TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fökai

Velocity/Smackdown Spoilers for 01/13/2006

There are a lot of ways to go with this... I mean... imagine Wrestlemania 22, Angle vs. Benoit for the World Title...

If they wanted a way to talk Benoit into staying around, throwing him another world title match at Mania wouldn't hurt.

However, I believe it'll be Angle/Taker or Angle/Mysterio or even Angle/Orton before Benoit/Angle.

Edited by Hawk 34

Their depth is low because they no longer know how to properly elevate wrestlers to main event status.

It's funny because they did this on Raw with Carlito and Masters, while not the ideal options for main eventers, they have firmly cemeted those two as main eventers.

On Smackdown, they just cycled through but now with deaths and injuries, the roster depth is depleted.

What does this mean? JBL back in the main event by April at the latest unless they can finally wake up.

Here is the very short list of legitimate SD main eventers

Angle-Mysterio-Orton-Taker-JBL-Benoit. Obviously Benoit is busy with the mid-card and WWE is too scared to ride the Mysterio express and are intent on making Orton look as weak as possible. JBL was a tremendous failure with the main event...

Surprised no one here has mentioned HBK/Angle IV next week on Raw. Think they'll still go through with it?

What happens next week on Raw with Angle vs Michaels?

I really just want to know WHY Kurt was able to go over to smackdown and win the title?

Or will they just use the lame "Vince let me" and they can make it look like Angle was running from Shawn (despte the fact Angle wanted to kill shawn last week) or that this was another way of Vince screwing shawn by not giving him the chance to take the decisive victory over Angle.

Hell, if they were just going to go with a battle royal, I would have just went the '92 route and put the WHT on the line in the Rumble match.

Would've made sense, especially if the plan was to put the belt on Angle.

All you people complaining, I have to say this:

I was there live to see it. It was a mark-out moment for pretty much the entire arena.

That's what matters. It got the fan's attention. The fans loved it too.

Heck, I was getting lost in the moment cellebrating too.

EDIT: And now that the board is back up, time to update the siggy again.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

When I read last night that a new champion was crowned, I was horrified that it was going to be Blandy Borton. I ended up being pleasantly surprised.

Instead of giving it to Angle, they should've done the Rey-Henry thing but have Rey pull off the upset and win the title.

Then run Rey v. Henry at the RR with Rey beating him to show he can hang with the big men.

Having Angle win in a battle royal just sounds retarded. I liked the idea of putting the World Title up for grabs in the RR.

Oh, something not mentioned in the spoilers at the top that I think should be mentioned.

Two of the people that Batista talked to backstage were Ricky Steamboat (That's what I heard, couldn't tell cause people were blocking my view of the screen) and Arn Anderson.

I think they are going for Angle/Taker at WrestleMania now. They have always wanted to do that but last year it was smarter to do Orton/Taker and Angle/HBK. I am interested in Angle/Taker, but I don't think Angle is worth beating Taker and ending his streak cause Angle already is a real main eventer. BUT I don't want to see Undertaker as the WWE Champion if he never shows up. Still it wouldn't surprise me if Undertaker either won the Rumble or just became the no.1 contender. The WWE doesn't know what to do with the WWE Title now on RAW, so I think they decided Angle/Taker will be the big draw for WrestleMania, shame it's on Smackdown! though.

Kurt Angle will show up on RAW next week, beat Shawn Michaels with help from Vince McMahon and then stay on Smackdown! until he loses the title.

Da Meltz claims the move is due to a lack of depth. Hmm, he went out on a limb.

Code for "Kurt Angle was so popular that fans rejected the Vanilla Ice bastardization known as John Cena, so we're shipping him off to Smackdown to spite fans".

That said, they should have shipped Triple H off to Smackdown and have him won the belt. He gets an additional title reign that doesn't bury anyone AND can revive Smackdwon singlehandedly with a feud between him and Benoit, with the farce of a "best of seven" angle garbage jetisoned ASAP without even bothering to give the shit angle closure.....

