TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

2006 NFL Off-Season

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Where did they put Carolina when they came into the league? Maybe that's it.

Not to nitpick AoO's post because he's pretty much right, but the Niners didn't have the Cards in their division. The Cards moved to the West after the introduction of Houston Texans.

Hey, you're right. Who was the other team in that division? I'm having trouble remembering back that far..

Niners, LA Rams, Saints, Falcons..was that it? Seems like there was five.

I felt kind of dirty defending Brady like that, considering I hate the fucking Patriots.

There were only four for the entire 80s run. The Panthers were the fifth, but they weren't added until well into the 90s.

I still think Brady's sample size is a tad too small to really start comparing him to the greats in the sport. 2006 is only his fifth full year as a starter, after all. He did start as kind of a dink and dunk passer, but that's what the gameplans called for. Since they opened up the offense in the last few years, he's shown that he's up to the task.

Tom Brady is a good QB, but you have to wait until his career is done before we can assess whether he is better then some of the HOF QBs out there. If Brady never happens to get to another Super Bowl, and has to play his years ahead on a .500 or sub .500 team, then people will quickly forget about his three championships. I am not saying Brady isn't great, but there is a reason why the HOF selection takes place five years AFTER retirement.

Tom Brady is a good QB, but you have to wait until his career is done before we can assess whether he is better then some of the HOF QBs out there. If Brady never happens to get to another Super Bowl, and has to play his years ahead on a .500 or sub .500 team, then people will quickly forget about his three championships. I am not saying Brady isn't great, but there is a reason why the HOF selection takes place five years AFTER retirement.

I'm not so sure about that. Joe Namath didn't do much of anything outside of Super Bowl III, and people remember him.

As for Brady, he proved last year that he is a Top 5 QB in the NFL. Other than Peyton Manning & Carson Palmer, I can't think of a QB I'd rather have right now.

in all fairness to Peyton, this latest choke job wasn't entirely his fault...

While that may be true, I believe the post-game interview where he threw his teammates under the bus demonstrates more of why he's a playoff-loser QB than his bad on-field performances in playoffs past

I can go along with Duncan being better than Malone...although Duncan did have a hell of a supporting cast.

Although this isn't a Basketball discusion. Malone had the best PG of the decade, and a very good bench. If you wanted to put up an argument, you should've said Duncan never played in the Jordan era.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
best headline of the day, from Packersnews.com: Favre bangs calf. I'm quite sure that's illegal in Wisconsin.

Gold?

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=173258&hubname=

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060804/referees_38577.jpg[/img]

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - NFL referees will have a new look this season.

Gone are the traditional vertical black-and-white stripes that have been a staple of the league seemingly since its inception and which live on in apparel stores and DJ booths countrywide.

Taking its place is a flashier look that features wide white and thin black stripes that flare around the shoulders and upper arms.

In addition to giving their annual lecture on rules changes for the upcoming season, several referees debuted the new threads this week at New York Giants training camp.

Not everyone was enamoured of the new look.

"They should be riding on a horse at Saratoga," one spectator cracked Thursday while watching the officials oversee a practice session.

Guest Vitamin X

Eh, I don't care. Looks like a soccer jersey, almost.

It's one of those things that's kind of cool to change, because then you can look back at the referees in older games and they'll have "the retro look" now.

Let's hope the shitty officiating died with the old uniforms.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=173258&hubname=

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060804/referees_38577.jpg[/img]

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - NFL referees will have a new look this season.

Gone are the traditional vertical black-and-white stripes that have been a staple of the league seemingly since its inception and which live on in apparel stores and DJ booths countrywide.

Taking its place is a flashier look that features wide white and thin black stripes that flare around the shoulders and upper arms.

In addition to giving their annual lecture on rules changes for the upcoming season, several referees debuted the new threads this week at New York Giants training camp.

Not everyone was enamoured of the new look.

"They should be riding on a horse at Saratoga," one spectator cracked Thursday while watching the officials oversee a practice session.

I was just about to say how fucking ugly those ref uniforms are. I scared my girlfriend because I screamed at how ugly they are.

Caught the first quarter on the radio when I was in the car. Starters looked great apparently, and the Eagles ran the ball really well.

Yeah the starters only played one drive, but it lead to a Touchdown, so good job.

By the way, believe it or not the man in in you avi, didn't look too bad also.

Well I finally saw the game last night. The Eagles starting offense looked good......for the one drive they played.

Garcia should be decent as long as he never has to start.

I was a little disappointed they didn't get more work for the first team offense to see what the WRs can do, but I guess that is a byproduct of playing your first two games in a 4 day span (thank you NFL schedulers). They need to find out if Baskett is a TCWonder or an actual cog for this season.

Go to ESPN to find the link, but its looking like Dayne and Tatum aren't gonna be starter for the Broncos this upcoming season. Apparently undrafted running back Mike Bell has been turning heads and has been proclaimed the #1 heading into the pre-season opener.

Now before anyone tells me, so what. Upon reading the TC reports, it is being reported that Mikey (as I'll call him) is currently turning a lot of heads right now and Coach Shanny has proclaimed him to be "just like TD". Now I don't know about you, but if Shanny's calling someone like TD, I would highly say that him having the starting job shows that Shanny might just make him the #1 period.

Guest Princess Leena

I've read the Mike Bell rumors for a couple weeks now, too. Decent sleeper.

But, Shanahan said the same about Mike Anderson last year. And Tinkerbell still ended getting up about as many carries.

I've learned to just ignore Denver's RB situation.

And the Bills release James Posey. Disappointing... but, not much else they could do with him. Posey will stick on with another team. I could even see him with the Pats.