TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

NOAH Young Lion Promotion Announced!

NOAH Young Lion Promotion Announced! by RD - 27 Jan 2006

It was announced today that Pro Wrestling NOAH will establish an offshoot young lion promotion to promote young wrestlers starting in spring. The shows will be held at Tokyo Differ Ariake & they are estimating 300-500 fans in attendence. Tickets will be available on the day and will cost just 3000 yen, and to seperate the promotion from NOAH the famous green mat will be abandoned for a new colour, and a new name is being decided, both of which are not determined at this time.

Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA will be installed as the aces of the promotion, and the main focus of the promotion is to function as a gateway for success in NOAH & other promotions.

Green Destiny

This is a great idea to give the rookies experience in front of people and to get the fans educated with them. This can only turn out to be a good thing for future business.

My knowledge on the japanese wrestling scene is somewhat limited, but hey as long as it doesn't lose the company any money. This can be nothing but a good way to start off newer wrestlers without just throwing them into the main show.

Guest Famous Mortimer

Sounds like a fun idea. I don't know how many more feds Japan can support, but if it can work like OVW (but not suck sometimes like OVW does) then it'll be great.

Sounds like a fun idea. I don't know how many more feds Japan can support, but if it can work like OVW (but not suck sometimes like OVW does) then it'll be great.

Thats what I thought as well. Its a good idea to have a developmental kind of organization to make the new young wrestlers to learn in before they hit the main stage with NOAH. If done right NOAH might benefit alot from this and become even better than they already are. However I think it will take quite a while before we really see what this new promotion does for its wrestlers and what relation it will have to pro-wrestling NOAH long term.