5. World Tag Team champion, Kane.

6. Trevor Murdoch.

7. Viscera.

8. Shawn Michaels.

9. World Tag Team champion, Big Show.

10. "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters.

11. Carlito Carribean Cool.

12. The Coach.

13. WWE Intercontinental champion, Ric Flair.

14. Eugene.

15. Goldust.

Smackdown entries

1. Bobby Lashley.

2. Sylvan Grenier.

3. Chris Benoit.

4. Randy Orton.

5. Rey Mysterio.

6. Matt Hardy.

7. Orlando Jordan.

8. Simon Dean.

9. Road Warrior Animal.

10. WWE Tag Team champion, Joey Mercury.

11. WWE Tag Team champion, Johnny Nitro.

12. WWE United States champion, Booker T.

13. Super Crazy.

14. Psicosis.

15. Tatanka.

WWE Title Match

Edge (with Lita) .VS. John Cena.

World Heavyweight Title Match

Kurt Angle .VS. "The World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry (with Daivari).

Singles Match

J.B.L. (with Jillian Hall) .VS. The Boogeyman.

WWE Cruiserweight Title, "Open Invitational" Match

Kid Kash .VS. Funaki .VS. Nunzio .VS. Paul London .VS. Jamie Noble .VS. Gregory Helms.

Singles Match, with "Special Guest Referee" WWE Women's champion Trish Stratus

Mickie James .VS. Ashley.

I'd assume that Boogeyman vs JBL will be on the card, although I'd rather see them both in the Rumble itself. Maybe they'll fight in a singles match AND be in the Rumble? I've heard Michaels vs Cena is going to be the RAW Main Event.

I've heard Michaels vs Cena is going to be the RAW Main Event.

If that is true, then something big is on the horizon or vince and company are farther gone than I ever thought possible.

If Cena can't maintain his popularity fighting Angle, then what do they think will happen if they match him up against Shawn if everything with those two stays as is?

A little off topic, but since there is a little talk of Cena's overness in this thread, I thought I would bring this up. From a sheer crowd reaction standpoint, I am craving an RVD vs Cena match. That would be a quick way to guage Cena's popularity. RVD's godlike overness vs Cena's "dropping more and more by the week" overness. However, when you have the crowd popping for DAIVARI interfering on Angle's behalf, you know things arent looking good.

Back to the topic though, I really can't pick a rumble winner thus far, even though there are rumors of an Orton victory. Last year it was for sure it would be either Batista or Cena pulling off the win. The year before you KNEW Benoit would go the distance, Brock in '03, etc. However this year there really isn't anyone thats being prepared to go to the next level. I've been praying to the wrestling gods for an Undertaker victory though, just because I am dying for Batista vs 'Taker.

I'm guessing Batista will go over Mark Henry in a fairly short match, and Cena will continue to defy the odds and beat HBK in what should be a good one. One thing I've been wondering though is just how many times is WWE willing to let Angle do the job to Cena. You know thats got to be pissing off Angle.

Are they seriously going with Batista v. Henry at Rumble?

Damn. I think all of us will be praying that one is quick.

I don't mind Henry/Batista. They have to kill some time and Batista needs to stay credible. We all know Henry is not winning the belt, that would just be stupid.

I'm almost sure a Smackdown! superstar is going to win the Royal Rumble although I think a RAW superstar should win because most people watch RAW and they need to turn this whole Cena thing into something positive. I would really like to see HBK/Cena at WrestleMania. That is the only match that is left for Cena that would interest me as WWE Champion and maybe against HHH but he has been in the spotlight too much. I just want a HBK Heel turn or a Cena Heel turn.

Batista .VS. "The World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry (with Melina).

I can only hope we'll get a re-run of Lesnar/Holly from Royal Rumble '04.

Let's hope Henry doesn't unintentionally injure Batista, given his record of sloppy matches.

Guest Rrrsh

Edge using is MotB shot at the Rumble would suck. Not as bad than on a random RAW, but he needs to use it for WrestleMania or right after a Title match.

Its the only thing that makes sense now that he has waited 10 months.

I can only hope we'll get a re-run of Triple H/Steiner from Royal Rumble '03.

