TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The WWE Folder

Lushus you are in the WWE folder 75% you're supposed to be working. I think you'd be fine. Canadian Chick will just pick up the slack like usual.

I don't know the ins and outs of wrestling well enough to be a mod in that folder...you DO need to be very knowledgable on the subject to mod the folder, that much is definently true.

Then clearly I should mod the TNA folder.

I'd rule with an iron Jeff Jarrett induced erection.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

Why should a private owner want to have an elected staff that might not represent what he wants from a board? It's a silly idea that while might be fun for awhile won't happen.

Why should a private owner want to have an elected staff that might not represent what he wants from a board? It's a silly idea that while might be fun for awhile won't happen.

If you drop the whole "OKAY THIS BOARD IS NOT A DEMOCRACY MMKAY MY NAME IN RED MEANS I MAKE THE RULES WE DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS BORK BORK BORK" thing, and let us decide who should be the glorified janitors, then we can't piss and moan about it, because we chose them.

And if the current mods are worth their salt, they'll be reelected. And, as stated previously, if we vote for mods, and they fail, we'll have no one to blame for it but ourselves.

At this stage in the game, we ought to be accountable for our own management. There'd be far less resentment about mods doing their jobs if we put our faith in them, rather than when nikjohns dropped out of the sky and started threatening suspensions to people who had never seen the damn guy on the board before.

Allow me to simplify:

Why should a private owner want to have an elected staff that might not represent what he wants from a board?

Because it might help his board to be run much better.

Seriously, we're never going to know if this works if we don't try it, but if we do try it, and it doesn't work, well, hey, now we know. But it seems like a really simple, logical idea. No one's trying to take power away from admin, or whoever technically owns the board these days, and to be honest, we couldn't if we wanted to. But there just might be a better way of doing things.

Guest Coffey

My opinion? If you don't watch the product, you shouldn't comment on it. Thus, if you're not watching Raw, Smackdown or WWE PPV's, you shouldn't be in the WWE folder bitching, moaning and complaining about the product. Go to Gen. Wrestling and reminisce about when you didn't think it sucked. That comment opens up a whole can of worms, all of which we've discussed before, but I still stand by it.

The problem with the folder is that there's only a couple different types of people:

There's the elitest smarks: Lord of the Curry, Ravashing Rick Rudo, Hunter's Torn Quad, etc. They, for the most part, know what they're talking about. They're just super-negative about it, always talking about the product sucking and stinking up WWE threads with MMA crap and the like. A lot of times these are the posters that are "too cool for school" and won't even admit they watch WWE anymore yet they still think they know everything and are quick to tell you that you're opinion is wrong and you're an idiot. A lot of time, these posters have a "gang mentality" and if someone disagrees with them, they're told they're wrong by the usual suspects as a collective whole.

Then there's "WWE apologists." That's the people that think everything WWE does is gold. They'll defend everything from Tim White's suicide to Mark Henry getting World title matches and act like it's the best possible decision the company could make. A lot of people would put me in this group. Probably Downhome too. It don't matter if you do actually hate some of the product or not, if you like one thing that the elitests don't, you're labeled this for the rest of your tenure.

In between are the posters that just reply with one-sentence thoughts, usually trying but failing to be witty. You get people trying to make it "in" to one of the other groups. I.E. they play the "barn" where they just follow around someone and mirror whatever they say or agree with whatever they post. Black Lushus, 2GOLD, Dangerous A.

We need more posters like Loss & Cawthon...only talking about TODAY'S product instead of the "golden years." Even if the product stinks, there's always SOMETHING positive to talk about.

I liked admin's idea about a WWE subfolder.

Not that my two cents matter, but I have been around forever and generally do not post bullshit....

The biggest reason we have problems in the WWE Folder is the broad fanbase and commercialization of the WWE product itself. I would venture to guess that a lot of the WWE fans that are marks have no idea that 1) there is puroresu, lucha libre, ROH or other wrestling-based companies out there that have good content, 2) TNA is a viable alternative to the WWE instead of a second-rate knockoff, or 3) Steve Austin could not actually kick everyone's ass besides Chuck Norris.

I am a WWE fan, but a lot of the WWE fans are younger kids, and have not been exposed to any other alternatives, thus cannot believe that there is someone better than Randy Orton because all they have been taught by the WWE propaganda machine is that Randy Orton is a top-tier wrestler and the future of the WWE (I like Randy, just using this as an example because it hits home with the majority of you.)

Maybe all new posters should be given a trial-run. All of their posts up to a certain number would be monitored, critiqued in private, and if there is no hope...they are gone.

I also favor the electing of moderators. I can see both the practicality of it, and the fun that most of us will have with it.

