TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Vince Russo on WOL

Russo is now taking credit for 2000/1, claiming he set it all up.

Meltzer pointed out that it was a team effort, but Russo, and the caller, who was a fan of Russo, refuted that,

Wait. Russo backtracked on that one now.

Dave pretty much owned him when bringing up that Angle, the Radicals, and others took over the show and it went in a completely different direction than Russo's and that 2000 was their best year business wise. This coming after Russo saying that he told Vince that everything was lined up and that all Vince had to do was ride it out.

It felt like Russo was trying to take credit for The Radicalz by saying they came in "99/2000".

That's the impression I got. But Russo was booking for WCW when the Radz were still there. In fact they left the week after Russo was booted out the first time. You'd think that Russo would remember that.

It felt like Russo was trying to take credit for The Radicalz by saying they came in "99/2000".

That's the impression I got. But Russo was booking for WCW when the Radz were still there. In fact they left the week after Russo was booted out the first time. You'd think that Russo would remember that.

Maybe he does remember and chose not to bring it up. There are plenty of things he'd like to never bring up.

Maybe he was trying to say "If i never did that stupid shit, they wouldn't have left"?

Who knows and why does Meltzer keep having Russo on? and if Russo is past wrestling, why is he even on this show constantly?

Maybe he was trying to say "If i never did that stupid shit, they wouldn't have left"?

Who knows and why does Meltzer keep having Russo on? and if Russo is past wrestling, why is he even on this show constantly?

Russo has a book to plug

Anybody who says "I've got to be honest with you" as much as Russo does is probably lying.

I wish that Dave asked Russo to elaborate on what exactly the year's worth of programming that he supposedly laid out for the WWE writing team during his brief return actually entailed.

Anybody who says "I've got to be honest with you" as much as Russo does is probably lying.

I wish that Dave asked Russo to elaborate on what exactly the year's worth of programming that he supposedly laid out for the WWE writing team during his brief return actually entailed.

I think it goes without saying Russo wasn't being honest.

Especially when Russo is virtually incapable of planning things out, much less sticking to those plans.

Especially when Russo is virtually incapable of planning things out, much less sticking to those plans.

There are times when Russo seems like he's throwing everything against to see what sticks but to say he's incapable of planning things out is ridiculous. The 1998 Survivor Series angle and everything leading up to it was more developed and thought out than anything the WWE has done in the last five years. Everything leading to the nWo reformation in December of 1999 was laid out really well too.

There are times when Russo seems like he's throwing everything against to see what sticks but to say he's incapable of planning things out is ridiculous. The 1998 Survivor Series angle and everything leading up to it was more developed and thought out than anything the WWE has done in the last five years. Everything leading to the nWo reformation in December of 1999 was laid out really well too.

The Rock heel turn was well written, that much is true.

Not everything leading up to nWo version 653,322 was well written. The World title tournament, which was part of it, was one of the worst booked tournaments of all time. Not to mention we had another boring and pointless rehash of Montreal.

Guest Hass of Pain

Russo has a book to plug

Man, I dislike Russo as much as the next guy but you're being a little rough on the guy in this particular interview. He hardly mentioned his book the entire interview, hardly put himself over for anything and seemed pretty straight forward.

I was more disappointed in Alvarez who has spent the last few years using Russo as a punch line and even wrote a book more or less blaming Russo on killing WCW, then he hides in the background the entire time Russo is on the show and maybe spoke up twice in a shaky, frightened sounding voice.

The Rock heel turn was well written, that much is true.

Not everything leading up to nWo version 653,322 was well written. The World title tournament, which was part of it, was one of the worst booked tournaments of all time. Not to mention we had another boring and pointless rehash of Montreal.

It's funny that everyone who rushes to defend the guy throws one angle out as proof that he could plan things and disregard everything else that he did that either didn't make sense or didn't have a finish. Russo calls himself a professional writer, but to me, to be a professional writer tha story is supposed to have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Russo was great at writing the begining, but not so good with the middle, and horrible when it came to the end.

For all of Russo's wrongs, I can't hate the man for the simple fact that he enjoyed involving everyone in the show. When Russo was around, everyone had a gimmick (no matter how bad it may have been, re: Beaver Cleavage/Chaz) and something to do. He managed to find something that for a time, got Mark Henry over, something they couldn't do for three years prior. In WCW, he handled Lance Storm very well, came up with Three Count and the Natural Born Thrillers, and did a lot for younger guys and newcomers, something that WCW couldn't/didn't do with just Bischoff and his underlings running the show.

I don't know about the whole year, but it was reported somewhere along the way that the angle started with some sort of invasion led by Foley, Hart and a bunch of other has-beens that may or may not have even been under contract.

Supposedly it was going to be an WCW Invasion rehash led by Bret Hart, Mick Foley, Scott Steiner and Goldberg. Conspiracy theorists figure that Russo proposed the whole thing in order for WWE to rethink hiring him and let him out of his contract, which freed him to go to TNA.

For all of Russo's wrongs, I can't hate the man for the simple fact that he enjoyed involving everyone in the show. When Russo was around, everyone had a gimmick (no matter how bad it may have been, re: Beaver Cleavage/Chaz) and something to do. He managed to find something that for a time, got Mark Henry over, something they couldn't do for three years prior. In WCW, he handled Lance Storm very well, came up with Three Count and the Natural Born Thrillers, and did a lot for younger guys and newcomers, something that WCW couldn't/didn't do with just Bischoff and his underlings running the show.

The more people you try to get over the less chance any one of them has to get over. It's a nice idea in theory to give everyone something to do, but it's better to concentrate on getting handful of people over rather than everyone at once.

Three Count was a Jimmy Hart idea. And, of all people, Kevin Nash was behind NBT, or at least pushing them.