TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

OAO Royal Rumble Thread Jan/29th/06

I think they'll try to put Masters over midmatch in a "cleaning the ring" type spot

My money is on Lashley having this spot...in fact, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to see him single handedly eliminating Kane, Big Show or even both.

I think they'll sacrifice Bobby to Mark Henry again to give both guys something to do once Henry's moved away from the top of the card. Will he eliminate one of those two before then? Possibly, but I still think he'll have less of a run than any of the other hosses on the roster. Having said that, they'll probably let him be one of the final four to spite me.

Mark Henry is also participating in the Rumble?

I say it's 50/50 that he gets the last SD spot or replaces Booker if he can't work because there's really no benefit to giving it to The Undertaker if he's going to lose. Henry could easily lose a quick match and then get one of the last spots and get his heat back by tossing out a fan favorite or two. Granted that's not likely but you never can tell with the WWE.

I think they'll try to put Masters over midmatch in a "cleaning the ring" type spot

My money is on Lashley having this spot...in fact, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to see him single handedly eliminating Kane, Big Show or even both.

I think they'll sacrifice Bobby to Mark Henry again to give both guys something to do once Henry's moved away from the top of the card. Will he eliminate one of those two before then? Possibly, but I still think he'll have less of a run than any of the other hosses on the roster. Having said that, they'll probably let him be one of the final four to spite me.

Mark Henry is also participating in the Rumble?

I say it's 50/50 that he gets the last SD spot or replaces Booker if he can't work because there's really no benefit to giving it to The Undertaker if he's going to lose. Henry could easily lose a quick match and then get one of the last spots and get his heat back by tossing out a fan favorite or two. Granted that's not likely but you never can tell with the WWE.

JBL would be more likely to do that bit rather then Henry.

True, I'm just thinking that it would be silly to have Henry built up like a monster and then kill him off in a 5-10 minute match which is basically what I see happening on Sunday. The only way that they could easily have him maintain his tenuous spot aside from what I said earlier would be for Rey to win the Rumble, and have Henry fight him for the title shot at NWO considering his recent record against Rey. I don't think either option is good mind you, but at this point SD can't really afford to make another heel look like shit considering the recent damage done to Orton & JBL.

last year, did Angle wrestle a match in addition to his brief moment in the Rumble (after stealing Guido's number)?

January 30, 2005 - Royal Rumble: John Bradshaw Layfield beat The Big Show and Kurt Angle in a 3-WAY to retain the WWE title..

~~~Shawn Michaels was eliminted from the Royal Rumble match by Kurt Angle, who came back and tossed Michaels!

~~~Kurt Angle then assualted Shawn Michaels at ringside, ramming him into the ring steps and applying the anklelock!

Given the way the HHH has been booked over the past 5-6 years, does anyone else feel like the RR match is beneath him? I can find no reason why they he would participate in the RR match other than it's makes more sense in kayfabe for him to win the RR match, and then win the belt at WM, than him just saying "give me a shot at the title at WM" out of the blue.

any word on who's gonna call the Rumble its self? Last time I saw it was Tazz and JR, but that's obviously not gonna happen. Is it gonna be Styles and Tazz?

Probably. Even though Styles is not in JR's league in terms of play-by-play commentating!(which he acknowleged himself on WWE.com)

P.S. Tazz kicks ass!!!!!

I hope they don't have the same announcers as in the Survivor Series Main Event. That was just horrible, everybody was talking at the same time. Just have Styles do it with Tazz, that would be fine. Also, The Undertaker is winning :P

Guest J0bber

It was announced on Velocity that Kid Kash will fight in an Open Challenge defending the Cruserweight title.

So, will the Cruiser Invitational be like WM XX or No Way Out 05's matches? If so, it'll most definitely suck due to them cramming about five matches into 10 minutes.

Guest nokia

A new match has been added

Kid Kash defends the cruiserweight title in a "Cruiserweight invitational"..

It was announced on Velocity that Kid Kash will fight in an Open Challenge defending the Cruserweight title.

?

Kid Kash is cruiserweight champ?

Kid Kash is in the WWE?

I had no idea....

Guest J0bber

?

Kid Kash is cruiserweight champ?

Kid Kash is in the WWE?

I had no idea....

I barely had an idea either. That's how poorly the Cruserweight belt is being perceived.

Guest Princess Leena

But the CW title is only shown on that internet show. Daivari is too cute for that. And funny.

I'm also excited for the Rumble.

I'm really excited for the Rumble match, but the rest I could care less about. Plus, I've been watching all the Rumble matches this week for the hell of it.

Guest J0bber
I'm really excited for the Rumble match, but the rest I could care less about. Plus, I've been watching all the Rumble matches this week for the hell of it.

The only match besides the Rumble that has somewhat of an interesting story is Edge/Cena. They don't even care about Rumble title matches anymore with guys like Holly and Henry in them.

Smackdown can get away with that though. Having 2 really hyped title matches is overkill on the Rumble, where the Rumble itself should be the main storyline.

Why does everyone think HHH is simply going to win this thing or do jack shit at WM? There's simply no logical place for it considering a few things:

1. I can't see them jobbing out Edge to Cena, given that Edge has done his "I'm not a transition champion!" interview and WWE has also touted how well the ratings have been with him as champ. Note the Rumble TV ads proclaim "The Rated R Superstar's title reign begins!"

2. HHH/Edge at WM makes no sense whatsoever and this also leaves Cena with nothing to do (and I doubt they put him in a position to get trashed by the crowd vs. Hogan).

3. According to Meltzer they still want to do HHH/Cena at WM.

I'm expecting HHH to be tossed by The Big Show and Kane, or maybe Rey in a shocker. Him winning it makes no sense at a time when they have a serious chance to elevate some new people.

Logic and HHH's selfish desires don't always go hand in hand. HHH/Cena at WM, even as a non title match would likely overshadow the two title matches regardless of who was involved, so that could also be his idea of getting around actually winning the Rumble itself. I still don't think any plans have been finalized, but if something I read elsewhere that Rey would win the Rumble and still NOT get his shot at WM (Orton would), then I think it's safe to say that they've completely lost their collective minds.

I'm against Rey Mysterio winning the Royal Rumble if only for the fact that months of his awkward, seemingly scripted "tributes" to Eddie will follow. Rey's mask-shedding "confessional" or whatever to Eddie on the tribute RAW was bad enough (even though the match against Michaels was phenominal, IMO).

I'd prefer Benoit winning and going on to face Angle.

My dream scenario is Benoit vs Angle vs Mystery Opponent who ends up being a newly drafted Chris Jericho upon the 6 year anniversery of their WM2000 3-Way.

Or Angle vs Benoit on a 5 year anniversery.

Guest zetableh

Hardy has a staph infection. Any ideas on what WWE is gonna do there, with him and maybe his spot

Hardy has a staph infection. Any ideas on what WWE is gonna do there, with him and maybe his spot

Are staph infections the 2006 version of the neck injury? Only one month in and it has put Hardy and Joe on the shelf.

Guest tony manero

There's NO WAY Benoit is winning. Not even close.

Rey Mysterio is winning. Get used to it.

If they do decide to go with Tazz and Styles I hope they leave the stupid RAW vs SD talk for most of the match. I LOVED Tazz and JR in their first Ruble but the second one they did was all about "Yeah, its a RAW guy" or "Yeah a SD guy threw out a RAW guy". It really got on my nerves. And the commentating for the main event of Survivor Series was awful. I just want Styles (best play by play in any WWE main show) and Tazz calling the matches.

I think Orton's gonna win, but the final four is anybody's guess!!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!