TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

Smallville Seasons...

I'm just getting into the show, and I'm borrowing seasons 1-3. I'm halfway through season 1,and am getting bored with the "monster of the week" plots. People tell me that season 2 is a million times better character and plot wise. Is this true? Any seasons better or worse than this one?

Season 2 was the best IMO followed by season 1...both awesome seasons.

I stuck with the show for season 3 even though that's where I got tired of the "monster of the week" stuff. It felt like a filler season.

The show lost me during the really crappy season 4 so I've only seen half of that year and I've probably seen only half an episode of this fifth season.

I'll probably start watching again if they stop the filler and go full blown Clark vs. Lex. I thought that was gonna be this season but nope...still dull. Lex not evil enough yet.

Anyway, I'd tell you to finish season 1 and watch season 2 as well. After that, it's up to you.

Season 1 was pretty cool, but had some amazingly cheesy episodes and moments.

I think season 2 is the best, as the show really decided what it was about.

People like season 3, but I disagree. The beginning was pretty good, but by the end I was so bored of the show due to the fact that pretty much every single fucking episode Lana would invariably show up at Clark's barn and they'd have the exact same fucking conversation about 'truth' and 'honesty,' but never have any real character growth. Lana was so boring that I wanted her dead by the end of the season, and the Adam storyline was dull dull dull. Lex and his father's storyline was pretty tedious and repetitve as well. Plus Pete became so useless they had to get rid of him.

Season 4 is incrediaby underated in my opinion. People are always bitching about the 'Lana's a Witch' storyine, but it really doesn't take up as much screen time as people complain about. Sure it got a bit tedious at the end, but Lana and Clark barely interacted throuout the whole season so that was a welcome break. Lionel in jail was good and Jason was actually not a bad character until the end. Plus Lois showed up and totally saved the show.

Season 5 is pretty great so far, but I won't judge it yet. But the election storyline is killing me.

So I'd go

2 - best

3 - worst

Season 2

Season 3

Season 1

Season 4

4 was just bad bad bad. The whole "Lana's a witch" thing was just so uninteresting and took up way too much of the show. I enjoyed season 1 a lot, they just seemed too caught in the monster of the week type storyline. I could just as easily swicth seasons 2 and 3 around. I liked Lex losing his mind durring season 3.

Also sometime you can end a season. So far every season has ended on a cliffhanger.