TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Longdogger_Pete

Favorite Match Stip of All Time

Agreed with Calvinball!

As far as one I've written, my Old School Rules match was cool, and that Canadian Death Match I just did was fun. I could have done another 4,000 words on that easy.

All-Show Ironman Backstage Brawl vs Insane Luchador :D

We set off car alarms

We terrified Girl Scouts

We stole weedwhackers

We interrupted Dace vs Clark

We upstaged the main event!

I loved writing submission matches, but I'm only saying that because it's commercial.

I also got a kick out of the couple of ladder matches I was involved in, because they presented a challenge for the character and I had to figure out how to make him win in a match where he really wasn't supposed to. (Of course, he only won one. Grrr.)

All-Show Ironman Backstage Brawl vs Insane Luchador :D

We set off car alarms

We terrified Girl Scouts

We stole weedwhackers

We interrupted Dace vs Clark

We upstaged the main event!

Even though I lost that match I adored writing it. The Motor City Rumble (IL versus Dace inside a car factory) was a lot of fun to write too. My favorite stipulation hasn't been done yet but someday might be (foreshadowing~!).

The fact that Ash won the JL World Title on that show is far more disturbing than nutshots, the Elk, and Cutthroat put together.

And my favorite match stip of all-time (to write) was a Street Fight. I had two really good ones: One with Erek Taylor for the ICTV title, which he won, and one with Thoth for the World Title, which I won (although it might have been by default - I dunno). But I really liked the stip; it played to my character strengths and let you take the match a lot of different directions. As for my favorite stips to read: I was always a sucker for the gimmicky ones, like Mall Brawl and Hide 'n' Seek matches. I also really dug cage matches, which I thought read really well. Ladder matches, on the other hand, were never my favorite to read, despite them being my favorite gimmick match in real life.

Does anybody remember that huge list of a hundred something stipulations that Payne would post? It had some of the most stupid, crazy shit on it...

Not -quite- the topic but close enough since it's a trip down memory lane.

Mall Brawl FTW.

Does anybody remember that huge list of a hundred something stipulations that Payne would post? It had some of the most stupid, crazy shit on it...
I wonder if anyone knows around what time this was posted (not time of day ;) but the approximate date) cause I'd like to find it

I tried to search through it and couldn't find it. It had the basics from like Battle Royal to Lighttube Cabins to Death Island (thumbtacks surround the ring, barbed wire ropes, and broken glass in the ring)... so just some bizarre shit. But my search wasn't very thorough, I don't remember when Payne bailed though.

Anyway I'm just glad to see the deathmatch stips (~!) back.

Well, how about that. I actually reposted the list. It's just as absurd as I remember and there's legitimate stips that aren't listed. This is for entertainment purposes (though the moped match must happened someday)-

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...topic=12659&hl=

thanks for the list, I'm sure I could find one or two matches on there that'd suit Bruce :D

what the heck is a Miami Menace match by the way?