suspect for the NFL and he hasn't grasped the whole sliding thing yet

Leinart: Seems VERY slow to get his head into games and has extremely limited mobility if any at all

Bush: Question on whether or not he can be a 20-25 carry guy in the NFL, leaving him as basically a third down back or converted WR if he can't.

Seems like all the top picks this year that have more major questions than I can remember in a draft class.

Guest Leelee
Seems like all the top picks this year that have more major questions than I can remember in a draft class.

I think in previous years when all sports networks weren't about hyping certain players... I doubt we'd even see players like Vince Young be thought of as Top 5 picks.

Young's not going to be a good NFL player, and they've already tried and failed with a running QB.

Why don't the Saints give McPherson a shot? I thought he was on Arizona but then I checked and sure enough he is in New Orleans. He's like Brooks only much more accurate, stronger arm and decent speed. I think he'd be much better for them than going for Matt with the pick. They should go after A.J Hawk or another defensive player. Hell, a few offensive linemen couldn't hurt either.

And don't the Raiders need a running back more than a quarterback? Granted they need both but maybe having a ground game to eat clock and keep the defensive line from getting winded by halftime would help them more. Just snag Cutler or Jacobs late and get a running back early. If Williams is still on the board, pick him.

Edited by 2GOLD

I don't really know why McPherson isn't getting a shot, which means that they think that Brooks, Leinart or Young is better for the job. Either way, they need Haloti Ngata more than anything.

The Raiders fucked up by signing Lamont Jordan and their playcalling is and always has been atrocious.

Edited by Kingofthe909

Guest Leelee

I hope the Bills or Cards take Cutler... I think he's a much better pro prospect than Leinart or Young. But, the Bills would almost certainly take Ngata if he falls to them at #8. Cards, who knows... they need help everywhere except WR. And it will be a guaranteed bust.

Juniors who have declared for the NFL Draft:

Stanley McClover, DE, Auburn

Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green

Chad Jackson, WR, Florida

Richard Marshall, CB, Fresno State

Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State

Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon

Greg Lee, WR, Pittsburgh

Maurice Drew, RB, UCLA

Frigid, or any Pat fan for that matter, hows Eric Mangini? The Jets have him at the top of their list of head coaching candidates.

He's a good coach but by no means is he ready to become a head coach. This was his first season as defensive coordinator and their were rumors that Bill took the reings away from him at times due to his coverages getting killed. He might be a great coach one day but that day isn't any time soon.

These mock drafts on the web that have been predicting the Eagles going WR at #14 are idiotic. The again, they've predicting that for the past 2 years and they've been wrong too. I don't think Ngata will fall to them, so they might take DTs Orien Harris from Miami or Claude Wroten from LSU. I would love to see them grab Marcus McNeill if he's there because Tra Thomas is done and I don't think Runyan will be back next year.

I think that Young needs to ride the bench his first season and learn from a vet. I think that'd really improve his overall game.

I agree. Which is why I want him to go to the Titans, Steve McNair would be a perfect teacher for him.

Edited by EvanderHolyfieldsMissingEar

damn King, take up a whole page why don'tcha hehe

Why go pro though? Probably because his draft status couldn't get higher. He's a top 3 pick right now and can get paid very well. What happens if he suffers an injury in his senior season? No need to take the chance.

These mock drafts on the web that have been predicting the Eagles going WR at #14 are idiotic. The again, they've predicting that for the past 2 years and they've been wrong too. I don't think Ngata will fall to them, so they might take DTs Orien Harris from Miami or Claude Wroten from LSU. I would love to see them grab Marcus McNeill if he's there because Tra Thomas is done and I don't think Runyan will be back next year.

Claude Wroten isn't going in the first round anymore...

He got arrested shortly after the Peach Bowl and there are questions about what charges could be filed.

Why go pro though? Probably because his draft status couldn't get higher. He's a top 3 pick right now and can get paid very well. What happens if he suffers an injury in his senior season? No need to take the chance.

I just hate when kids go pro so that they can sit.

I just hate when kids go pro so that they can sit.

It didn't hurt Palmer. Okay, well he got hurt today but you know what i mean.

He was a senior when he left, in case you didn't know.

Sorry, I thought you meant you didn't like people sitting. Didn't see that part.

I thought I had implied that I meant underclassmen, if you didn't understand, that's my fault.