TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shooting Star

ECW Hat Guy

Guest netslob

he wore tacky shirts.

Was Matt Young hat man?

depends...does he look like Bud Bundy?

He was the first fan with a gimmick and he thought he was a part of the show...

If it wasn't for him there would have been no fans like the The Green Lantern Fan.

Guest TheGreatWesuke

He had a couple friends named Sign Guy, Hawaiian Shirt Guy, and Faith No More Guy.

They were all guys, and they like sitting in the front row.

Hat Guy used to be at all the Philly-area shows back in the day. In addition to ECW, I remember seeing him at Slamboree 94, KOTR 95, Mind Games, SummerSlam 97 and a few Raws and house shows. He tended to get front row seats for these shows too...right up until the boom anyway.

Guest Coffey

I think he was on the ECW DVD wasn't he? His wife died or something so he decided to just go to all the wrestling shows. I remember that.

Guest Happy Go Nowhere

On the 7th of June, 2001, at a JAPW event, Skinhead Ivan stole his hat and threw it into the crowd. He quickly got it back

...A black five minutes in wrestling's past.

Guest TheGreatWesuke

He was front row at a Slamboree event in Philly and Terry Funk took his hat after the match, threw it on the floor and started dropping elbows on it. My all time favorite Hat Guy memory.

Vladmir is a great guy, he attends most of the Ohio shows and works with HVW and I believe, worked with OVW at some point. He's a great guy to talk to and you'll never see a wrestler ignore him.

Go to any ROH show, he'll come through the front door like normal fans, talk to fans in line and go inside and he's always taken to the back by the wrestlers or management, I've seen him sit on the balcony with the talent and come back and sit with the fans for the main event.

One of the better fans in wrestling.

I thought Vladimir was the tan, fairly ripped guy w/ the top who attended a lot of MSG shows in the 1980s.

Pink Jacket man has got to be someonoe else . . . or else the tan guy is someone else. Bah, I dunno.

There's a bald super fan with glasses who always wears a pink shirt. And he's not Vladimir. This guy usually has front row tickets at all shows in Ohio, like Great American Bash '95, Heatwave '98, and Heatwave '99. Maven almost kicked him in the head at Wrestlemania 18.