Don't say that.

That means we'll have TWO PPV matches between the two of them insted of just one.

This will probably be the card

Royal Rumble Match

World Heavyweight Title: Kurt Angle vs. Mark Henry with Angle hopefully destroying Henry easily, after the PPV Angle turns Heel again because he's obviously the Face here

WWE Title: Cena vs. Edge, if Cena wins the belt back, then I don't know why he lost it. Edge should win this match, Cena gets pissed at the fans and the fact that he lost the match, Hogan shows up on RAW, Cena attacks Hogan, full blown Heel

JBL vs. The Boogeyman, I think they will book this match although I would like to see both men in the Rumble match, especially the Boogeyman. I would love to see JBL first be afraid then think fuck it and just beat the shit out of him. Boogeyman is done, release the fucker.

WWE Tag Team Titles: MNM vs. The Mexicools, give them a real title shot now. Another one at NWO and then a big 4-way Tag Match or something at WM

=====

3 matches suck on this card but the Rumble has loads of possible winners

One positive that came from Batista's injury is that the Rumble winner is no longer limited to Orton or Triple H as they were going to be challengers going to WrestleMania. So it's either Triple H on the Raw side and a few possibilities on Smackdown.

I just hope to god Rey dosen't win this.

It's gonna be Orton or Rey. Or my mad dark horse pick of VEEE-ONNNE-AHHH, of course.

Guest SickMoveFiend

You are fucking joking arent you.

I can only hope they do a re-run of Benoit/Angle from Royal Rumble 03. That was a much better main event.

I can't help but think we'll have Cena lose via some screwy means at the Rumble. Then dare I say he'll face Hogan at WM, since I've heard Hogan wants to work with Cena. If Cena faces Hogan at WM, it might cause a chain reaction of events here:

--Edge/HHH makes absolutely no sense as a heel/heel matchup. HHH can easily start a feud with someone like JBL (what's he doing at WM anyway?) since WM needs some interpromotional matches.

--Shawn still might end up dicking around with Vince at WM, for reasons that elude me.

--Orton can either go after or defend the US title against the likes of Benoit, Booker, etc. Him going after the world title right now doesn't have any context and he's also totally heatless.

--I'd have UT win the Rumble and go on to WM to face Angle. That match has never been on a PPV to my knowledge and I've heard Angle wants to face UT (in fact he wanted it last year).

--As far as the tag matches, I'm not sure. Maybe either an interpromotional match (Rey/Matt vs. Show/Kane or perhaps just do MNM/Rey and Matt and Show/Kane vs. Shelton and a returning Haas).

--Thing is, if Edge does in fact hold the title till WM who would he face? At this point there's really only one guy not booked that will be over as a face on Raw....Rob Van Dam. There would be enough draw type matches on the PPV to where this doesn't have to draw all the money, not with Angle/UT, Hogan/Cena, and Vince/Shawn. It's a good chance to elevate both men.

It really depends which version of the Undertaker shows up because their smackdown match on the 4th of july was an great match. If it's the puro/mmataker, then you will get a good match out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them put Hogan/Cena together against TBS/Kane as a SUPER TAG TEAM match and use that to build up to Cena/Hogan match later down the road, although I don't think Hogan would want to share the spotlight.

The Raw side of things appeared secure a couple weeks ago but with Angle going over to Smackdown and Edge taking the title...it's sort of up in the air.

Cena/Edge/Michaels/HHH could happen, I really feel like the Cena/Triple H deal will not occur. I also can't honestly see Edge going into WM as the champion of the main event title match.

I still don't understand why WWE isn't trying to talk Hogan into working with Orton for Mania. It would make perfect sense.

What do they do with the IC title? A part of me fears they will keep the title on Flair and he will defend it against Masters.

As for the rumble? It was seemingly dead set for Orton or HHH to win but now Undertaker and Mysterio have crept up to the "could win" sentiments.

The Mania programs should bet setting up but it looks like they don't even know what to book for the rumble.

Batista's injury and Cena's heel heat really fucked WWE's plans.

Hey, can anybody hunt up last years Royal Rumble thread and start up that contest we ran last year? That was good fun.