However, no matter what is considered in order to "clean up" the WWE Folder, there is always going to be a few people that you do not respect their opinion, or do not like, or know that they are ignorant and blind to most things. You can either do like HTQ and others do and put them on ignore, or skim through their posts for signs of intelligence and ignore them by not responding or arguing with them. Either way works.

My opinion? If you don't watch the product, you shouldn't comment on it. Thus, if you're not watching Raw, Smackdown or WWE PPV's, you shouldn't be in the WWE folder bitching, moaning and complaining about the product. Go to Gen. Wrestling and reminisce about when you didn't think it sucked. That comment opens up a whole can of worms, all of which we've discussed before, but I still stand by it.

The problem with the folder is that there's only a couple different types of people:

There's the elitest smarks: Lord of the Curry, Ravashing Rick Rudo, Hunter's Torn Quad, etc. They, for the most part, know what they're talking about. They're just super-negative about it, always talking about the product sucking and stinking up WWE threads with MMA crap and the like. A lot of times these are the posters that are "too cool for school" and won't even admit they watch WWE anymore yet they still think they know everything and are quick to tell you that you're opinion is wrong and you're an idiot. A lot of time, these posters have a "gang mentality" and if someone disagrees with them, they're told they're wrong by the usual suspects as a collective whole.

Then there's "WWE apologists." That's the people that think everything WWE does is gold. They'll defend everything from Tim White's suicide to Mark Henry getting World title matches and act like it's the best possible decision the company could make. A lot of people would put me in this group. Probably Downhome too. It don't matter if you do actually hate some of the product or not, if you like one thing that the elitests don't, you're labeled this for the rest of your tenure.

In between are the posters that just reply with one-sentence thoughts, usually trying but failing to be witty. You get people trying to make it "in" to one of the other groups. I.E. they play the "barn" where they just follow around someone and mirror whatever they say or agree with whatever they post. Black Lushus, 2GOLD, Dangerous A.

We need more posters like Loss & Cawthon...only talking about TODAY'S product instead of the "golden years." Even if the product stinks, there's always SOMETHING positive to talk about.

I liked admin's idea about a WWE subfolder.

I don't disagree with this, but I also think the main issue is that the "apologists" for lack of a better term sometimes feel that it's their mission in life to find the positive in something as inane as Dr. Heiney (sp?). Yes, there are times where I'm criticized for being cynical but it boggles the mind that the WWE has had the most talented roster they've ever had over the last few years and yet continue to push talentless slugs simply because THEY want to, and the fans be damned if they don't care about those guys. How did guys like Orton, Masters, Carlito, Lashley et al earn a push? Why do guys like Christian, Jericho, RVD et al end up getting shorted simply because they went out and got over on their own merit? It's just retarded and counterproductive to take a product that is all about fan interaction and ignore the fan's wishes at least 90% of the time. For that reason alone, I find it really hard to be excited about the product, and it becomes more than a bit annoying when people who are on the other side of the spectrum can't even acknowledge that there are some huge problems within the company.

I've never taken serious offense to shit said on a posting board until I saw this comment...even when a 20 plus page thread about me began in the HD folder...you can fuck right off, dude, seriously...my opinions have always been my own, I've never tried playing the "witty card" ever, I don't do it well enough so I don't even bother...I'm actually a little shocked you're dogging out HTQ what with all the verbal cocksucking you've done on him in his blog...seriously, come back here when you have something decent to add because your little diatribe was very uninformative and it really sucked.

Lushus is a tard when it comes to wrestling.

Just messing Lushus, I think you're one of the better WWE posters and I don't really know what Coffey is talking about.

The biggest entertainment I get out of the WWE folder is seeing people flip-flop on wrestlers so arbitrarily. That and HTQ being a dick.

Lushus is a tard when it comes to wrestling.

Just messing Lushus, I think you're one of the better WWE posters and I don't really know what Coffey is talking about.

The biggest entertainment I get out of the WWE folder is seeing people flip-flop on wrestlers so arbitrarily. That and HTQ being a dick.

heh, I almost forgot about that, just HAD to go there, ya fucker! :P

.I'm actually a little shocked you're dogging out HTQ what with all the verbal cocksucking you've done on him in his blog...seriously, come back here when you have something decent to add because your little diatribe was very uninformative and it really sucked.

I'm still trying to remember where I've stunk up a thread with MMA 'crap'. It's hard not be negative about a product that, for the most part, is terrible, both in terms of content and creativity. And I don't gang up with RRR and LotC about anything lately, even if I might have done it a few times in the past.

And the idea that if you don't watch you can't comment is laughable in so many ways. A terrible idea, like the Tim White angle, is a terrible idea, and you don't have to watch the thing to be able to know that and say that it is.