TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The WWE Folder

I'm pretty mad that the wrestling folders on this site have become (or in some people's opinions have forever been) pure garbage. I can't even look into a thread anymore and be able to understand what people are saying. There are a good amount of posters here that actually know what they are talking about, but their opinions are greatly overshadowed by those of the marks that come here. Two things that must be fixed immediately are:

1. Post quality. I am sick and tired of wading through 20 markish opinions to get to someone's posts that are actually worth reading. This site is called TheSmartMarks, not TheMarks.

2. Bring back Loss, or get someone like him that can actually mod that folder with an iron fist. Someone that actually gives a shit. I don't care who it is as long as they actually care about fixing the folder and they greatly contribute to the folder. I don't like pointing fingers, but it's obvious which people actually contribute something of substance.

The admins or current mods can decide to fix it if they so choose, that's their choice. I just think that at this point it should be quality over quantity. If it absolutely can't be done, I understand.

Enforce those guidelines that are pinned to the top of the folder at the very least, it would probably solve a lot of the problem.

Guest Princess Leena

Considering the recent state of WWE, what are you expecting people to post? And if you don't watch anymore... how do you decipher which people's posts are worth reading?

I still read the results, and I do watch the WWE sometimes. Even though I act like I don't, it's hard to stop doing something I've done since I was a little kid. I just want people to actually use their brain when they post, if that's not asking too much. As said, enforcing the guidelines that are pinned to the top of the folder would go a long way.

As said, enforcing the guidelines that are pinned to the top of the folder would go a long way.

Try telling that to Loss and nikjohns.

Do posts sometimes overlap or something? How can opinions and posts be overshadowed? You can choose what you want to read and respond to, so aside from just being bothered by other people's opinions and way of expressing those opinions, I don't see the problem. At least not a board problem that needs fixing, maybe a personal problem.

As said, enforcing the guidelines that are pinned to the top of the folder would go a long way.

Try telling that to Loss and nikjohns.

nikjohns sucked.

HTQ could probably fix it if allowed to do so.

nikjohns didn't suck. He attempted to be a good mod and enforce rules, but that was deemed uncool by the popular kids here and he was ran out. Just like Loss was.

the folder can never be what you want it to be no matter what nazi is running it.

This is the exact attitude why the WWE folder will never be readable. Anyone who dares act like they care about the content of the board are considered "nazis" or "take things too seriously".

nobody took nikjohns seriously after he fucked around with that Paul London site. I mean seriously, you're going to respect somebody trying to enforce rules when they themself are fucking up another place?

He was also far too serious. Make one joke about something and you got a warning.

yeah okay Alf, there's a way to handle situations, being a nazi ain't it.

sure, there are total morons in there, trolls, etc...but there are some people that have good opinions and bring decent conversation to that folder, but when you have mods condemning people for said opinions and comments, the shit won't ever work correctly.

Oh, but I guess only those of you that watch wrestling 24/7 with your lifetime subscriptions to the Observer should be the ones allowed to post in there, right?

I dunno, when I go to the General Wrestling folder, it's just fine. Of course, it's a place where people can reminisce about GOOD wrestling, not just bitch about how terrible the WWE is.

If a nazi took over, we could finally get the "The WWE Folder: It's a lot like Hitler" thread.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Make me mod of the WWE folder. If you don't like how I mod, you can de-mod me. You can't argue with that.

Do posts sometimes overlap or something? How can opinions and posts be overshadowed? You can choose what you want to read and respond to, so aside from just being bothered by other people's opinions and way of expressing those opinions, I don't see the problem. At least not a board problem that needs fixing, maybe a personal problem.

This guy is always spot-on. Welcome to the cool kids club.

sure, there are total morons in there, trolls, etc...but there are some people that have good opinions and bring decent conversation to that folder, but when you have mods condemning people for said opinions and comments, the shit won't ever work correctly.

I'm not denying that at all, but that wasn't the case with nik and Loss. They were good mods and got shit on for it by the posters who just wanted to sit back and crack their "hilarious" jokes rather than post something meaningful.

I'll second alfdogg...regardless of the direction of this thread and our different opinions, I've always liked him and respected what he has to say...may not agree with him all the time, but that's what happens with messageboards.

