TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The WWE Folder

If people disagree with many of the marks shared opinions, that's fine with me. I also expect them to be able to explain why they disagree with those opinions.

Maybe creating a sub folder of WWE called "Quality" or something fancy, which has requirements such as intelligence, knowledge on the topic and like a 100 or 200+ word reply to post, none of this....

"You suck, This guy rocks and could kill anyone..."

type stuff. :)

Obviously it would also be HEAVILY mod’d and if it doesn't fit, the topic will be moved back to WWE or trashed.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

They should let me mod the WWE folder, because when I imposed myself as the TNA mod, the folder became good. The fact that I don't watch wrestling anymore is what made it work.

Eh, it's not perfect but I enjoy reading the various posts in there. I like reading the various opinions in there, mostly because they enlighten me to other points of view. However, I would like it if people would expand on why someone sucks from time to time instead of just saying that they do. I mean, I'm unable to watch Raw whatsoever, so saying that "Chris Masters sucks" and not saying why isn't doing me a whole hell of a lot of good. I could (but wouldn't) say that "Chris Benoit sucks", but if I don't say why, how the hell is that gonna do you any good? All it would get me is a whole lot of hassling from the people in the folder (and most of it would contain the words "moron", "idiot", "retard", and possibly "fucktard"). That's part of the reason why I don't post in there. I feel as if I don't post with my every fact correct, I'll get someone saying "You're wrong, idiot".

And on a parting note, I liked Loss. Nikjohns not so much. I think HTQ does an ok job, but he'd come off a lot better if he was a little less "intense" when it comes to defending his opinions to others. When he defends his arguments, he'll occassionally call someone a name. Anyways, other that that, I have no complaints about HTQ.

When he defends his arguments, he'll occassionally call someone a name.

OH NOES

Yeah I killed the WWE folder with my shenanigans and efforts to run nikjohns out. what's up.

I never took him seriously because he came out of nowhere and started telling me what to do. it was like

"Randy Orton is a mincing pantywaist."

"That's off topic. This is your warning. You will be suspended if you persist."

"Who the fuck are you?"

On the other hand, I liked Loss.

And you know, if people are going to complain about who the mods are, why don't we just choose our own mod staff already? If you drop the whole "OKAY THIS BOARD IS NOT A DEMOCRACY MMKAY MY NAME IN RED MEANS I MAKE THE RULES WE DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS BORK BORK BORK" thing, and let us decide who should be the glorified janitors, then we can't piss and moan about it, because we chose them.

Just have everyone submit a list comprising x amount of posters they think should be the mods, and the people who get the most nominations get the jobs. At the end of the day, it won't lead to dynamic change, since I think almost everyone is happy with Al, Canadian Chick, Treble, Brian, etc. But for the mods that do catch heat from the board, this is a way to make sure they have the same support as everyone else does. Of course, there'd have be some measures to prevent gimmicks and aliases, like a minimum post count and registration date, but I don't think it would be that bad of an idea.

Will my dream of an actual election on TSM come true?

I always wanted to do a mock presidential race here back in 2004 to have a farcical "President of the Board", but everyone told me it was an awful idea. I just want to see campaigning.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

elections are a horrible idea. Just because someone is popular doesn't mean they should be a mod.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

This place has the maturity of Junior High, it wouldn't work. And if it happened everyone would just start bitching about how it was the "trolls" who voted for the mods and nothing would change.

MYSTERIOUSONEWDI: Say, "I think FS would be a better mod than Czech" for me

OAOAST Hoff: no

MYSTERIOUSONEWDI: please Hoff

MYSTERIOUSONEWDI: I'll buy you a babyburger

OAOAST Hoff: ha

OAOAST Hoff: OAOAST Hoff: his offer is tempting

pardon miasma: hahaha

pardon miasma: I'll give you a cheesebabyburger not to

OAOAST Hoff: ooh!

MYSTERIOUSONEWDI: tripledecker babysubmarine sandwich and a doughnut

The bribes have already begun. This is gonna be one dirty campaign.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

those are manafactured by FS's enemies. I'm looking at you Czech.

NYU has my support anyway.

Guys, it's clear I would make the best mod at this point.

I offer everything Czech and FS do not.

I beat out NYU for Biggest Bastard of an Idiot so clearly I could whoop him in a mod thing. I have prior experience too. The easiest way to solve problems concerning a board is to just delete it.

Clearly, in order to become mod, I need to start flirting with Canadian Chick and sending her hot, sexy PMs.

My entire plan will unfold from there.

Clearly, in order to become mod, I need to start flirting with Canadian Chick and sending her hot, sexy PMs.

My entire plan will unfold from there.

It would work better than your previous plan of flirting with Hoff.

:wub:

Why is a vote such a bad idea? Representative democracy has worked kinda well in the States for a couple years, here. And if the current mods are worth their salt, they'll be reelected. And, as stated previously, if we vote for mods, and they fail, we'll have no one to blame for it but ourselves. The admins will have power to remove people from office, anyway.

Can it hurt to try it?

Don't worry, CWM, it's not like anyone's going to put you in charge.

Yeah Hoff said everything I said, and it makes sense. At this stage in the game, we ought to be accountable for our own management. There'd be far less resentment about mods doing their jobs if we put our faith in them, rather than when nikjohns dropped out of the sky and started threatening suspensions to people who had never seen the damn guy on the board before.

As for CWM's threats about flooding the polls with aliases, I don't think that's really foolproof, since we'd be supplying lists of seven or eight and not just clicking a YES or NO poll button, so any curious voting patterns would be duly noted.

Guest Brian

I remember bps and I both got elected last time. I think Kahran and someone else were also. I also remember that at the time, I though everyone was going to put Anglesault in and I completely denounced the whole thing.

I nominate Czech and Black Lushus