TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Minor Weird Things Wrestlers Have Done

OK, watching WrestleMania IV right now (what can I say, I like that Mania), and something in it made me think.

What are some weird minor things wrestlers have done over the years.

The example I'll use here is with Randy Savage and Elizabeth...as they decided to wear different attire in each of Savage's four matches. No real reason for it, just every time they came out Savage wore different ring attire, and Liz wore a different dress.

I always found Jarrett, Jericho, and Piper (to name a few) taping their wrists despite wearing street clothes and not wrestling to be really strange.

Well, for someone like Piper, I could see it working in the fact that his character was the type that was liable to get in a fight at any time.

A bit of wrist tape or elbow pads with your street clothes makes a hell of a lot more sense than someone wearing tights for everything. The tape can be reasoned as being prepared for anything, tights everywhere is excessive. Almost as dumb is the recent WWE trend of everyone fighting in suits.

Since it was brought up I have to ask...what the hell is up with those damn fanny packs anyways...you don't see it so much anymore but damn...they took pictures and went on tv with those stupid things like they had no clue how stupid they looked...I always figured that's where they keep their roids

Scott Hall, whether Razor Ramon or just his own self, always wore two different elbow pads. One all gimmicked out (with razors or blood or whatever on them) and another that was much smaller and completely black. It bugged the crap out of me (mainly because I'd try to create him with CAWs on wrestling games and they didn't have the technology to edit each arm individually at the time.)

Scott Hall, whether Razor Ramon or just his own self, always wore two different elbow pads. One all gimmicked out (with razors or blood or whatever on them) and another that was much smaller and completely black. It bugged the crap out of me (mainly because I'd try to create him with CAWs on wrestling games and they didn't have the technology to edit each arm individually at the time.)

Speaking along those lines...

I chuckled when, in a ladder match in WCW against Goldberg (I think it was Goldberg), Hall, under his Outsider's style elbow pad...had a Razor Ramon style elbow pad.

Justin Credible had something that looked like a bandanna or a handkerchief hanging out of his trouser pocket when he was in TNA and ROH. Don't ask me why...

Justin Credible had something that looked like a bandanna or a handkerchief hanging out of his trouser pocket when he was in TNA and ROH. Don't ask me why...

Yeah, I always figured Credible for the type who'd be holding onto the handkerchief.

Speaking along those lines...

I chuckled when, in a ladder match in WCW against Goldberg (I think it was Goldberg), Hall, under his Outsider's style elbow pad...had a Razor Ramon style elbow pad.

I remember that! It really bothered me at the time and I couldn't get past it.

On Stern this morning they said Hogan shaves his ass and back with wrestling tape and some japanese style stick.

Edited by Angle-plex

This probably doesn't fit but since it's minor, I'll share.

I was watching an old ep of Challenge from 1986. Volkoff, Sheik, and Hercules are scheduled to be "in action" in a 6-man tag presumably against jobbers. They're in the ring singing the anthem when Cpl. Kirchner's music blares out to interrupt as he leads in his troop comprising of . . .

Salvatore Bellomo and Jim Powers.

Just funny to see jobbers get an entrance w/ music and even run off the bad guys. Of course 2 minutes later, Powers was submitting to Herc's backbreaker.

A bit of wrist tape or elbow pads with your street clothes makes a hell of a lot more sense than someone wearing tights for everything. The tape can be reasoned as being prepared for anything, tights everywhere is excessive. Almost as dumb is the recent WWE trend of everyone fighting in suits.

Hah, I always love that Chris Benoit is ALWAYS in tights. When he just comes out for an interview: tights. When he came over from Smackdown to Raw after Royal Rumble '04 to surprise HHH/HBK: tights. But then again, are YOU going to give fashion advice to Benoit? They probably just let him be...

Last night at NYR, Shelton's mama is looking for food for him in the locker room, when suddenly the room lights red and Viscera's music hits... IT'S VISCERA. How many other wrestlers get full entrances for locker room appearances?

In the same angle later in the show, Shelton is in the ring with his mama, all ready for a match. First, Shelton just wants Big Vis to apologize, but when mama challenges him to a match, Shelton is surprised and wants no part of the behemoth. I'm sure he was saying in his head, "At least I'm in my tights."

Somebody needs to call the fashion police when wrestlers decided to wear leather vests as wrestling attire.

Edited by razazteca

Flair has lost all his fashion sense. You have to color-coordinate the robe and the trunks! Except, I liked when he wore the red trunks with the black and silver robe. Everything else, you have to have the same colors. Plus, there are only a few colors I like Flair in. Purple, red, yellow, and light blue. I didn't like his green outfit. His robes now are so ugly. I know his old costume designer died, but these WWE designers are not picking up the slack.

You see, like this robe:

flairrazor.jpg

Definitely the best. This one:

37.jpg

Good, but only with red trunks. This would be the lone exception to the color-match rule.

34.jpg

I liked this yellow one. He wore this at Beach Blast '93 when he beat Windham for the NWA title.

I also liked the red robe he wore at WM8. High quality stuff as well.

Did anyone else notice at NYR that Edge apparently wore a blue thong under his tights (during the match with Flair, it somehow came over the top of his tights)? Ugh. That was just as bad as HHH and Angle having their thongs exposed a few years ago.

Did anyone else notice at NYR that Edge apparently wore a blue thong under his tights (during the match with Flair, it somehow came over the top of his tights)? Ugh. That was just as bad as HHH and Angle having their thongs exposed a few years ago.

Two words: Scott Steiner

I can't remember the exact circumstances, but Eddie Guerrero came to the ring in a tux, and took the shirt and jacket off but kept the bowtie on while he wrestled

HHH's little lavender pair of underwear shown after Steiner beat him up and ripped his clothes off disturbed me more.