Saturday, January 28th

Bogey's World Bar & Billiard

3250 Cremazie East, Corner of St-Michel & Cremazie

Near Metro St-Michel

Doors Open 7:30, Show Starts 9pm

Tickets $15 Regular, $20 VIP

For tickets contact Llakor - [email protected]

18+ Card and Times Subject to Change

You may have noticed on the IWS message board, the new Strong Style Typings section of the board.

1. Why "Strong Style Typings"?

It's inspired by the fact that Homicide supposedly broke his keyboard writing his explanation for why he had Dan Maff blackballed.

2. What is "Strong Style Typings"?

Last year, for most shows I would start a thread with more or less daily updates for each show. This year as part of my New Year's Resolutions, I have decided to do a daily blog and I will do my daily updates as part of that as well as my When We Were Marks stuff, some film stuff and other personal musings and works in progress like my novels.

3. How do I get access to "Strong Style Typings"?

Send me an e-mail to [email protected] and I will add you to the list. Please include your username for the IWS messageboard. (You will have to register to the board to get a username if you haven't already done so.)

Beef to Quit?

During Season's Beatings, the normally easy-going Beef Wellington announced that he was sick and tired of Kevin Steen and El Generico ducking him with the help of PCP Crazy F'N Manny.

Beef issued an ultimatum:

Either Steen and El Generico faced him and Damian at Praise the Violence or Beef would toss in his tassels for good and go home permanently, quitting the IWS for good.

I spoke to Beef last night and he confirmed that while he made that threat in anger, he stands by it and if he has to quit the IWS, he will.

I am waiting for a call from Manny to see what he has to say on this issue.

Guest Happy Go Nowhere
1. Why "Strong Style Typings"?

It's inspired by the fact that Homicide supposedly broke his keyboard writing his explanation for why he had Dan Maff blackballed.

Awesome'd~!

Finally Green vs. Oil

They were the Odd Couple of the IWS, the Green Phantom and the Baby Oil Phenom, EXesS. Despite their differences, they became IWS tag team champions. When they lost those titles and their team fell apart, they never resolved those differences.

Now, more than two years after losing their IWS tag team titles to Extreme Revolution, EXesS and the Green Phantom will meet for only the second time ever one on one. The last time they fought (Hardcore Heat, July 10th, 2004) EXesS had to be carried out of the ring after the Green Phantom dropped him on his head with a Ganso bomb.

This time, however, EXesS is champion of the IWS. EXesS has previously proved that he will use any tactic to defend his title. The Green Phantom has proved that he will hurt you to win. For the richest prize in the IWS, how far will these two men go?

A Conversation With Manny

I woke up PCP Crazy F'N Manny, the IWS Owner at 12:30 this morning. I thought that I had given him plenty of time to wake up. Guess not.

I may have caught Manny off guard, because he almost seemed... well, honest, to be honest. He told me that he couldn't afford for Beef to quit because Beef sold half of the merchandise of the entire company and he couldn't afford to lose his cut of Beef's sales. Also if and when we ever do an all-ages show, he figures that it will be Beef who sells most of the tickets to the kiddies.

As a result, Manny says that he has taken steps to make sure that the match between Kevin Steen and El Generico vs. Beef Wellington and Damian will take place at Praise the Violence. More details on Bloodstream coming soon... or soonish.

Also, I would just like to address the following quote from the CZW message board:

IWS fudged this one up bad. they had kevin steen talking shit about IWS saying how USA wrestling is so much better, with el generico's heel turn being on his side. beef wellington kept saying how he loves IWS and that it's the most important thing is his life. now they have it going that beef is threatening to quit? eh...

From talking to Beef, the reason that he threatened to quit is that ever since El Generico kicked him in the face, rather than getting a shot at Kevin Steen and El Generico, Beef has been forced to fight rookies alongside Damian for Manny's twisted pleasure.

(Kevin Steen, too. During the IWS Christmas party he was replaying the moment where Juan got his jaw broken over and over and over and over again. Rewind and Play. Rewind and Play. Rewind and Play.)

That's not what I love about the IWS, Beef told me. If I have to walk away from the IWS, because Manny and Steen and Generico have twisted it into something that I hate, than that is what I will have to do.Finally Green vs. Oil

They were the Odd Couple of the IWS, the Green Phantom and the Baby Oil Phenom, EXesS. Despite their differences, they became IWS tag team champions. When they lost those titles and their team fell apart, they never resolved those differences.

Now, more than two years after losing their IWS tag team titles to Extreme Revolution, EXesS and the Green Phantom will meet for only the second time ever one on one. The last time they fought (Hardcore Heat, July 10th, 2004) EXesS had to be carried out of the ring after the Green Phantom dropped him on his head with a Ganso bomb.

This time, however, EXesS is champion of the IWS. EXesS has previously proved that he will use any tactic to defend his title. The Green Phantom has proved that he will hurt you to win. For the richest prize in the IWS, how far will these two men go?

I woke up PCP Crazy F'N Manny, the IWS Owner at 12:30 this morning. I thought that I had given him plenty of time to wake up. Guess not.

I may have caught Manny off guard, because he almost seemed... well, honest, to be honest. He told me that he couldn't afford for Beef to quit because Beef sold half of the merchandise of the entire company and he couldn't afford to lose his cut of Beef's sales. Also if and when we ever do an all-ages show, he figures that it will be Beef who sells most of the tickets to the kiddies.

As a result, Manny says that he has taken steps to make sure that the match between Kevin Steen and El Generico vs. Beef Wellington and Damian will take place at Praise the Violence. More details on Bloodstream coming soon... or soonish.

Also, I would just like to address the following quote from the CZW message board:

IWS fudged this one up bad. they had kevin steen talking shit about IWS saying how USA wrestling is so much better, with el generico's heel turn being on his side. beef wellington kept saying how he loves IWS and that it's the most important thing is his life. now they have it going that beef is threatening to quit? eh...

From talking to Beef, the reason that he threatened to quit is that ever since El Generico kicked him in the face, rather than getting a shot at Kevin Steen and El Generico, Beef has been forced to fight rookies alongside Damian for Manny's twisted pleasure.

(Kevin Steen, too. During the IWS Christmas party he was replaying the moment where Juan got his jaw broken over and over and over and over again. Rewind and Play. Rewind and Play. Rewind and Play.)

That's not what I love about the IWS, Beef told me. If I have to walk away from the IWS, because Manny and Steen and Generico have twisted it into something that I hate, than that is what I will have to do.Finally Green vs. Oil

That's not what I love about the IWS, Beef told me. If I have to walk away from the IWS, because Manny and Steen and Generico have twisted it into something that I hate, than that is what I will have to do.