A ridiculously good post/idea about running a message forum.

http://thephora.net/forum/showpost.php?p=27715&postcount=6

"ou can have fun, but don't let it descend into idiocy. If a post is unproductive, lock it, explaining WHY it is unproductive, and move one to other topics. Egocases will whine and bitch because of the Nazi mods locking or deleting their topics, but they are a minority. If your focus is on an overall quality of forum content, the moaning of a few whiners about a locked topic is insignificant, to say the least.

Otherwise, you attract more people by having a great forum to begin with. If a few leave because they don't like having to speak within a certain standard of intelligence, they are more than welcome to leave and find other pursuits. More will find the forum and, seeing the quality of what is there and the intelligence with which the users converse, they will most likely stay, and strive to fit into the overall standard of quality themselves."

Regardless, there are plenty of other forums out there that serve a purpose for bullshitting, queries, reviewing, discussing, learning etc etc etc, and it's up to the members of a forum to decide what they want from it. There's plenty of other places to go if this one doesn't suit you. Let the nostalgia go if it's a lost cause.

About the original post: Is it genuine anger at the content here, of is it an assertion of your own percieved superiority? Doesn't strike me as a call to arms more than it does an insult to lower posters, imo of course. And why not set that standard yourself, instead of asking someone to do it for you?

2. Bring back Loss, or get someone like him that can actually mod that folder with an iron fist. Someone that actually gives a shit. I don't care who it is as long as they actually care about fixing the folder and they greatly contribute to the folder. I don't like pointing fingers, but it's obvious which people actually contribute something of substance.

As previously stated, we tried that multiple times, but a mod can't really be effective if the posters completely ignore what he/she wants and compare them to Nazis. We tried a "Suspended from the WWE Folder" group, people bitched. We tried being strict, people made the same complaints Lushus has made. It's a two-way street, kids. If you want the mod staff to do anything useful, you got to actually abide by any decisions we make, or we might as well have no mods at all.

I'm not going to be a babysitter and hold people's hands here. If someone can't grasp the simple concept of "using common sense" when posting, then I can't do much to help them.

And for everyone bitching about HTQ, let me ask you this: Has he actually banned or suspended ANYONE just because he doesn't agree with your opinion? I haven't seen any instances of that. Ooh, he ignored you. Big ass deal.

EDIT: Gee, what a novel concept Thumbtack posted. If you don't like how a place is run, find another. Why, that's that darn "common sense" being used again.

which is why I originally told him that it will never be what HE, in particular, wants, no matter what...do it one way, this group will bitch, do it the other way, the other group will bitch...I've simply stopped going to the folder from time to time, only going in if it's a topic worth checking out, that's about all one can really do.

Why are mod's needed to achieve something that's literally accomplished by moving your hand less an inch? A scroll of the mouse is the only thing people need to make the idiots on the screen go away.

It's like TV, we should be letting the individual user decide for themselves what they want and don't want to read/reply to.

the folder can never be what you want it to be no matter what nazi is running it.

This is the exact attitude why the WWE folder will never be readable. Anyone who dares act like they care about the content of the board are considered "nazis" or "take things too seriously".

That's the major problem when it comes to trying to clean up the WWE Folder. If you want a decent forum to talk about wrestling, there are people who simply shouldn't be allowed to post because they don't know what they are talking about or don't have the ability to post in any kind of coherent manner. The problem with doing that is just like you said; the Mods doing that get accused of being Nazis or of taking things too seriously. The majority of people want the WWE forum cleaned up, but it’s the minority who just want to play around that have the loudest voice when complaining.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but can someone show me an example of all this ignorant and incoherent posting in the WWE forum? It really doesn't seem that bad at all.

Guest Princess Leena
And for everyone bitching about HTQ, let me ask you this: Has he actually banned or suspended ANYONE just because he doesn't agree with your opinion? I haven't seen any instances of that. Ooh, he ignored you. Big ass deal.

This is from the rules post on the top of the board:

1) Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You don't have to agree with someone, but at least listen to them, and give them a chance to justify their point. For the love of God, don’t start flaming or insulting someone without giving them a chance. Even then, try to not be a dick. This also (especially) applies to people's * ratings of matches.

Guest Princess Leena
I'd like to see an example, as well, I'd also like to know how exactly a mod would go about fixing the problems.

With the current admins here, it's agree with whatever Dave Meltzer, and the majority of smarks say, or you're an idiot.