TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

MTV is starting a wrestling promotion

Kris Kloss will be there fucking annoucer? Great, now if I watch this, I have to watch it on mute. Just fucking wonderful.

But get motherfucking Riveira to do color.

Watching my Baptized in Blood II VHS made me mark even more for AAE. I so mark for Spanish accents.

There's no date set yet.

Vampiro said the end of the summer since he's semi retire and will only do this MTV project and work on a training school.

According to Mike Johnson MTV has decided to pick up the Wrestling Society X

project. All of the wrestlers still envolved were told that their contracts are

going to be optioned. Big Vision Intertainment is hopeful that MTV will sign on

for at least 3 seasons.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
According to several sources, wrestlers under contract to the Wrestling Society X project were contacted via telephone and/or emailed yesterday evening, informed that MTV had indeed picked up the show. Wrestlers were told that their contracts are going to be optioned, which means they are not free to sign elsewhere.

Mike Johnson reports that the wrestlers have been told that the first Wrestling Society X taping will be in October and the show will be on the air in November. It is not known yet if they're planning on doing one big taping for several shows or spread them out over time.

For those who have asked, here is an update on the MTV Wrestling Society X project. Within the last week, wrestlers under contract to the series have been informed that a taping for the first season will likely take place at some point in October in the Los Angeles area. Several have been turning dates down for promoters, noting they cannot commit to events in October until the WSX taping schedule is set. There's no word if the series will tape the entire series in one shot (as was originally the plan when the pilot was filmed last February) or if they would do a semi-regular series of tapings to keep the episodes fresh, like TNA currently does in Orlando, Florida. There's talk that WSX may end up debuting on MTV in late Fall, possibly November but nothing is 100% confirmed yet.

Also, here is their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/WrestlingSocietyX

Guest Connzilla

It would be cool if the show ends up airing on wensday that way we have different wrestling program 5 days a week.

This promotion has a lot of potential. The fact that this promotion have connections to RXLL and NWA Pro. I can't wait until this November. It will definitely be different from TNA and WWE.

Within the last week, wrestlers under contract to the series have been informed that a taping for the first season will likely take place at some point in October in the Los Angeles area.

He just said he wished it would air on Fridays, not that it's already airing. And I don't think it would be a good idea to run a brand new wrestling show in direct competition against an established show like Smackdown; Wednesday night is by far their best bet, since it's the only one not currently inhabited by a wrestling show on national cable. But having said all that, let's just say that in my opinion a show that depends on guys like Vampiro and Waltman to be its main eventers probably doesn't have much of a chance in the first place.

Within the last week, wrestlers under contract to the series have been informed that a taping for the first season will likely take place at some point in October in the Los Angeles area.

He just said he wished it would air on Fridays, not that it's already airing. And I don't think it would be a good idea to run a brand new wrestling show in direct competition against an established show like Smackdown; Wednesday night is by far their best bet, since it's the only one not currently inhabited by a wrestling show on national cable. But having said all that, let's just say that in my opinion a show that depends on guys like Vampiro and Waltman to be its main eventers probably doesn't have much of a chance in the first place.

It will most likely air on Friday nights(and repeat everyday just like other MTV shows),so basically it will come on EVERYDAY.

WSX sister promotion:

Jose "Pepe" Villa is the financial backer for Vampiro's new Revolucion X Lucha Libre (RXLL) promotion. Villa has spent the last several years as a promoter for Antonio Pena's AAA promotion.

El Infermador reports that RXLL will air on Televisa Channel 4 at 7PM every Monday evening starting 9/4. The promotion is also claiming to have secured a TV deal for a 30-minute show on MTV in Latin America starting in November.

As previously reported, the debut taping is 9/2 in Guadalajara, and will feature Vampiro vs. Sean Waltman. Vampiro will make himself the top babyface and use rival Konnan as his adversary.

Vampiro is billing this promotion as the most extreme wrestling in Mexico mixed with local music bands.

Guest Connzilla

After Xpac made that suprice appearence at that WWE house show does anyone know what his status in WSX is?

Guest Connzilla

Credit: http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1159080310.shtml

Ron "The Truth" Killings was reportedly looking to get out of his three-year deal with TNA and sign with the upstart MTV "Wrestling Society X" project that is still scheduled to tape TV later this year. Killings was said to have been upset with his current push in TNA and the company is said to be holding him to his deal. He will be competing at the No Surrender PPV later tonight teaming with Lance Hoyt (who will make his return to TNA TV) in the Triple Chance Tag Team Battle Royal.

Guest Connzilla

Credit- http://pwinsider.com/index56.asp

WRESTLING SOCIETY X TAPINGS APPARENTLY SET FOR NOVEMBER

by Mike Johnson @ 9:45:00 AM on 9/27/2006

Wrestlers contracted to the Wrestling Society X have been pulling out of indy dates scheduled for 11/10-11/12, so it appears that will be the initial Los Angeles taping dates for the project.

Among those signed for the series are Teddy Hart, Sean Waltman, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, and Vampiro.

Mike Johnson reports that the whole first season of Wrestling Society X will be taped from Saturday, November 11th - Friday, November 17th in Los Angeles. Unlike other wrestling shows WSX will not be live to tape so there may be multiple takes depending on how things go. It will be a half hour show. WSX has started a MySpace to distribute tickets.

you know taping a entire season is going to hurt their rating's once the spoilers get put out.

Guest Connzilla

Yep and then MTV not understanding wrestling will cancel the show instead of taping live or taping an episode a few days before it airs type thing for the next season.

Taping shows every week or even bi-weekly costs a lot of money.

The audience for this show is not internet fans. It's stupid MTV kids who want highspots and weapon-related violence set to music.

Anyone who expects a real wrestling show is in for a big surprise.

Taping shows every week or even bi-weekly costs a lot of money.

The audience for this show is not internet fans. It's stupid MTV kids who want highspots and weapon-related violence set to music.

Anyone who expects a real wrestling show is in for a big surprise.

That doesn't mean spoilers won't get out. It just takes one person.

I don't think MTV consider this as a traditional wrestling show because they are taping in "seasons" format. It's still possible this show can be the highest rated thing on MTV because MTV shows don't really do big numbers because MTV makes money regardless of a rating.

I'm still going to watch just because I know this show will be crazy and interesting. The whole feel to the show is going to be different than anything we seen and the production is going to be crazy because it's MTV.

I don't think MTV consider this as a traditional wrestling show because they are taping in "seasons" format. It's still possible this show can be the highest rated thing on MTV because MTV shows don't really do big numbers because MTV makes money regardless of a rating.

I'm still going to watch just because I know this show will be crazy and interesting. The whole feel to the show is going to be different than anything we seen and the production is going to be crazy because it's MTV.

......I'm not sure if your joking or being serious.