TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

WON News for Jan 10ths issue - Extensive

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Transcribed by me from the newsletter:

Arnold Schwartzenegger is the God Father of Superstar Billy Graham’s daughter

Jesse Ventura told his wife that he was Billy Graham’s brother when He and the future Mrs Ventura 1st met

Pedro Morales outdrew Bruno Sammartino in MSG , but no where else consistently

Vince Sr gave Graham the Win and the loss date of his title reighn months in advance. Graham was depressed later as he was drawing huge, and was a babyface to some of the audience due to tossing T-shirts and doing subtle face actions to try to get a face turn and a long run on top

Graham faked a knee injury 2 days before losing to Backlund. The end result was Vince Sr seeing through this and making the title change match under 10 mins

Rick martel had liver problems due to roids

Graham stole a big TV from a Holiday Inn and sent it to Stu Hart as a Thank you rib for training him

Several old timers wanted to no show the HOF that Graham was inducted in due to the roid trail heat of the 90’s

Houston’s SD! Ratings are in the 2.2 range – months ago they were in the 7.0’s

Recent SD! Ratings saw The Dicks match add 40,000 viewers and the Beniot vs Orton match LOSE 40,000 viewers Kid Kash’s interview on SD! That week lost 500,000 viewers

Survivor Series earned roughly 6 million in PPV profit

Brock Lesner 28, marrired Sable 38 recently. The Lesners live next door to Head of Talent relations Johnny Ace

March 3rd there will be a “Wrestle Reunion” PPV. Only names so far are Mike graham, Jimmy hart and Bobby Heenan.

Sika’s son starts at DT for Georgia Tech’s college Football team, He wants to go to the NFL or Pro wrestling

Brad Armstrong, 44, recently broke his shoulder

80’s Mid Carder “Slick” Chic Donovan made a recent Indy appearance waving the US flag. Instead of chanting “USA!” the crowd chanted “U,R, Fat!”

Samoa Joe denies that he has any interest in the WWE

Tommy Morrison (Star of Rocky 5), Tonya Harding and Gen. Skanador Akbar all were recent cornermen for a Extreme Fighting MMA event

WWE marketing now wants to make Wrestlers the draw and not the WWE as a whole.

Bret Hart was approached to do a Wrestlemania match vs Vince that would go : Bret punches Vince, slaps on the sharp shooter, Vince taps , match over. Bret turned them down.

Paul Heyman signed a short extenstion. Steffi still doesn’t want him to be in creative

Before batista’s new injury, the plan was Mark Henry vs Batista at Royal Rumble and Batista vs Undertaker @ NWO

Beniot has no plans to leave the WWE anytime soon

Giant Singh was signed months ago, and is headed down for training. The WWE wants a “Giant” for some idea they have, but Dave doesn’t know what it is

Kurt Angle and others in creative have proposed a K-1 Invasion angle where it would be Shootfighters vs Wrestlers. MMA stars Bob Sapp, Sam Greco, Tom Howard and The Predator are the dream MMA team

It took Joey Styles 6 hours to tape the under 2 hour RAW in Afghanistan voiceovers. He had to do many redos and Heyman told the WWE that he had to do a lot of “producing” to make Styles as good as he was in ECW

Dave thinks Shawn Micheals is hiding an injury

Shelton’s real mom was turned down for the role because she wasn’t obese and was very well spoken. Vince was mad that Thea was selected as his Mom because he wanted someone even fatter. Thea now wears a fat suit

Bob Orton jr is battling hepatitis (Insert Juvi joke)

The Melina/Batista “rape” storyline is Vince’s rebuttal to Rita Chatterton accusing him 15 or so years ago.

USA had considered doing a Martha Hart vs the WWF lawsuit movie, but the WWE’s new deal ended that once and for all

Vince is very high on kane’s new movie, and sequel thoughts are already in the works. Vince seems to be very unhappy with the Marine w/Cena though.

Johnny Ace has been ordered to sign anyone TNA is interested in, since the WWE feels this is the make it or break it year for TNA

Shelton wants to talk more to get his character over with the fans

WWE in Mexico is charging $141 for a front row seat that is roughly 5-6 weeks pay for an average Mexican

Finlay’s return caused issues as some knew back in September that it was on the horizon, and others who should have known were only informed recently.

There is talk of a Jay Lethal/ Charlie Haas tag team

WWE is considering making a movie on Eddy’s life story

Tantaka looks to have lost 30lbs since he was last seen on RAW

Guest JMA

The whole thing with Shelton's real mom kind of reminds me of the Cactus Jack "amnesia" storyline in WCW. They didn't want Foley's real wife because she was so attractive. Now Benjamin's real mother is being turned down because she's not a stereotype. Ugh...