That what I just thought as well, Triple H should have went to Smackdown!. It would be something totally new because he hasn't been on SD! for ages. HHH would get another World Title run, he wants to surpass Flair so he needs the World Title and not the WWE Title, and HHH is a draw to be honest. They can do HHH/Taker, HHH/Benoit, HHH/Mysterio

This company obviously has no direction or plan going into WrestleMania.

They did but with Cena getting booed, Batista injured, they sort of had to change their direction

That what I just thought as well, Triple H should have went to Smackdown!. It would be something totally new because he hasn't been on SD! for ages. HHH would get another World Title run, he wants to surpass Flair so he needs the World Title and not the WWE Title, and HHH is a draw to be honest. They can do HHH/Taker, HHH/Benoit, HHH/Mysterio

But Triple H would have nothing of it.

See WWE Lottery Draft 2004.

There are a lot of ways to go with this... I mean... imagine Wrestlemania 22, Angle vs. Benoit for the World Title...

If they wanted a way to talk Benoit into staying around, throwing him another world title match at Mania wouldn't hurt.

You know, his last employer not only put him in a title match, but they actually GAVE him the world title. Still wasn't enough to keep him around. I know there's a pretty big difference between the two companies, but I'm just saying...

And the more I think about this move, the smarter I think it is. Angle is arguably the most over guy on either roster right now. Smackdown was in dire need of some help. Bringing over Angle gives the show an instant infusion of credibility.

And for those who don't like Angle being announced as the new champion on the company's Web site, just remember Foley's first title win. The combination of people not only knowing there was going to be a title change, but knowing there was a title change with a guy they really liked brought in a ton of viewers. That's not a bad precedent to follow.

According to the Observer, Benoit has not expressed an interest to leave the WWE, so he's not going anywhere.

I don't get how Angle was allowed to come back into the match although it seemed like Henry eliminated him...

I expect Angle/Michaels IV to still happen, and WWE will use that on RAW to somehow explain why Kurt Angle is the new Heavyweight Champion.

They couldn't hold the title up at the Royal Rumble because Triple H doesn't want to work the B show.

It looks like it will be Angle/Henry at the Rumble based on the fact that he does throw Angle out of the ring and through a table. They might do Angle/Rey at No Way Out, then Angle/Benoit at Mania. Who knows...

I'm not against Kurt Angle being crowned World Champ on SD!, but I'm not quite happy for the circumstances that led to it or how it happened. It's a shame for Batista, but there's nothing you could do about it. WWE had to come up with a solution, and according to all reports it was received with tons of cheers by attending fans, so they succeded on that account. Good for Kurt, who finally gets a new reign as champ.

The idea to repeat the Rumble 92 is pretty good, possibly the best scenario if you think about it (the winner having to defect to SD! if he was a RAW guy), but that would've led to both shows trying to build to a deserving #1 contender for Mania and maybe they didn't want to do that.

On the already-announced Kurt vs HBK match for RAW, I have no fricking idea what'll happen. Maybe Shawn chasing Kurt, no matter what show he's in, is a possible storyline? I wouldn't mind HBK vs Kurt for Mania for the World Title. Not at all.

From the order of that battle royal I have this horror that they are still going with Angle/Henry at the Rumble. What is WITH this psychotic desire to push Mark Henry all of a sudden? Like he's so important that they can't jettison that plan and go with a GOOD match?

Angle vs. Benoit at WM. It's gotta be. I better not see fucking Randy Orton.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Well, Angle/Orton would be kind of hard to run considering how much Orton has looked like a bitch since Summerslam.

And thank god for that.

I'd much rather see Angle than Orton. (Or Henry god forbid, when I glanced over this thread I thought it said Henry had won!)

WM could be Batista vs. Angle if Batista can recover by then.

I'd much rather see Angle than Orton. (Or Henry god forbid, when I glanced over this thread I thought it said Henry had won!)

WM could be Batista vs. Angle if Batista can recover by then.

You know, that is a good point.

Especially since those two never had a one on one match that wasn't interrupted by outside forces.