TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO 1/20/06 Smackdown thread

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Whoa Tito Santana is the Mayor of Roxbury, New Jersey?!?!?! Who knew?

Guest wildpegasus

My prediction came true about Henry and Rey being a thumbs up match. In fact, it was a very good match. I'm glad to see people warming up to Mark Henry. He's one of the most interesting guys in wrestling right now.

Everybody is bashing Henry lately but Henry doesn't really deserve it. He's a pretty good big man at the moment. My dad is a mark and he already sees Henry as a big threat to Angle after one frigging match.

I thought the whole episode was one of the better all around workrate shows recently, which is great because Smackdown! has had a few of those now in the past few months. Orlando/Orton was way better than it had any right to be, the two seemed to have some chemistry. London/Kendrik made the Gymini look fantastic in a fun tag match, and Henry is actually making me look forward to his WHC match at the Rumble.

It was a good match between Henry and Mysterio, but I'm surprised by this boner you guys have for Mark Henry all of a sudden. I'll admit he's looking pretty good in the ring with guys like Angle and Mysterio to carry him. I'll reserve judgement on jumping on the Mark Henry Bandwagon until he has a passable match with someone like Boogeyman (you know it's going to happen sooner or later) who won't be able to carry him.

I thought the whole episode was one of the better all around workrate shows recently, which is great because Smackdown! has had a few of those now in the past few months. Orlando/Orton was way better than it had any right to be, the two seemed to have some chemistry. London/Kendrik made the Gymini look fantastic in a fun tag match, and Henry is actually making me look forward to his WHC match at the Rumble.

The Orton/OJ match was Awesome! To bad the finish was crap!

Guest Nathan
It was a good match between Henry and Mysterio, but I'm surprised by this boner you guys have for Mark Henry all of a sudden. I'll admit he's looking pretty good in the ring with guys like Angle and Mysterio to carry him. I'll reserve judgement on jumping on the Mark Henry Bandwagon until he has a passable match with someone like Boogeyman (you know it's going to happen sooner or later) who won't be able to carry him.

How did Mysterio carry him?

I finally got to watch Smackdown last night for the first time in two months thanks to a crappy UPN station that is usually on the fritz. Well... I liked what I saw. Some quick shots...

I don't have a boner for Henry like some people, but he did look better than he ever has last night. I'm buying him as a legit threat to the title after seeing him last night. That ending sequence was just AWESOME. I didn't see it coming at all, and it was spot-on. Henry is making the most of his opportunity, good for him. And DAMN, I swear that's the hottest I have EVER see Melina look. She was just fucking beautfiul tonight.

Maybe it's just me, but did London & Kendrick seem a bit off tonight? Either way, I liked what I saw from Gymini and the Walking Heat Machine, Simon Dean. That finisher is WICKED. Can't wait to see more matches out of these two.

BOOGEYMAN~! That's all you need to know.

If Finlay comes out the next 3 weeks and just stiffs the ever loving shit out of some jobbers, that could get him over a bit more as a main threat. I only say jobbers, cause let's face it guys, the WWE is just gonna put the cruiserweights out there and let Finlay stiff the ever loving shit out of them until they find the right opponent for him for a PPV.

I'm indifferent to Booker T & Sharmell... and will somebody get OJ and that fugly afro off my TV?

And there ya go. Solid thumbs up from me for a good show.

Guest Coffey

That's not fair because Henry would be trying to carry The Boogeyman. JBL Vs. The Boogeyman is going to be the shits and people won't make that comparison and a lot of people have "warmed up" to JBL recently.

I think Henry gets a lot of flak because he's sucked in the past (although a lot of it was just poor booking) and because that whole Cage Match thing got leaked. On TV, Henry has come off fine since his return. At least I think.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I thought the whole episode was one of the better all around workrate shows recently, which is great because Smackdown! has had a few of those now in the past few months. Orlando/Orton was way better than it had any right to be,
I disagree here. It was so long, and so dull with those damn chinlock segments, and it was a 15 minute Orlando Jordan match. Bryan Alverez joked that Benoit was so pissed after the match because he had to sit through that match.