Since everyone wants to get all democratic

Ban the new Anglesault  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Ban the new Anglesault

• Yes
    • No
    • Who is it?

Guest Brian

I'll let you in on the process. There's a poster here who is remarkably similar to AngleSault, except that he has stayed away from the sports folder in general. Now, come April, things may change. Under a PBP rule, automatic ban, but we usuall do let people post a bit to see if they've improved. What do you guys think?

Guest Princess Leena

It could be a lot of people, though...

Practically everyone here likes Angle and hates Orton.

And I haven't seen Angle fans finding a way to bitch how Angle is misused while being WWE champ yet. Nor a zillion posts on how horrible Edge is.

Part of me wants to get banned so I can sneak back in and watch everyone go "oh man, you have to ban Cubs Dude, it's that dastardly Czech Republic, I knows it!" I can always call a gimmick poster a cunt, that seems to get people banned

Guest Princess Leena
It's "Dam(o)nYankees", isn't it?

Could be. But, I doubt it. I don't remember AS ever liking girls, or trying to be funny.

It should be my decision; however, as I do not spend as much time on the forums and read all the threads, being several thousand a day, that’s why we have moderators and other admins. Yes, I may hear about it and have a little final say. :) What’s in April? PBP?

April is when baseball starts; Anglesault's trademark, so to speak, is his fanatical love of the New York Yankees, which resulted in him going nuts after every loss. He also hates Edge, Orton, and hip-hop culture, but so do I, so that's not as crucial.

PBP means previously banned poster. The rule is that if you're banned, but find a way to weasel back in, any suspicious activity will make the mods check IPs and ban you again if needed, even if you didn't officially break a rule. This rule is enforced veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrry subjectively.

Since most PBP's become PBP's after repeated warnings and after showing an unwillingness or inability to change, I don't think ANY of them should be allowed back.

Thus, while I haven't had any issues with the new AS, I voted that he should be re-banned.

I like telling the owner how his board is run. I wish we were owned by a rich and ostentatious Texan financier. Admin, can you adopt a J.R. Ewing avatar for me, please? Oh and then post "heh heh, what are you boys up to now, heh heh"?

This rule is enforced veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrry subjectively.

I cannot stress this enough.

If the mods know who it is he should be banned, but as Czech said, that rule has always been spotty. I don't know if I even favor that rule, as it would have kept CWM out of WDI, if I'm not mistaken. Not that CWM is some prize, but I'm just saying, as an example.

If, however, it's all speculation at this point, a ban is unwarranted.

Guest Vitamin X

If Anglesault could've been banned for his behavior in the MLB threads, then why has Dama only received a suspension to this point?

I'm just saying. I don't care for banning either poster, as both have their points and enjoy posting on this board enough that they continue to do so no matter how badly they BUTT heads with other posters. Sure they can be annoying in their own right, but it's just so easy to ignore someone who you're annoyed with that it doesn't matter what they do. I can name a ton of posters here who I wouldn't give a damn if they never posted again, based mainly on their lack of contribution to a single fucking thing in any thread on the board, but I don't care. I just ignore them now and move on with my life. I don't understand why it's so difficult for other people on the board to do the same thing.

Anyone remember that Australian kid and how everyone wanted him gone so badly? Or Choken One and all that? I'd say it's great to ban the ones that spam the site endlessly or are just completely inept at being the slightest bit literate, but everyone else can stick around. Again, very easy to ignore people. Takes more effort to respond to someone because you're irritated with them rather than to just move on with life. For fuck's sake.

EDIT: In case you can't tell, I voted for letting Sault stick around. Would also be curious to see who it is.

Wow, I almost forgot about -iB-. Only time I've been slightly ashamed of my own kind.