TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest stringerbell

WWE plan to deal with TNA

Guest stringerbell

Johnny Ace has been given word from the top to sign anybody TNA is interested in, even if it is guys the E just recently cut. Some office workers have been told the idea is to sign them with lengthy no-compete clauses, then bury them so that by the time they can go to TNA, they are damaged goods. Dave says management see this as a possible pivotal year for TNA, and doesn't particularly want them to become legit competition.

I'm just curious what the source was. I can easily believe this report, but I was just wondering.

Wrestling Observer

The silver lining to all of this is that recently with all the injuries that have plagued the WWE locker room signing up COULD be the opening some of these guys have been waiting for. They have alot of TV time to fill afterall. Spots do get shuffled even in WWE.

Well it's good to see that Vince isn't worried about piddling little TNA, I mean they're not threat at all right? Nothing for him to worry about

in fact Vince doesn't know the acronym "TNA"

(now quick hire Sonny Siaki cause he was their future!)

I thought the no-compete clause only applies if the wrestler walks out. If you release someone from their contract, how can you tell them where they can and cannot work?
Not unlike the corporate world - no compete clauses are not that uncommon

A way to screw Vinnie Mac is for those that "TNA are interested in" should demand a very short or no "no compete contract" or they'd sign with TNA instead :D

squeeze him for all he's worth boys!

Feh like this will matter. Why would anyone sign with WWE just to be buried again?

Ask Brian Kendrick. Or Jamie Noble.

We can also ask Christian. Or Kazarian (did he quit or get released, I can't remember). Plus, remember Brian Kendrick, the first time around, asked for his release.

We can also ask Christian. Or Kazarian (did he quit or get released, I can't remember). Plus, remember Brian Kendrick, the first time around, asked for his release.

I'm pretty sure Kazarian quit.

It's stories like these that bring me back to Vince's crying on the Monday Night War DVD about how unlike the evil WCW, the angelic WWF never ever ever intended to hurt the competition and just wanted to help itself.

Right. And it also makes me think about the interview that Vince, Paul, and Eric did on RAW leading up to ONS. Where it was Paul and Vince that about how big bad Eric and WCW hurt ECW and WWE did nothing bad to them. Reports were Eric didn't want to be there and you could tell.