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

According to Dave..... no

EDIT: Just checked IMDB... He's alive

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

A little add on to Houston's ratings plunge: SD!'s rating have gone up and stayed up since Eddy died, Houston is a bit of an anomaly

Does Angle/Taker seem like the route for WMania now, since that was one match they wanted last year already?

I dont know aboiut Angle/Taker. I'm pretty sure they will be pushing Angle as a Tweener. just a wrestling machine, really. Now that he has the belt, I doubt Hogan will be involved at Mania at all. Of course, alot can happen with 2 ppv's between mania and now. I'd like to see Angle main event with Benoit for the big Gold Belt, or maybe even Rey Rey. Setting up a program with batista as a heel when he returns.

Guest Coffey

I'm doubting Chris Benoit ever being in the main event again, especially at Wrestlemania. I mean, he lost the US title feud to an injured Booker T. that had Orton substitute for him.

From what I remember in an interview, Angle really wants to work with the Undertaker at Mania and help give him (Taker) the best WM match of his career. Of course, that's going to be a lot different now from their Sep. 2003 match since Taker went back to being the no-selling Phenom. Also, didn't both guys really want their match last year to be for the WWE Championship rather than Cena / Layfield? If so, then we can expect the World Heavyweight Match at Wrestlemania 22 to be Angle / Undertaker unless they're really still high on Orton getting his big time glory, not sure who'd he face though. I'd LOVE to see Angle / Benoit main event Mania.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
From what I remember in an interview, Angle really wants to work with the Undertaker at Mania and help give him (Taker) the best WM match of his career.

Well, he'll have hefty competition with the ... I guess the Flair match was pretty good. God Taker has had some stink jobs at Mania

Seriously though, Taker/Angle could be fun.

Guest clockworkraven
The Melina/Batista “rape” storyline is Vince’s rebuttal to Rita Chatterton accusing him 15 or so years ago.

Strike while the iron's hot.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
From what I remember in an interview, Angle really wants to work with the Undertaker at Mania and help give him (Taker) the best WM match of his career. Of course, that's going to be a lot different now from their Sep. 2003 match since Taker went back to being the no-selling Phenom. Also, didn't both guys really want their match last year to be for the WWE Championship rather than Cena / Layfield? If so, then we can expect the World Heavyweight Match at Wrestlemania 22 to be Angle / Undertaker unless they're really still high on Orton getting his big time glory, not sure who'd he face though. I'd LOVE to see Angle / Benoit main event Mania.

He puts Taker over something huge on the Taker 3 pack DVDs.

Guest Samantha

And nobody gives a toss because it was 5 years ago... seriously, what's the point.

Brock Lesner 28, marrired Sable 38 recently. The Lesners live next door to Head of Talent relations Johnny Ace

I smell a sitcom!

Haha, I jokingly suggested that VH1 would premiere "Life with the Lesnars" at another forum.

Angle/Taker for the title...hrmmmm...could work. Taker should win, though, and here's why:

When he loses at WM, it's going to be HUGE. Whoever beats Taker at WM, regardless of how they do it, is going to be put over bigtime since his undefeated WM streak is hyped every year. Taker should continue that streak until he's nearing retirement, and then put a less-established, less-over talent over CLEAN (can be a hoss, can be a cruiser, can be a heavyweight, can be ANYBODY so long as they have what it takes to be in the main event) at WM. Insta-star.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Angle/Taker for the title...hrmmmm...could work. Taker should win, though, and here's why:

When he loses at WM, it's going to be HUGE. Whoever beats Taker at WM, regardless of how they do it, is going to be put over bigtime since his undefeated WM streak is hyped every year. Taker should continue that streak until he's nearing retirement, and then put a less-established, less-over talent over CLEAN (can be a hoss, can be a cruiser, can be a heavyweight, can be ANYBODY so long as they have what it takes to be in the main event) at WM. Insta-star.

I disagree with it being a less established, less over star. It should be someone on the cusp of something big. Giving the ball to any ol schmo and telling him to run could be a disaster.

I disagree with it being a less established, less over star. It should be someone on the cusp of something big. Giving the ball to any ol schmo and telling him to run could be a disaster.

Which is why I've suggested (and, at this past Smackdown since I went there live) that Rey Mysterio be the one to end Taker's streak.

A lot of the people I suggested this to liked the idea.

Yea, no.

Taker v. Rey would be AWFUL

IIRC, they had a pretty good match back in 2003 (I believe) in a contender's tournament.

Course, Taker was still Bikertaker at the time.

Guest bigm350

I'll be anxious to see what Dave says about the new reigns of Edge and Angle, when I get the latest Observer.

Yea, no.

Taker v. Rey would be AWFUL

IIRC, they had a pretty good match back in 2003 (I believe) in a contender's tournament.

Course, Taker was still Bikertaker at the time.

I thought Rey last w/ Big Show was excellent until the wacked out ending. I think they could tell a good powerful big man vs crafty little man story.